Official Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nadinetimes10.html
Latest Review: Joletta’s Dreams by Karen Craker Forester

Re: Official Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt

Post by NadineTimes10 »

juliusotinyo wrote:Very well written review, I've been ignoring this book but your piece has convinced me otherwise.
Oh, wow. :D Glad to hear it, and thank you kindly.
duatibashir
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 92041">Can I Be Frank?</a>
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by duatibashir »

I read this book and I could not help rolling down with laughter. The book is well written and clearly exposes the meanness of human beings,the hypocrisies of men and our internal wickedness which we tend to hind within us. All this has been done in a very humorous way . Once you read this book ,I bet you will read it again and again.
NadineTimes10
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3844">John Nielson Had a Daughter</a>
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

duatibashir wrote:I read this book and I could not help rolling down with laughter. The book is well written and clearly exposes the meanness of human beings,the hypocrisies of men and our internal wickedness which we tend to hind within us. All this has been done in a very humorous way . Once you read this book ,I bet you will read it again and again.
Yes--there were moments when I had to put the book down for a minute. I was laughing too hard to keep reading! :D
KlareAllison
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 238
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-klareallison.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel

Post by KlareAllison »

Great narrative, very detailed. Intertwining serious matters with humour generally holds my attention. Will read this book.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E. Tavel
Abigail Oj
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abigail-oj.html
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Abigail Oj »

Okay,.The story line sounds a bit serious but I think the fact that an amount of humour is included. would make the book quite enjoyable..I think i might read this
Latest Review: "My trip to Adele" by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer
A_Jude
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by A_Jude »

This book is as frank as "frank" can be. Humorous with a timely and relevant message that keep its reader well engaged. Great stuff.
lakien24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakien24.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by lakien24 »

Nice review, now I am going to read the book ASAP
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

Nadine,
Good review! I noticed the commas in the Scripture references, but I don't think I mentioned them in my review (posted March 21). You were more thorough in your description and review of the book than I was. I have a hard time reviewing without divulging too much of the actual story.
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

THarveyReadALot wrote: 25 Mar 2019, 18:38 Nadine,
Good review! I noticed the commas in the Scripture references, but I don't think I mentioned them in my review (posted March 21). You were more thorough in your description and review of the book than I was. I have a hard time reviewing without divulging too much of the actual story.
Aw, thanks! :) As with pretty much anything, I think a lot about book reviewing comes with practice and instinct. I've written somewhere around 500 book reviews since I started reviewing regularly about 5 years ago, and not all my reviews are the same. I also cringe at some of my reviews from years ago. :doh:

It's an extra challenge to work within the review guidelines here, and I often wish the word count could be more around 250 or 300, as it can indeed be difficult to come up with that much to say about some books without giving too much away (fiction) or rehashing stuff the author wrote (nonfiction.) :D

But I take notes on everything that comes to mind as I read. And in my reviews these days, I try to focus more on the author's style and techniques, the book's literary strengths and weaknesses, etc. rather than saying much about what specifically happens in the story. If a book's description on Amazon or Goodreads is decently written, I'll often make sure I don't give away plot details in my review that the author/publisher doesn't give away in their blurb.

Oh--and I'm more formal and less personal in my reviews here than in my reviews elsewhere, since OBC reviews are official. :tiphat:
THarveyReadALot
Currently Reading: Special Deliveries
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tharveyreadalot.html
Latest Review: A Police Action by A. A. Freda
Reading Device: B07G92J7J3

Post by THarveyReadALot »

Thanks for your reply and tips. I do need to improve my writing overall. :)
Josephe-Anne
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: George Orwell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josephe-anne.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White
fav_author_id: 1746

Post by Josephe-Anne »

Great review! :D
I like how you described the author's writing style as Frank narrates his own adventures. It's great when a book has a mixture of humour and heart.
"A house without books is like a room without windows." :techie-studyinggray:
― Horace Mann
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

It is my favorite book up till now, I was skeptical at first because I thought it would portray the Catholic faith wrongly, but I am glad I read the book. It was so beautiful. The beauty of your review matches that of the book, great review.
Fabian
NadineTimes10
Currently Reading:

Post by NadineTimes10 »

FABIAN_BATS wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 18:28 It is my favorite book up till now, I was skeptical at first because I thought it would portray the Catholic faith wrongly, but I am glad I read the book. It was so beautiful. The beauty of your review matches that of the book, great review.
Thank you, and yes, it's one of the top books I've read here! I was excited when I found the sequel afterwards, Blooming Rose. :)
FABIAN_BATS
Favorite Book: Can I Be Frank?
Currently Reading: Witnesses to The Crucifixion
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fabian-bats.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B07ZT3ZMJ7

Post by FABIAN_BATS »

NadineTimes10 wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 18:39
FABIAN_BATS wrote: 21 Apr 2020, 18:28 It is my favorite book up till now, I was skeptical at first because I thought it would portray the Catholic faith wrongly, but I am glad I read the book. It was so beautiful. The beauty of your review matches that of the book, great review.
Thank you, and yes, it's one of the top books I've read here! I was excited when I found the sequel afterwards, Blooming Rose. :)
There is a sequel? Thank you so much. I must read it!
Fabian
ANSHIKA NAVIN
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anshika-navin.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by ANSHIKA NAVIN »

It sounds like a fun book from your review. I don't usually like books that are too humourous but I am curious to know that how the author has combined the elements of humour, corruption and criminal activities together.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”