Review by Rosemary Wright -- 30th Century: Escape

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Rosemary Wright
2018 Reading Goal: 50
2017 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 80
2017 Reading Goal Completion: 40
Favorite Book: Unbalanced
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Crabbie by Jenny Anne

Review by Rosemary Wright -- 30th Century: Escape

Post by Rosemary Wright » 29 Nov 2017, 08:12

[Following is a volunteer review of "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin, PhD.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"30th Century: Escape" is the first novel in a trilogy. It's a science - fiction book blended with erotic tales. The book constitutes of 330 pages.

It's in the thirtieth - century, the Australian Syndos - run government has developed a water - born prion that will exterminate the natural human race.

The Syndos are genetically - altered humans. They have enhanced DNA which allows them to outperform the average human in strength, speed, stamina and reaction time. Their DNA is defective because it lacks moral compass. They see the natural humans as an inferior trash which they plan to make extinct.

Captain Jennifer Hero, a descendant of one of the original scientists and engineers who created the Syndos, organises ten teams of five members each of secret security agents. Jennifer is a member of one of the teams and also the overall leader of the ten teams.

Their mission is to save naturals from extinction by a one - way trip to the past in the twenty - seventh century to obtain " Virus V7", a virus that will correct the genetic error present in the first Syndos that prevented them from developing a sense of morality. The injection of the virus into the Syndos as young children of the twenty - seventh century will prevent their aggressive behavior against humans.

Jennifer and her colleagues get on board their trans - time facility which was designed by Nobel Laureate Professor Zexton Ho, Jennifer's lover that was assassinated.

The trans - time machine is attacked by the Syndos and Jennifer sends her colleagues to the twenty - seventh century to complete the mission while she sends herself to the year 2015 in the twenty - first century. She arrives in an Island and is discovered and rescued by Professor Marty Zintonick and his research team members.

The story takes a twist. Jennifer feigns amnesia and hides her intelligence and superior abilities. She tries to conform to the new and different life in the twenty - first century. Jennifer is now determined to discover herself and start a new life.

I enjoyed the beginning of the book and I was reading as if my eyes were glued to an edition of a TV science - fiction series. The story has a fast - paced plot with lots of interesting events. Mark Kingston inserted a lot of technical words and information in the archeological, science research and engineering fields. I learnt some new things. The book seems professionally edited and proofread because I didn't stumble on any grammatical errors or typos.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because in few instances, there were long descriptions of things and events that tend to be boring and also, the story contains undue graphic sex scenes, male/female, female/female and multi - partner sex scenes.

I recommend this book to those mature adults, who love reading science - fiction and erotica - fiction. It will be a good read for them.

30th Century: Escape
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like Rosemary Wright's review? Post a comment saying so!

ValBookReviews
2018 Reading Goal: 30
2018 Reading Goal Completion: 93
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 355
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valbookreviews.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles

Post by ValBookReviews » 27 Mar 2018, 20:19

Hey Rosemary! It certainly sounds like a "star trek" adventure. But, I'm not into erotic science fiction and yet, a review of spoiler alerts.
"And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life". (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:

Fozia-Bajwa
Currently Reading: Call Her Miss Ross
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fozia-bajwa.html
Latest Review: Andalusian in Jerusalem by Mois benarroch

Post by Fozia-Bajwa » 16 Sep 2018, 16:27

Captain Jennifer is the protagonist who is hero of secret society agents in the 30th century. Syndos is characterized by a race of genetically modified humans who consider the natural human beings as inferior generation and want to rub them from this world. Jennifer hero has a mission to enable naturals to virus the Syndos with a genetic code to save mankind from destruction caused by immorality of genetically modified humans (Syndos). Thanks for your great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”