Forum Rules

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

jaylperry
Currently Reading: Final Notice
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jaylperry.html
Latest Review: The Polygrapher by Dohn Jagster (Pseudonym)

Re: Topic Creation Guidelines

Post by jaylperry »

So when I'm first auditioning to be a paid reviewer, I create a new topic in the private reviewer forum for my first trial book review. But after I'm approved, I need to make sure I'm posting each new review in the public forum under the topic that has already been established for a given book?
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

jaylperry wrote: 12 Jan 2018, 19:56 So when I'm first auditioning to be a paid reviewer, I create a new topic in the private reviewer forum for my first trial book review. But after I'm approved, I need to make sure I'm posting each new review in the public forum under the topic that has already been established for a given book?
No. All your reviews should be approved regardless their status. All official and volunteer reviews should be posted in the private reviewer forum. After they are approved by the editors, a mod will move them to the appropriate forum. Please read the info on your RT page, as it explains the process.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
ishaq yusuf
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by ishaq yusuf »

thanks bro this really help
ralmont1

Post by ralmont1 »

nice :o :o :o :o
JessNWheeler
Favorite Author: Ruth Rendell
Currently Reading: The Girl Next Door: A Novel
Bookshelf Size: 103
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessnwheeler.html
Latest Review: Growing Up in the Dragonfly Zone by Marlana DeMarco Hogan
Reading Device: B075QN8NDH
fav_author_id: 3998

Post by JessNWheeler »

These guidelines are helpful. I’m nervous to create a topic because I feel like it will already exist. I’ll do my best to search. Thanks!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars. - Oscar Wilde
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Post by Kibet Hillary »

Thanks for the guidelines. They are very helpful to ensure that there is order in here.
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
love_b00ks
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-love-b00ks.html
Latest Review: The Barnyard Buddies STOP for Peace by Julie Penshorn

Post by love_b00ks »

Thanks for this!
Amondi Oluoch
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amondi-oluoch.html
Latest Review: Lemoncella Cocktail by Rene Natan

Post by Amondi Oluoch »

Scott wrote: 12 Jan 2015, 04:02 Our awesome moderator team has come up with the following guidelines to help members understand the moderation policy.

Guidelines

• Before setting up a new topic always use the Search function first to check if the topic, or a very similar topic, already exists.

• If you want to submit a review of a book you have read, first check if another member has already set up a topic for that particular book and if there already is a topic open then post your review as a new post on that topic. Do not create a new topic as duplication makes it impossible for interested members who are following a particular book discussion & will mitigate against a lively discussion developing.

• If you are setting up a new topic for a particular book, having checked that one does not already exist, please keep in mind that one sentence does not constitute a review. A review must be your opinion of the book, what you liked or did not like, what you feel worked or failed to work and/or your opinion of character, plot, style etc.

• As the Home Page says this site is a “Book and Reading Discussion Forums for Readers” and while the site has a Community & Off Topic section nonetheless topics should have some relevance, however tangential, to the sites stated intention. So please do not set up topics that have absolutely nothing whatever to do with books or reading and that clearly should be posted on a totally different website or blog.

If you are new to the forum, please also familiarize yourself with our Strict Anti-Spam Rules. Make sure to adhere to those as well.
Hello, does this mean that if I'm doing a review either paid or voluntary and need to finish up by posting my review I have to do it under someone's else's review of the same book?
Please reply ASAP coz I'm stuck. Thanks in advance.
When it comes to directing the world to work with you, age doesn't matter, race doesn't matter, origin doesn't matter.
gali

Post by gali »

Amondi Oluoch wrote: 07 May 2018, 00:49
Scott wrote: 12 Jan 2015, 04:02 Our awesome moderator team has come up with the following guidelines to help members understand the moderation policy.

Guidelines

• Before setting up a new topic always use the Search function first to check if the topic, or a very similar topic, already exists.

• If you want to submit a review of a book you have read, first check if another member has already set up a topic for that particular book and if there already is a topic open then post your review as a new post on that topic. Do not create a new topic as duplication makes it impossible for interested members who are following a particular book discussion & will mitigate against a lively discussion developing.

• If you are setting up a new topic for a particular book, having checked that one does not already exist, please keep in mind that one sentence does not constitute a review. A review must be your opinion of the book, what you liked or did not like, what you feel worked or failed to work and/or your opinion of character, plot, style etc.

• As the Home Page says this site is a “Book and Reading Discussion Forums for Readers” and while the site has a Community & Off Topic section nonetheless topics should have some relevance, however tangential, to the sites stated intention. So please do not set up topics that have absolutely nothing whatever to do with books or reading and that clearly should be posted on a totally different website or blog.

If you are new to the forum, please also familiarize yourself with our Strict Anti-Spam Rules. Make sure to adhere to those as well.
Hello, does this mean that if I'm doing a review either paid or voluntary and need to finish up by posting my review I have to do it under someone's else's review of the same book?
Please reply ASAP coz I'm stuck. Thanks in advance.
No. Official or voluntary reviews are posted in the Private review Forum.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Rosebella
Favorite Author: J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison
Favorite Book: Queen takes Queen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosebella.html
Latest Review: The Dark Web Murders by Brian O'Hare
fav_author_id: 96867

Post by Rosebella »

Guidelines

Great guidelines. My question is what is your response time to an issue raised repeatedly either raised in contact form or suggestion box. I am waiting your personal response.thank you
Books are a uniquely portable magic.
–Stephen King

There is no friend as loyal as a book.
–Ernest Hemingway

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
–Mason Cooley
:tiphat: :techie-studyingbrown: :D
elliebelle2018

Post by elliebelle2018 »

thankyou
Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

The guidelines are great. Except that it is difficult to isolate all the Forums pertaining to the Book of the Day.

I didn't want to go through 20+ pages of Forum Topics, so I entered "Book of the Day" into the search bar. It returned zero results, stating that my search was to general. (It may have said too broad...lol)

I'm not looking for anything specific. I just wanted to see what was there. Any suggestions?
gali

Post by gali »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 17:11 The guidelines are great. Except that it is difficult to isolate all the Forums pertaining to the Book of the Day.

I didn't want to go through 20+ pages of Forum Topics, so I entered "Book of the Day" into the search bar. It returned zero results, stating that my search was to general. (It may have said too broad...lol)

I'm not looking for anything specific. I just wanted to see what was there. Any suggestions?
You can find a link to the BOTD in the Giveaway page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Mary WhiteFace
Favorite Book: Stranger in a Strange Land
Currently Reading: Elemental Magic
Bookshelf Size: 384
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-whiteface.html
Latest Review: Bravehorse Adventures by Louise Cleveland
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Mary WhiteFace »

gali wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 08:56
Tiny_Turtle wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 17:11 The guidelines are great. Except that it is difficult to isolate all the Forums pertaining to the Book of the Day.

It's not the BOTD itself I'm trying to find. It's not even a specific book. I guess I didn't ask my question properly. I was a little tired. 😌

What I'm trying to find is a BOTD list. Like the one we have for BOTM. Where we can see all the previous BOTDs, with links to their pages.
gali

Post by gali »

Tiny_Turtle wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 21:21
gali wrote: 13 Jun 2018, 08:56

It's not the BOTD itself I'm trying to find. It's not even a specific book. I guess I didn't ask my question properly. I was a little tired. 😌

What I'm trying to find is a BOTD list. Like the one we have for BOTM. Where we can see all the previous BOTDs, with links to their pages.
There isn't such a list. If you are in the First Ten Review Program, you can find the books in the History tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”