Do you believe in exorcism or possessed?

Discuss the April 2017 Book of the Month, Raven's Peak by Lincoln Cole.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Sakilunamermaid
Currently Reading: Ready Player One
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Re: Do you believe in exorcism or possessed?

Post by Sakilunamermaid »

I say that it is absolutely not alright to test otherworldly or unknown forces. Possession is a very real possibility and looking into the history of churches and exorcisms is intense.
Ginge
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Ginge »

I believe that the answer lies within both the scientific realm and paranormal. People only use 10% of their brain and when it's damaged, other parts of the brain may try and compensate and may trigger something that is not of the world that most people see. This is what I have come up with after working with people with unique differences.
KRay93
Currently Reading: The Bourne Identity
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kray93.html
Latest Review: Non-Disclosure by George Dapra

Post by KRay93 »

If you believe in these things, you believe in the existence of the soul and life after death. It's not my case. I believe that they were misinterpreted situations, or whose facts were taken out of proportion. We shouldn't forget that this type of situations solidify the position and purpose of the church in our society. You have to come up with a way to attract believers to your church, right?
Vg345
Favorite Book: Raven's Peak
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vg345.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 2 by H.M. Irwing

Post by Vg345 »

I like it as a plot characteristic. I do not believe that it happens in real life.
Come on, though... any other spn fans here??
simplymica26
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-simplymica26.html
Latest Review: Devilish by Tricia Barr

Post by simplymica26 »

I do believe in demon and evil spirit. I also witnessed my schoolmate possessed but I don't know if someone do an exorcism. I haven't seen one and like others, I would like to see one to confirm
Mallory Porshnev
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Moloka'i
Bookshelf Size: 332
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pricklypurple.html
Latest Review: The Paradize Inn by Sheri O'Sullivan

Post by Mallory Porshnev »

I don't believe in demonic possession. I think we need to take responsibility for our actions and not blame evil deeds on supernatural sources.
Doug Jones
Currently Reading: Beyond Denial
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-doug-jones.html
Latest Review: The Crystilleries of Echoland by Dew Pellucid

Post by Doug Jones »

This is a tricky question to answer. On the one hand, I've never had any personal experience of any such phenomena myself, and am aware of many of the arguments made to logically explain how such ideas are irrational or misguided. On the other hand, I've heard believable eyewitness testimony from very intelligent people who have no apparent reason to fabricate their testimony. In summary, I'm doubtful of such phenomena, but am open-minded to the possibility. A fence-sitting position, I know, but it's my honest view.
Intuitive Catalyst
Favorite Book: The Road
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 230
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-intuitive-catalyst.html
Latest Review: The Vanished by Pejay Bradley

Post by Intuitive Catalyst »

There must be balance, as there is white so must there be black. I have witnessed with my own eyes and observed psychic surgery and such performed by shamans of many culture. I can therefore say for sure that see cannot logically explain the unseen.

The evil that men do are the dark, twisted, hurtful deeds that they think, hide and carry out in secret. That is what I call evil and it's all right here. Man-made. That is why we human beings respond to vibrations, feelings, gut instinct, intuition or whatever each calls it. It's our internal divining rod to guide us away or towards what serves us best. That's my best answer.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I don't believe in evil spirits and exorcism. I think in the past it was a very good way to explain complicated things to the common people in a simple way.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t believe in exorcism as portrayed in the movies. I DO believe that people can be possessed by demons. The cause someone who would normally be a very law-abiding and conscientious person to act in exceedingly evil ways. How else could you explain the evil that is present in our world.
Micheal Ukewuihe
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-micheal-ukewuihe.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Micheal Ukewuihe »

Yes I believe that people can be possessed and can be exorcised but not from experience though that would be hilarious.

Return to “Discuss "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole”