Opinions on the cover and ilustrations

Use this forum to discuss the July 2018 Book of the Month "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Base
SAMINA1122
Currently Reading: And Then I Met Margaret
Bookshelf Size: 11

Re: Opinions on the cover and ilustrations

Post by SAMINA1122 »

I have read this book. I really enjoyed this colorful book with beautiful illustrations and a positive theme. The colors captivate me, too. It is glossy and attractive.
"Reading never stops even if there is an ending."
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Helen_Combe wrote: โ†‘01 Jul 2018, 04:02 I loved the cover, especially the way it brought together all of the topics inside the book. I also like the way the illustrations link to the writing, reinforcing the words with the action.
Illustrations have strong impact on children's behavior. Kids are little attracted to those books which have dull colours. No doubt in this book we see very very strong correlation between words and pictures.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

MsTri wrote: โ†‘01 Jul 2018, 12:39 I too thought the cover and pictures were very well done. Children for whom this book is intended love all of the color. Even beyond that, as I noted in my review, "a couple of pictures don't even have words, they're just for looking at. In several instances, it's clear that the pictures are a continuation from the previous page and even though it's just okay in the .pdf version, I imagine that it makes for a very nice two-page spread in the print version."
As they say " pictures speak." So this is right for this book. Children can easily judge by seeing those pictures what the Toni is doing, without words.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Kmykel wrote: โ†‘01 Jul 2018, 13:24 I'm going to be the odd one out here, but I thought the illustrations were far too simple. I speak as a cartoonist myself (be it not a professional one), and I thought they were just a wasted opportunity. A book like this needs big, beautiful, detailed pictures and these look unprofessional and sloppy. There was a nice sense of movement, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about it.
I think, children pay little or no attention to such minute flaws. You are a professional, so you were able to judge it. A layman can't judge it.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Every illustrations contains the whole story which is enjoyable not only for kids but for the adults too. I consider it a perfect book for children. Yes, the author can add much more in next books according to the changes in Toni's overall appearance.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

SAMINA1122 wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2018, 05:11 I have read this book. I really enjoyed this colorful book with beautiful illustrations and a positive theme. The colors captivate me, too. It is glossy and attractive.
"Reading never stops even if there is an ending."
I really like your last line. It rightly depicts the beauty of this whole book. This is the quality that will compel children and their parents to go for the second book in series.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

Amy+++ wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2018, 02:22 I like the cover. It catches your eye with all the colors and little Toni proudly holding up a broom is great. It goes with the theme of the book.
The cover is the gist of all the book. Just by watching the cover, you can easily predict about the story inside. Its credit goes to the cartoonist of this book.

๐Ÿ“•๐Ÿ“–๐Ÿ“ฐ๐Ÿ““๐Ÿ“•
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Alena_Surya wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2018, 01:23 I felt some illustrations were out of perspective espescially the dining room scene.
I actually liked that image because I thought it emphasized the fruits and vegetables so, therefore, encouraged children to eat healthy.
kfwilson6
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

Amy+++ wrote: โ†‘31 Jul 2018, 02:22 I like the cover. It catches your eye with all the colors and little Toni proudly holding up a broom is great. It goes with the theme of the book.
The front cover is a great combination of the many things Toni likes. I thought that illustration was cleverly done. It was one of my favorites along with the pictures hanging in the living room wall of Toni. I like when illustrators can insert funny little things like that to add just a little something extra.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1154
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

The cover and illustrations seemed to suit the children perfectly. All the illustrations were brightly coloured so as to attract the child's attention. The cover summed up all those pictures and gave a clear idea about what is to come. Toni's superhero dress and cape were another charming addition which will no doubt mesmerize the children.
[Valerie Allen]
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 776
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerie-allen.html
Latest Review: Utopia Project by Billy Dering

Post by [Valerie Allen] »

I do think that is a matter of one's opinion.
Last edited by gali on 02 Aug 2018, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-promoting
And another book was opened, which is the Book of Life. (Revelation 20:12 (NKJV) :reading-7:
bookiegalke
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookiegalke.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams

Post by bookiegalke »

I think the cover was well illustrated and laid out. It would definitely stimulate a child to learn how to read by themselves
'if you encounter a man of rare intellect, you should ask him what books he reads'
Ralph Waldo Emerson
JR Mercier
Favorite Book: The Bear and the Nightingale
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jr-mercier.html
Latest Review: Betrayal by Maggie Walsh

Post by JR Mercier »

I think illustrations are a great way to engage children. Not only does it put more meaning behind the words but it also keeps them interested. I also think it gives children confidence when they can see pictures and the meaning behind the words.
Dream up something wild and improbable.
-Strange The Dreamer, Laini Taylor
lavellan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lavellan.html
Latest Review: encoded by Richard Nedbal

Post by lavellan »

I think that the color scheme and illustrations are simplistic enough to keep a child's attention. The illustrations may not be complex enough for older readers. I think that the illustrations did a great job of matching up with text. This makes it easier for children to become more confident readers.
v i n
Favorite Book: Roadmap to the End of Days
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-v-i-n.html
Latest Review: Our pastor has gone mad again by Elijah Oladimeji

Post by v i n »

The cover page worth the story. I like it because it has an ability to capture the minds of the young readers. also for me, I think the cover page portrays some aspects and themes of the story. thus making t exceptional.

Return to โ€œDiscuss "Toni the Superhero" by R.D. Baseโ€