Dissaproved post... Where do I go?

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>
Currently Reading: Breaking Point
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-umm-zahra.html
Latest Review: And Then I Met Margaret by Rob White

Dissaproved post... Where do I go?

Post by Umm_Zahra »

I had a post on the daily giveaway diapproved on this forum because it wasn't related to any topic. It said I should click on some "further information." Please clarify this for me. Thanks
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Umm_Zahra wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 14:07 I had a post on the daily giveaway diapproved on this forum because it wasn't related to any topic. It said I should click on some "further information." Please clarify this for me. Thanks
You should click on what you were told to click.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Umm_Zahra
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 0686">From Drift to SHIFT</a>

Post by Umm_Zahra »

gali wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 14:32
Umm_Zahra wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 14:07 I had a post on the daily giveaway diapproved on this forum because it wasn't related to any topic. It said I should click on some "further information." Please clarify this for me. Thanks
I didn't see any option like that. That's what I am saying.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Umm_Zahra wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 14:38
gali wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 14:32
I didn't see any option like that. That's what I am saying.
Odd. In that case, you can ask your question via the Contact page.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
MarisaRose
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 665">Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban</a>
Currently Reading: The Family Upstairs
Bookshelf Size: 435
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marisarose.html
Latest Review: The Magic Shard by eelonqa K harris
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MarisaRose »

It's funny, for the first time ever I had my entry disqualified yesterday (and lost all my carry over entries) because my comment on the review wasn't specific enough to 'demonstrate that the book's description and OBC review was read.' Yet I see plenty of posts along the lines of "This seems like a great book for me to read. I think I’ll add this to me reading list. Great job on the review!" that were not disqualified from the raffle entry. It does not seem like the moderators really consider all posts equally.
Umm_Zahra

Post by Umm_Zahra »

MarisaRose wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 16:39 It's funny, for the first time ever I had my entry disqualified yesterday (and lost all my carry over entries) because my comment on the review wasn't specific enough to 'demonstrate that the book's description and OBC review was read.' Yet I see plenty of posts along the lines of "This seems like a great book for me to read. I think I’ll add this to me reading list. Great job on the review!" that were not disqualified from the raffle entry. It does not seem like the moderators really consider all posts equally.
Ohh! Sorry about that. I really can't say how the posts are considered overall.. But I have seen the posts on the OBC giveaway review you are talking about. I know I had my first entry disqualified today because my giveaway share link wasn't "found on my Twitter profile." And it was "irrevocable."
AbbyGNelson
Currently Reading: Heir to the Empire
Bookshelf Size: 839
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abbygnelson.html
Latest Review: Asa's Gift by Isaac Green

Post by AbbyGNelson »

I don't think it's fair that it's irrevocable. You should be able to prove that your twitter post exists and get your carryover entries back.
Umm_Zahra

Post by Umm_Zahra »

AbbyGNelson wrote: 06 Feb 2018, 10:32 I don't think it's fair that it's irrevocable. You should be able to prove that your twitter post exists and get your carryover entries back.
Right? I would like to believe they have a reason for the irrevocable stance. I started over. Thanks!
MsTri
Favorite Author: Miranda Ann Markley
Favorite Book: The Spirit Seeds Book 1
Currently Reading: the Secret of Safe Passage
Bookshelf Size: 1030
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mstri.html
Latest Review: Suddenly Free, Vol. 1 by Yvette Carmon Davis
Reading Device: B07HZHJGY7
fav_author_id: 225682

Post by MsTri »

Umm_Zahra wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 17:04
MarisaRose wrote: 30 Dec 2017, 16:39 It's funny, for the first time ever I had my entry disqualified yesterday (and lost all my carry over entries) because my comment on the review wasn't specific enough to 'demonstrate that the book's description and OBC review was read.' Yet I see plenty of posts along the lines of "This seems like a great book for me to read. I think I’ll add this to me reading list. Great job on the review!" that were not disqualified from the raffle entry. It does not seem like the moderators really consider all posts equally.
Ohh! Sorry about that. I really can't say how the posts are considered overall.. But I have seen the posts on the OBC giveaway review you are talking about. I know I had my first entry disqualified today because my giveaway share link wasn't "found on my Twitter profile." And it was "irrevocable."
This isn't totally "irrevocable". I too had an entry disqualified because the Mod couldn't locate my Twitter entry. I sent Scott a screenshot of my Twitter post and included my Twitter page url and he overturned the decision, thereby giving me ALL of my entries back. Next time, if you have proof, message Scott.
Umm_Zahra

Post by Umm_Zahra »

This isn't totally "irrevocable". I too had an entry disqualified because the Mod couldn't locate my Twitter entry. I sent Scott a screenshot of my Twitter post and included my Twitter page url and he overturned the decision, thereby giving me ALL of my entries back. Next time, if you have proof, message Scott.
[/quote]

Okay, Got it! Thank you.
Anngladys
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anngladys.html
Latest Review: Christ Without a Bride by Michael J. Ray

Post by Anngladys »

It's good to know that some decisions can be overturned, that's a relief! Thank you for shedding light on this.
Cyrus Michino
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cyrus-michino.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Cyrus Michino »

I was in such a situation and I nearly deactivated my account until I learnt that some decisions can be retracted.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”