Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
mrkhrrn
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reading Device: B00L89V1AA

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by mrkhrrn »

I think that the best part of reading is often the heft and feel of the book. This is obviously enjoyed only with the paper book. There is just something very satisfying about it. Much can also be said about the ability to look at what you are reading and to instantly see how much you have read and how much remains to be enjoyed. Don't get me wrong, I love the convenience of the ebook, but it is not the same.
Hannah Mo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannah-mo.html
Latest Review: A Kingdom Forgotten by Charles W. McDonald Jr.
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Hannah Mo »

I personally enjoy ereaders due to the amount of books I can put on there and it is easier to carry and take on long road trips. However, the smell and feeling of books is so much better although often I can never afford to buy books so I just get the free ones on kindle.
Jpsych72

Post by Jpsych72 »

I agree with both these replies. I cant give up my real collection because of the smell and the feel. Real books with maps are my favorites and you can't get the same experience from an E book with a map. on the other hand, my eyes aren't what they used to be so E books are easier to read for me.
Jillpillbooknerd
Currently Reading: Apollo's Raven
Bookshelf Size: 1908
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jillpillbooknerd.html
Latest Review: One Way or Another by Mary J. Williams
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Jillpillbooknerd »

I definitely prefer physical books. But like others have said, when I travel my Kindle is the best. I can take thousands of books with me all in a small little compact item.
harps789

Post by harps789 »

I read eBooks now on my phone because it's convenient and you can just pick up where you left off easily. Every once in a while, I pick up a traditional book but it's few and far in between.
cear
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by cear »

I most certainly will go for Ebook, I find it easier than paperback, I can only carry one Ereader with thousands of books in my library. :lol:
dkugg

Post by dkugg »

This is the best option to grab knowledge about anything.
SereneCharles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-serenecharles.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley

Post by SereneCharles »

Both. Paper books because I love hard copies of books. I don't lose them easily. ebooks because I can easily read them anywhere and anytime. But if a gun was put to my head, I'll let ebooks pass.
goshawk
Currently Reading: Solaris Seethes
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK

Post by goshawk »

I like being flexible in this regard; I was certainly one of those people that abhorred the idea of ebooks replacing physical copies until I received my e-reader. I shake my fist at my younger self for lugging around thirty books in my bags "just in case I finished them"; could've saved myself a great deal of back pain were e-readers around then! My only issue (that was solved with the Paperwhite/Voyage), for a time, was the glare. I had to huddle myself into small corners so no bit of sun would bother me, aha!
dcoutu1
Currently Reading: Interview with the Vampire
Bookshelf Size: 1790
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dcoutu1.html
Latest Review: Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole

Post by dcoutu1 »

Paper book all the way! :techie-reference: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyinggray: I have an e-reader that I use at night when my batteries die in my flashlight so I can't read my paper book :D I just love the feel of actually turning a page and the smell of books! Also I am just not tech savvy and it takes me forever how to remember to to download books on my paperwhite :roll: ( That I so loving call my paper weight).
chipmunck
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipmunck.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by chipmunck »

I personally have fallen in love with my e-reader. I find it easier to use and lay in many different positions in bed or on my chair. I also find it less damaging when I take it into the bathtub. I still enjoy reading a paper book from time to time if it is my only option but find it more difficult to keep the book open and lay on my side. I have to lift my arm up and leave it there opening the book. I especially like e readers for bigger books that take a lot of strength to hold up.
Adeos22
Currently Reading: Angels & Demons
Bookshelf Size: 58

Post by Adeos22 »

I prefer paperbacks, however ebooks is working for me at the moment.I come from uganda and over here ebooks and the internet is pretty much accessible as compared to paperbacks.
Fuzzy456
Currently Reading: The Spirit of Want
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fuzzy456.html
Latest Review: My Ladybird Story by Magus Tor
Reading Device: B00N9ZVN90

Post by Fuzzy456 »

I never thought I would enjoy an ereader but it’s so convenient to read on public transit and if I can get more reading time in, the happier I am !
gildemoe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by gildemoe »

I have been reading paper books all my life. I love the feeling of a full bookshelf and it's so satisfying to look back and be able to physically see the stories I've read. However, I've run out of space on my bookshelf, so I've been using ebooks to get my reading fix. All in all? Paper books are the winner by far.
sthe01
Currently Reading: Chip’s World: Complex #31 and The Caretaker
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by sthe01 »

I prefer to have a physical copy of a book when I read, but i read a lot of e-books because it's sometimes just easier to read on your phone or tablet. Another reason some might like e-books is because it's a lot easier to find a book than online than to order it online or try finding it at a bookstore. :techie-studyinggray:

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”