Becoming familiar with the Online Book Club platform

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

crediblereading2
Currently Reading: Bitroux
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-crediblereading2.html
Latest Review: SSN Seadragon by J P Ronald

Becoming familiar with the Online Book Club platform

Post by crediblereading2 »

Hi Scott,

I am fairly new to Online Book Club and it has taken me sometime to become familiar with the platform. I am suggesting that the club could make a video, youtube or otherwise, that shows newcomers how to navigate around the platform.

I believe it would assist in attracting a lot of newcomers to the club.

Best regards.
Crediblereading2
lbhatters
Favorite Book: Life is Too Short to Waste and Do Nothing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lbhatters.html
Latest Review: Life is to Short to Waste and do Nothing by Gracie Curry Holman
Reading Device: B077WTB2LY

Post by lbhatters »

crediblereading2 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 19:48 Hi Scott,

I am fairly new to Online Book Club and it has taken me sometime to become familiar with the platform. I am suggesting that the club could make a video, youtube or otherwise, that shows newcomers how to navigate around the platform.

Best regards.
Crediblereading2
Cool idea!

:happy-smileyinthebox: :happy-smileyinthebox: :happy-smileyinthebox:
:techie-studyinggray: Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.
-Fransis of Assisi

It's perfectly ok to write garbage, as long as you edit brilliantly.
-C.J. Cherryh
Stormy76
Currently Reading: Ignite
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Stormy76 »

I think that is great idea.
AmySmiles
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Dana Peters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amysmiles.html
Latest Review: Sex Education for Adults Secrets to Amazing Sex and Happily Ever After Too by John Wilder
fav_author_id: 154082

Post by AmySmiles »

I think this is a great idea too. I feel that the guidelines page is good, but there is so much information that it takes awhile to learn what you are supposed to be doing.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book.
–Author Unknown
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

There is a lot of confusion about where reviews get posted. I think some tutorial videos would be very helpful.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

kfwilson6 wrote: 02 May 2018, 09:04 There is a lot of confusion about where reviews get posted. I think some tutorial videos would be very helpful.
They get posted in the Private Review Team Forum. It says that in the guidelines and under the update tab on each Reviewer's Review Team Page.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane

Post by kfwilson6 »

CatInTheHat wrote: 02 May 2018, 15:24
kfwilson6 wrote: 02 May 2018, 09:04 There is a lot of confusion about where reviews get posted. I think some tutorial videos would be very helpful.
They get posted in the Private Review Team Forum. It says that in the guidelines and under the update tab on each Reviewer's Review Team Page.
Well I do know that. What I meant was, other people are obviously confused given the number of reviews that get posted in the support forum.
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

Once you get used to the site it seems easy, but at the beginning, it is confusing, even with all the guidelines. I'm glad people took time in the forums to help me.
Ana_Saints
Favorite Book: The Different Kinds Of Monsters
Currently Reading: How to Dance with the Universe
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ana-saints.html
Latest Review: The Different Kinds Of Monsters by Seth Chambers

Post by Ana_Saints »

crediblereading2 wrote: 27 Mar 2018, 19:48 Hi Scott,

Best regards.
Crediblereading2

Yes, I totally agree. Also, it would be so much easier if some of the features of the website will be emphasized for I believe that the website is quite confusing if you're just really starting.
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

I also think that the site is a bit difficult to navigate unless you take the time to really sit down and carefully read all instructions and guidelines. I saw that the site has a You Tube channel, it would be great to have more guidelines there about the site.
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Publishing Contest Votes: 0

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

faceadventure wrote: 10 May 2018, 16:39 I also think that the site is a bit difficult to navigate unless you take the time to really sit down and carefully read all instructions and guidelines. I saw that the site has a You Tube channel, it would be great to have more guidelines there about the site.
Don't you think it's a reasonable expectation that one would take the time to "carefully read all instructions and guidelines?" I'm not opposed to other means, but reading is fundamental for this one.
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
faceadventure
Currently Reading: Randy Love...at your service
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faceadventure.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by faceadventure »

CatInTheHat wrote: 11 May 2018, 12:48
faceadventure wrote: 10 May 2018, 16:39 I also think that the site is a bit difficult to navigate unless you take the time to really sit down and carefully read all instructions and guidelines. I saw that the site has a You Tube channel, it would be great to have more guidelines there about the site.
Don't you think it's a reasonable expectation that one would take the time to "carefully read all instructions and guidelines?" I'm not opposed to other means, but reading is fundamental for this one.
Yeah but it's a busy world you know. Who has the time or patience to read instructions for a website in the 21st century. I think our technology is advanced enough to have websites that are easy to navigate to everyone. I mean I'm not critisizing the creators I'm just justifying my reasons for wanting easy tutorials for the site.
Tukool
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Tukool »

That's excellent idea.
sis_riehle
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sis-riehle.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by sis_riehle »

Another idea would maybe do a facebook live event where people can go on Facebook watch a breakdown of how to navigate the site, helpful tips, and answer any questions. By doing it live question from observers could be answered right then and there, and people could go back to watch it later to see questions people asked already. It can be done fairly often to if necessary, plus you just send out a notice for the live feed and at what time it will be happening. More personal and interactive.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I feel like that is a great idea too! When I first joined it was hard to figure out where to go. I've been here about 2 months and I finally feel like I know where everything is but it took about that long before I finally learned everything.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”