How would a super-ability change your life?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
MATHERESARAMOS
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: How would a super-ability change your life?

Post by MATHERESARAMOS »

Super-ability will change anybody's life. Why because anyone with this capability, would be able to do everything that she or he wanted. Though nobody is perfect but having a family and a work is already a super ability. Nobody has the monopoly of knowledge everyone has their strengths and weaknesses as well. But if I were to have this super ability I would have shared this gift to people around me and make an important difference in their life. It would somehow help me in many ways and maybe could make all our lives better. Being knowledgeable in many fields is already an achievement.
Super-ability could create someones' life better or it could also make someones' life miserable especially if the gift is not used correctly to help people then the purpose of sharing the gift to others is depicted due to personal interest. But as I said, it could help anybody's life to become fruitful and meaningful if it is used in good ways.
riazziea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riazziea.html
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by riazziea »

I believe that everyone, at least once in their lives, have said " if only I had a superpower this would be much easier". Whether it be more arms, speed, time travel, you name it. But the real question is, what would happen when you finally had that power? Do you reveal it to everyone? Do you keep your power and identity a secret? Would you choose to do good, bad, or selfish things? No one can really know the answer without actually experiencing it. You hear all these superhero stories where their whole lives get turned upside down all because of a power. I personally don't want my whole life to change. Would you? How much would you have to give up? It is a big decision that I don't think anyone is really ready for.
Latest Review: "End of the Last Great Kingdom (The Brimstone Chronicles Book 1)" by Victor Rose
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

I think it'd offer a great change in my life in a good way! I don't think I'd ever feel lonely due to my new found abilities if anything I'd revel in it. I would stay true to my circle of friends and family also I would definitely embrace the new responsibilities that come with enhanced abilities.
David_92
Currently Reading: Ronaldo: Rudi's Birthday Extravaganza
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-92.html
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White

Post by David_92 »

Super ability will not change my life because I have already changed my life by choosing positive over negative thinking , being happy when i have reasons to be sad . I have changed what I can and left what I cant change . Super ability will be more of a luxury to me.
Latest Review: "And Then I Met Margaret" by Rob White
Paul78
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 38572">Who Told You That You Were Naked?</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul78.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Paul78 »

When I look at what the superabilities are used for here, I realize that they started by harming criminals and even used for revenge.
The last time they are used, innocent people are affected in a bad way.
Superabilities can only be used to benefit the people. Unfortunately the temptations to use them for revenge can overwhelm especially when one has been emotionally drained.
An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.
Benjamin Franklin
Insightsintobooks729
Currently Reading: Meet your soul
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-insightsintobooks729.html
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by Insightsintobooks729 »

If I had a superpower I think I would like the ability to teleport as I would like to use it to travel. Although, I'm not sure what I'd do if I traveled to a foreign country.
"I cannot live without Books" - Thomas Jefferson
Latest Review: "Discovering My Life's Purpose: From Tragedy to Triumph" by Bridgid Ruden
c2clark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c2clark.html
Latest Review: "30th Century: Escape" by Mark Kingston Levin
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by c2clark »

Insightsintobooks729 wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 15:29 If I had a superpower I think I would like the ability to teleport as I would like to use it to travel. Although, I'm not sure what I'd do if I traveled to a foreign country.
I was thinking teleportation too, but, would there be a limit to how far you can teleport? Do you have to know where you are teleporting to (a picture)? How much energy does it use to travel from one place to another? I would think it would be an ability just like any other, strength, eye sight, stamina. Eventually you would get tired and need to rest, no?
c2clark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 179
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-c2clark.html
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by c2clark »

Gravy wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 06:06 I doubt it would change much, just because I would keep it to myself. It would probably be beneficial, but I would also be careful about the ways I used it.
What ability did you have in mind? Some abilities can fly under the radar more than others, I would assume any ability would have side effects as well? Just like with super strength, you would have to be cautious of the breakable items and people around you.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

c2clark wrote: 18 Dec 2017, 15:42
Gravy wrote: 19 Jun 2017, 06:06 I doubt it would change much, just because I would keep it to myself. It would probably be beneficial, but I would also be careful about the ways I used it.
What ability did you have in mind? Some abilities can fly under the radar more than others, I would assume any ability would have side effects as well? Just like with super strength, you would have to be cautious of the breakable items and people around you.
Different things at different times. :)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
NL Hartje
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Kushiel's Dart
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nl-hartje.html
Latest Review: Looking forward as the Journey continues by George Mills

Post by NL Hartje »

Oh I totally think I would choose a super-ability if I could.

I love new experiences too much to turn something like that down. My only reservation, however, would be making certain my husband shared the ability, or something similar. I feel that something so big would be too polarizing in a relationship. How could you stand on equal ground if one was a super and the other wasn't?

For me, either we would both need the ability, or neither of us.
“So the writer who breeds more words than he needs, is making a chore for the reader who reads.”
-Dr. Seuss
mamalui
Favorite Book: Trip to Adele
Currently Reading: Split Adam
Bookshelf Size: 198
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mamalui.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by mamalui »

Yes I would choose to have a super power but before I would use it, I would first practise self control because with great power comes great responsibility. And I believe I would achieve a lot which I haven't been able to so far.
No idea is a bad idea.

Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 213
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Misael Carlos »

Teleporting will make someone better in all the aspects of his life. Imagine not being late in any important events in his life: work, attending birthdays, weddings and other events, and spend quality time with his family. Now, is it not a winner?
BriennaiJ
Currently Reading: Island Games
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briennaij.html
Latest Review: If Life Stinks, Get Your Head Outta Your But's by Mark L. Wdowiak

Post by BriennaiJ »

It depends on the power. Some powers, such as the power to kill or cause pain with a touch, would only be able to be used for evil or for constantly fighting evil. I think I would hate myself for causing pain to the people around me and for being unable to control myself. However, if it was a superpower for teleportation, I would definitely take advantage of that to travel to different countries for free!
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I think I would keep my job. I love what I do. In terms of being loanly, I ironicly did some deep thinking on this yesterday. Sometimes, I feel like there's a planet out there with fairy dances and flying horses, and I got dropped on the wrong rock. So, having a power might actually make me feel connected in ways I can't imagine right now. I'd keep my friends, but I wouldn't hesitate to explore whatever power I had.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Chapo2018
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Chapo2018 »

Super ability : what everyone wished for as a kid growing up. I always wanted to be super strong or to run fast like flash but now all I want is knowledge. Knowledge is power. I wish I knew what to do when I come to any obstacle in life a better judgment in any problems I have then I would spread that knowledge because like I said "Knowledge is power"

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”