How does this book compare to Belle Ami's Other Work?

Use this forum to discuss the June 2018 Book of the Month"The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami
MarisaRose
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

How does this book compare to Belle Ami's Other Work?

Post by MarisaRose »

For those of use who have read other works by Belle Ami, how did The Girl Who Knew da Vinci compare?

I enjoyed The Girl Who Knew da Vinci much more than Belle Ami's previous work that I read, Escape. I thought The Girl Who Knew da Vinci had more engaging characters and the plot was more exciting; however, I definitely didn't think the story was completely unique!

Thoughts?
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: My Wind Therapy
Bookshelf Size: 407
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: My Wind Therapy: Motorcycling Through A History of Child Abuse And Domestic Violence by Queen Five Star
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

Story cannot be taken as a unique fiction since the theme of dream driven actions is a bit common one. Anyway I cannot comment on comparing the books, since I haven't read her other books 📚
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Ashiyya Tariq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 235
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashiyya-tariq.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller
Reading Device: PDF

Post by Ashiyya Tariq »

The plot is a bit different from the previous book Escape. But the element of thrilling romance is common in both of the books.
Make your ideals high enough to inspire you and low enough to encourage you.

📕📖📰📓📕
Cristina Chifane
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee

Post by Cristina Chifane »

I haven't read other works by Belle Ami, but from her short bio, I understand that she mainly writes romances with a touch of mystery and suspense. In the case of this novel, I wish the characters were more developed and the plot more elaborated.
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
nicholvan
Favorite Author: Tina Dreffin
Currently Reading: Winning the war on cancer
Bookshelf Size: 5
fav_author_id: 50111

Post by nicholvan »

I think it's more engaging and interesting.
Jgideon
Favorite Book: Gates to Tangier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 253
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jgideon.html
Latest Review: Sundays with Sister ssj by Anthony Happy LaRiccia

Post by Jgideon »

I have not read any of her other books. Thus, I cannot comment on the comparison.
Samantha Simoneau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 240
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-samantha-simoneau.html
Latest Review: Dancing With Jesus by Allison Broughton
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Samantha Simoneau »

Juliet Muia wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 06:39 I have not read any of her other books. Thus, I cannot comment on the comparison.
Me neither, but I must say that reading everyone's comments on the BOTM is more entertaining than a Facebook game. You are all so insightful.
Samantha Simoneau

“But upon the stage of life, while conscience claps, let the world hiss! On the contrary if conscience disapproves, the loudest applauses of the world are of little value."
~John Adams :greetings-clapyellow:
bookowlie
Special Discussion Leader
Favorite Book: The Lost Continent
Currently Reading: The Night She Went Missing
Bookshelf Size: 442
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookowlie.html
Latest Review: To Paint A Murder by E. J. Gandolfo

Post by bookowlie »

Both books have a thriller element, but the tension and threat seems higher through the story in Escape. I found the plot more interesting in The Girl Who Knew da Vinci, but that's because I liked the art history tie-in. Both stories have international settings and a mix of themes.
"The best way out is always through" - Robert Frost
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

SamSim wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 12:17
Juliet Muia wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 06:39 I have not read any of her other books. Thus, I cannot comment on the comparison.
Me neither, but I must say that reading everyone's comments on the BOTM is more entertaining than a Facebook game. You are all so insightful.
Better than Candy Crush???? :o
Hehe jk. I too enjoy the various opinions that I read. I like when the conversations get a little more intellectual past the "is it a good or bad book" point.

I haven't read anything else by Belle Ami so I am interested to see what others on this thread will say. It will be good to know if it is worth pursuing any more of her work at this point, especially when it comes to the opinions of those who will have a similar perspective on this book to mine.
micoleon13
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micoleon13.html
Latest Review: Sandusky Burning by Bryan W. Conway

Post by micoleon13 »

She does seem to follow the romance suspense theme in her books. I've read The Tip of the Spear books, but I prefer this one due to the added art and history aspect.
P Reefer
Favorite Book: The Lost Identity Casualties
Currently Reading: De Facto Feminisn
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-p-reefer.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy

Post by P Reefer »

I have read Ami's The One and More: An Erotic Suspense novel. I found it a much smoother and easier read that this current text. As suggested by the title scenes of erotic sex unfolded from the beginning and the accompanying profane language was replete in such scenes. The Girl Who met Da Vinci has more of a convoluted style of writing with erotic scenes that are less graphic than The One and More.
Aohanlon86
Favorite Author: Charlaine Harris
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amcdanel86.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi
fav_author_id: 3791

Post by Aohanlon86 »

I enjoyed both books. Both are about a couple trying to escape. One from terrorist the others past lives repeating itself
Andrea O'Hanlon
Twisted Creations Home & Bath
Author
holsam_87
Currently Reading: The Unbound Soul
Bookshelf Size: 1691
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-holsam-87.html
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by holsam_87 »

bookowlie wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 20:02 Both books have a thriller element, but the tension and threat seems higher through the story in Escape. I found the plot more interesting in The Girl Who Knew da Vinci, but that's because I liked the art history tie-in. Both stories have international settings and a mix of themes.
That's good to know. I might consider reading Escape because books with a sense of tension are very interesting to me.
Samantha Holtsclaw

“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”

—J. K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
Latest Review: Herai by Aaron D Key
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

I have not read the other books but I like this book a lot. I love books that have a historical perspective as well. I guess the view on this will depend highly on an individual's genre preference.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

Bookmermaid wrote: 11 Jun 2018, 04:22 I have read Ami's The One and More: An Erotic Suspense novel. I found it a much smoother and easier read that this current text. As suggested by the title scenes of erotic sex unfolded from the beginning and the accompanying profane language was replete in such scenes. The Girl Who met Da Vinci has more of a convoluted style of writing with erotic scenes that are less graphic than The One and More.
If the subtitle is "An Erotic Suspense novel" I don't think I'd particularly enjoy it. There has been a lot of conversation about the extensive sexual interaction between Angela and Alex and a lot of readers don't seem to think those scenes were incredibly well written. Do you think the erotic scenes in the One and More were well written? Would you recommend the book?

Return to “Discuss "The Girl Who Knew da Vinci" by Belle Ami”