Review by ayoomisope -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
truebookaddict
Favorite Book: The Historian
Currently Reading: The Witching Hour
Bookshelf Size: 3837
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-truebookaddict.html
Reading Device: B00TSUGXKE

Re: Review by ayoomisope -- Final Notice by Van Fleisher

Post by truebookaddict »

I like that this book touches on important social issues and smoothly incorporates them in the narrative. Personally, I think knowing when you are going to die would not be fun. I guess it might be good for getting affairs in order, etc., but I think it's too frightening. Thanks for your insight!
“Even if she be not harmed, her heart may fail her in so much and so many horrors; and hereafter she may suffer--both in waking, from her nerves, and in sleep, from her dreams.”
― Bram Stoker, Dracula
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I’m definitely a big fan of thrillers and this sounds like such an interesting concept. Showing the issue of gun possession and highlighting the issues between the different age generations, both such strong points that need discussing more.
Samanthajayne12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samanthajayne12.html
Latest Review: Escape by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD

Post by Samanthajayne12 »

I’m definitely a big fan of thrillers and this sounds like such an interesting concept. Showing the issue of gun possession and highlighting the issues between the different age generations, both such strong points that need discussing more.
jaliper
Currently Reading: The Healer
Bookshelf Size: 598

Post by jaliper »

Thank you for your comprehensive review! It is always a great thing when the plot is fluid and well-developed - a thing of beauty indeed!
Callistus Ibenye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-callistus-ibenye.html
Latest Review: Concealment by Rose Edmunds

Post by Callistus Ibenye »

Great review. This seems like a cool thriller book to read. I like to add this book to my reading list. Thank you for sharing.
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

I sampled the book on Amazon. The topic of gun acquisition has been taken up in the novel by the author Van Fleisher. The growing instances of gun-related incidents have grown in America. Van has taken this situation in account and has penned a very interesting and well-written fictional novel. There are different characters which have been portrayed interestingly with interesting instances of their lives and the concerned issue. There is a side related to technology and its implication in the particular scenario. And as mentioned by Ayoomisope in the review anyone interested in C/T/M/H genre would definitely enjoy this read. Cheers. :) :)
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Post by Rosemary Wright »

A well-written novel about gun possession, politics, and technological advancements. It's quite fascinating and engaging.
Julehart1
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julehart1.html
Latest Review: Killing Time ... Physics, Lust and Greed Series Book 3 by Mike Murphey

Post by Julehart1 »

This book sounds very interesting. I love science fiction stories like this. This book is so complex. Knowing when you die and what people do when they find out and all of the chaos it causes seems like a great plot. Glad to also hear that the characters are well developed. Thanks for your review.
Patox
Currently Reading: Death Must Go On!
Bookshelf Size: 13

Post by Patox »

The author grapples with very serious societal issues. One is the issue of safety and security of senior citizens, the debate on gun ownership and use and finally on health care. A very insightful piece of fiction.
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

It's a very thought-provoking question. No one knows when they will die. I just know that if it is true, knowing when someone will die will cause panic. Though it may be a good thing as it gives you to settle everything before leaving. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
Ellie Gatillo
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 74609">The Devil and Miss Prym</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1034
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellieonline03.html
Latest Review: Quest for Closure by David B. McKinney
2024 Reading Goal: 12
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Ellie Gatillo »

It's a very thought-provoking question. No one knows when they will die. I just know that if it is true, knowing when someone will die will cause panic. Though it may be a good thing as it gives you to settle everything before leaving. Thank you for your review!
"For you, a thousand times over." - The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
James Alexander
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-alexander.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by James Alexander »

Action, thriller and crime books are my favourite book. Moreover, this review has got me loving the book. I am going to read this one. Thank you for sharing.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

This is one of the most insightful books about the contemporary society. The issue of gun control has been tactfully presented by the author.
Amlalo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Amlalo »

This is actually the trailer am looking for ,it has a well developed structure and characters and infact its really interesting and nice
Chicken
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chicken.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by Chicken »

:geek2: :geek2: :geek2: Amazing review, personally not fond of action/drama for books but the story concerns revenge. I would like to know if they will realize at the end that revenge will not be a great option. Thanks I'll consider this book after reading the other. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”