Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

This is the place for readers of poetry. Discuss poetry and literary art. You can also discuss music here, including lyrics. Also, you can discuss poets themselves, in addition to poetry.
wwood7273
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Who/What Is Your Biggest Inspiration When Writing Poetry?

Post by wwood7273 »

I write my own poems and i have been writing them for a long time. The inspiration i get is expressing how you feel that day or love God love and so on. :D
Helenepatt17

Post by Helenepatt17 »

I find that the people that caused me pain or the people that cured my pain are the best inspirations to me.
Ykeys
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ykeys »

My biggest inspirations always comes from my dreams, nightmares. I mostly write about things that ache and pain. Those are the only things that inspire me. I've never written a joyous poem. And even if I write maybe a love poem, it will always be a sad one.
Holly Phiefer

Post by Holly Phiefer »

My biggest inspiration for writing poetry is trying to describe my struggles. I write my best pieces when I'm most emotional.
Ykeys
Currently Reading: End of the Last Great Kingdom
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ykeys »

Great one Holly Phiefer. Things from the heart.
Knightigale17

Post by Knightigale17 »

Typically, my inspiration is when I reach a pretty deep valley with my emotions but there are a few of mine that aren't written as a to express my emotions.
R-Myra
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Keeper of Lost Things
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-r-myra.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing

Post by R-Myra »

DoubleSheBookworm wrote: 11 Mar 2017, 16:51 When I write poetry, I find that the things which cause me to be angry (i.e. sounds, politics, other people's behavior) cause me to create amazing pieces. When I write songs, I find that my family is my biggest inspiration there.
My first poem was dedicated to my mother. She was the inspiration for me.
-R
AlexAsh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by AlexAsh »

When I write poetry,I used to recalls the words of Jallal udeen Rumi
His poetry even his every word is seems to be purely utter from the heart ..and I always try to write those words which become source of inspiration for others .I want to write pure things not based on worldly things close to heart..and true love
MyRainbowStar

Post by MyRainbowStar »

The things that surround me, or generally I would say the state of heart. It inspires me to make pieces. It is a way of making mention what I may fail to tell someone.
Constance22

Post by Constance22 »

I love having a purpose in my pieces. Yes, emotions are introduced in just about every piece, but I try to make sure that's not my main source of inspiration. I like to use quotes from famous philosophers such as Alan Watts or Plato. The human mind is so amazing. It's complexity is what inspires me the most while writing. Deep meditation and dreams also bring about grand ideas. Even focusing on all five senses is perfect for inspirations or stages of life. Carl Jung was also another huge part of my wrtings because of his views on synchronicity.
JuliaKay
Currently Reading: The Black Witch
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-juliakay.html
Latest Review: I Am Not Gog by Matthew James Hunt

Post by JuliaKay »

My biggest inspiration when writing poetry is my experiences and pain as well as hopes and fears for the future.
“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies, said Jojen. The man who never reads lives only one.”
― George R.R. Martin, A Dance with Dragons
mmg

Post by mmg »

my biggest inspiration when writing poetry is my special someone. my first poem is about her and i dont think she appreciates it but what i like is, i can write what am i feeling.
Mely918
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mely918.html
Latest Review: I'm Going to Kill that Cat by F. Della Notte

Post by Mely918 »

I'm most inspired by either my immediate surroundings or any issues or thoughts that I have on my mind. I usually prefer writing those things in prose rather than poetry, but at times I find that the words have more meaning when written as a poem.
imSunshine
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-imsunshine.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by imSunshine »

experiences from everyday living inspires me to write poetry

Return to “Poetry & Music”