Official Review: The Spirit of Revival

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any non-fiction books such as autobiographies or political commentary books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EmunahAn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emunahan.html
Latest Review: Unremembered Victory by Dennis H. Klein

Official Review: The Spirit of Revival

Post by EmunahAn »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Spirit of Revival" by Ewang Nelson Mfortaw.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Spirit of Revival by Ewang Nelson Mfortaw is a conversation containing profound revelations that traverse both the New and Old Testaments. There is so much contained in every page of this book and there is much that can be gleaned from the writer’s words. The book is basically an invitation to take a deeper look into Christianity.

The author starts off by expounding on the Lordship of Jesus Christ. He explains the truth that Jesus brought to this world and how through this truth, we have been set free. Along the way, he explains what sin is by investigating its origin. Further, he touches on the baptism of water and that of the Holy Spirit as well as the new life and what it entails. He then delves into faith as a way of life and not just a mindset. He also explores the concepts of Sabbath and fasting. Towards the end, he submits his take on the second coming of Christ. Ultimately, the writer’s main aim is to awaken the Christian faith and adjure Christians to understand the will and mind of God. While presenting his goal, Mfortaw also points out common mistakes and errors that are made by many Christians out of their lack of knowledge.

The best attribute of the book, The Spirit of Revival is its sagacious presentation of many elements of the Bible. The depth in Ewang Nelson Mfortaw’s explanations is outstanding. He simply challenges common thinking. Time and again I felt urged to consider a deeper approach to what is contained in the Bible. His representation and explanation of Jesus as the final Sabbath as presented in the Biblical book of Hebrew was awe-inspiring. I was reminded of the beauty of focusing on God as the sole provider and fulfillment of my desires at the point where the author speaks of true contentment in the book.

I also liked the author’s writing style. Mfortaw inspired me and kindled my curiosity through questions that sprang from the account from time to time. He challenged my understanding of many aspects contained in the Word. In some cases, he juxtaposed the common point of view and the deeper realities of the Word, bringing out the contrasts between the two different stands. On one occasion he touches on the Feast of Tabernacles and how this feast was a physical representation of God living in man in later days.

The only reason that I cannot give the book a 4 stars rating is because of the many errors that dotted the plot, hence I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. Otherwise, The Spirit of Revival contains many deep revelations that any Christian who wishes to grow in their understanding of their new life should consider looking into.

The Spirit of Revival
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Like EmunahAn's review? Post a comment saying so!
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.”
― Nora Ephron
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a good theological read. Thanks for the great review.
davidcoin
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by davidcoin »

This book is highly inspirational and gives an insite to many things that one can't get on a normal church service or teaching.Thus the book The Spirit of Revival is a book anyone who wants a deep knowledge of Christianity should read.
enedina05

Post by enedina05 »

it's very interesting in almost half through book I love it.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Killing Shore
Bookshelf Size: 2389
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

I´m not a Christian, so this book is definitely not for me.
However, your review is insightful and interesting, and I´ll keep this book in mind for my Christian friends.
crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Post by crediblereading2 »

Christians and non-Christians alike need to have their faith uplifted, therefore, this book will fill this gap. Thank you for your beautiful review of this book.
Cecilia_L
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

Time and again I felt urged to consider a deeper approach to what is contained in the Bible.
THIS inspires me. Thanks for the recommendation and the wonderful review!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

I am always game for an inspiring book with the Creator at the center. Thank you for the insightful review.
melissy370
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melissy370.html
Latest Review: Home To Kentucky by Thomas A. McCoy
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by melissy370 »

I would wholeheartedly read this book. I think it would be interesting to hear how the author expounded upon Biblical passages. Thanks for your review.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It's too bad about the many errors, but this definitely sounds like a worthwhile and deeply theological book. I appreciate the knowledge you have given us about this book. I'll keep it in mind for the future when I need a book like this. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ofulue Dennis

Post by Ofulue Dennis »

At such times when " Christians " hardly know the difference between Christianity and church going, such a book as "The Spirit of Revival " definitely sounds like a Must read book. I Will sure keep it in mind for future reading
Ubah199
Currently Reading: Wilder
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Ubah199 »

The book is interesting to me am a christain but this book has given me insight to love God word and believe
Agumagu
Currently Reading: Understanding Unlimited Power of Faith
Bookshelf Size: 7

Post by Agumagu »

What an inspirational insight. The author have helped to know that it is the Holy spirit that can revive a man and through water baptism a sinner has identify with Christ showing that Christ is the Lord of all
joycechitwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joycechitwa.html
Latest Review: Chrome Mountain by Ben Schneider

Post by joycechitwa »

What do you mean when you say that there were many errors that dotted the plot? Is there a storyline in the book? The review implies that it is an exposition of Jesus Christ and His relevance through the Old and New Testament.

Return to “Non-Fiction Books”