Who's Your Favorite Author?

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Bunnygirl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bunnygirl.html
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Re: Who's Your Favorite Author?

Post by Bunnygirl »

My favorite author is Beverly Lewis, Rhonda Dennis, and Steven King. Because their talent for making the characters leap off the page speaks for itself
nikkyteewhy
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Currently Reading: Dues
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nikkyteewhy.html
Latest Review: Gringo by Dan "Tito" Davis
fav_author_id: 3251

Post by nikkyteewhy »

James Patterson is my favorite author because I am intrigue with his crime series, which happens to be my favorite genre. He write very good young adult books too. I have to mention that J k Rowling's Harry Potter series, helped me on my journey to becoming a book lover.
kjs237
Currently Reading: Sleeping Beauties
Bookshelf Size: 231
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kjs237.html
Latest Review: Roadmap to the End of Days by Daniel Friedmann

Post by kjs237 »

I have several favorite authors including Christopher Moore, John Irving, Kurt Vonnegut and George R.R. Martin. But my hands down favorite of all is Stephen King. I haven't loved everything he's written but I can usually find something noteworthy in his work even if I was disappointed overall. 'Salem's Lot was the first of his that I read and I was hooked on page one. I eagerly await every new novel and I hope he keeps writing as long as he is able.
tummi-
Currently Reading: Trip to Adele
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by tummi- »

My favorite authors are
Stephen King
Lynda La Plante
Danielle Steel
Jackie Collins
Mary Higgins Clark

To make my day give me a book from one of them. I'm open to reading different books from different authors but in my book shelve you will find more book from the above authors. Stephen King is one of the horror writers I have read. His book are so gripping and I would not recommend them for the light hearted. He is my favorite of all times.
sthe01
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by sthe01 »

I would say that one of my most favorite authors are Ted Dekker and Jus Accardo. Ted Dekker writes some really good books that keep you on your toes and desperate to read more. I also started reading the Denizen series by Jus Accardo and this is my favorite series ever.
CinWin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 311
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cinwin.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by CinWin »

I love a variety of authors but if I have to choose only one I believe it would have to be Stephen King. I have read all of his books and every time I do I end up craving more. He has a way of writing that is just so real that it makes you feel like you are sitting right there next to his characters shooting the breeze with them. King also is famous for his totally unexpected and bizarre endings. He also incorporates characters in his books into his other books which make it quite interesting.
Mr King, may you write forever!
----"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get."----
SereneCharles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles »

Favourite author: Danielle Steel. Her book characters are so alive it seems you are watching her movie. Her books are very captivating too, so much that I don't keep them down until I'm done reading them.
Melissa Bharath
Favorite Book: One Night of Sin
Currently Reading: Melanie's Evanescent Journey
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Melissa Bharath »

Most of the books I read are Erotic/Romance and Theses are the best authors as follows:-

Elle Kennedy
Sylvia Day
Nicole Edwards
Melody Anne
Rachel Van Dyken
Kelly Elliott
R.L. Mathewson
Jessica Sorensen
Emily Snow
K. Bromberg
VI Keeland
Kristen Proby
Nashoda Rose
Abuhuraira Jajja

Post by Abuhuraira Jajja »

My favorite is Stephen King Edwin because he writes interesting horrors
Serena_Thompson

Post by Serena_Thompson »

My favorite author is Colleen Hoover because she writes so artistically and it is easy for me to engage, be responsive, and be drawn in with her characters. Her novels appeal to me and my sense of romance, and my favorite book of hers is called Confess, which I highly recommend to anyone who loves romance with a little bit of heartbreak.
elizab8
Currently Reading: Blood and Roses
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizab8.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by elizab8 »

I must say my favorite author is James Patterson, John Locke, Gary Stull and quite a few more. Have to go to my files, to catch up with the names of the others. And today I have added JM Sutherland, for "Freedom of the Birds".
UDOCHI

Post by UDOCHI »

I love Dan Brown for his book 'Digital Fortress' he is such an exceptional writer
Sarah Long
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-long.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Sarah Long »

Oof! Asking a bookworm their favorite author is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. The few prominent ones(always subjected to change) are currently Patricia Briggs and her excellent sense of humor and grasp of character development, Jeanine Frost and her unique twist on the supernatural, a Lisa Kleypas and her portrayal of quirky intelligent women in Victorian England.
MandaKay13
Currently Reading:

Post by MandaKay13 »

Stephen King got me hooked after I read Bruma Key and then Cell they were both amazing. That man sure has a way with the written word.
She-one

Post by She-one »

Well...my favourite author is Sydney Sheldon.....His books are full of suspense, thrill,...His theme covers many topic.....His writing is very easy to understand....one can feel the emotions while reading the book...His books are one of a kind..

Return to “Discuss Authors”