Do you believe in destiny?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Aimy
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aimy.html
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon

Re: Do you believe in destiny?

Post by Aimy »

Yes, I do. Chomsky says that language is hardwired into our brains. I believe that we are programmed to do what we are destined to do. It's complicated, because along with destiny, we are also gifted with decision-making power and conscience to choose the right path and do the right thing.
Latest Review: "Puffy and the Formidable Foe" by Marie Lepkowski and Ann Marie Hannon
Anene Uche
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Anene Uche »

I do believe in destiny but destiny is not born with anyone, we weave our destiny either in this live or in our previous life. We do what we want to do by our own free will. we go where we want to go and decide what we want to do in life either occupation or otherwise
Honey Joy

Post by Honey Joy »

We create our own destiny so i don't believe such thing exist. But we are all fated to meet different people in our life for whatever God's reason either to teach us a lesson or to encourage us to do more of the good things we have done. Like for instance, if we are destined to be poor, we ourselves should find ways not to get stuck in such unfortunate circumstance so we have to find ways to survive. Therefore, we are in charge of our own life and does not need destiny to control us.
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

To he honest, I don't know. I want to believe in destiny, but I also believe that things change depending on our decisions. I think there are different ways situations can turn out, depending on what you decide to do, and those decisions are what shape our destiny.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
sashakoby
Currently Reading: The Lost Symbol
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sashakoby.html
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer

Post by sashakoby »

Destiny is something I kind of strongly believe in. I think that everyone has their own path but I also believe that everyone creates their own destiny. there has to be a little bit of faith that somethings are meant to be but also the drive to make something happen.
Latest Review: "My Trip to Adele" by A.I.Alyaseer, R.I.Alyaseer
Manali_DC
Currently Reading: A Little Life
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manali-dc.html
Latest Review: Flat Top Mountain Ranch -- the beginning by James E Doucette

Post by Manali_DC »

I believe in destiny!! But I don't think of it as an unchangeable prefixed end we must all come to. I think of it as more dynamic and that your actions and karma today influence what your tomorrow could be.
valamerr

Post by valamerr »

I believe in destiny & most of all if it is driven by passion. Passion can definitely lead us to our destiny, passion somehow makes us focus...focus...focus & at the end of it all reach our destiny!
Philip Nketia

Post by Philip Nketia »

l believe everyone has a good destiny. We also have a part to play to ensure that we achieve that purpose. This is because, everything that were created is perfectly good. But since everyone has his or her will, the decision we make can affect our destiny
Kinnera
Currently Reading: Escape
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kinnera.html
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin

Post by Kinnera »

I believe in destiny to a certain extent. I believe some things are predefined in the sense that they can be considered logic. Then there are choices that we make that affect us. Then there are choices made by others that indirectly become a part of our lives. I think I might believe more in the Butterfly effect sort of destiny.
Latest Review: "A Faithful Son" by Michael Scott Garvin
Harrygx3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harrygx3.html
Latest Review: Tulip by Raymond Reed Hardy

Post by Harrygx3 »

I believe we make our own destiny. Even though we may have the best intentions we must be careful of our actions or inactions because those define the outcome. If everything was written in stone there wouldnt be any artist in the world or any progress whatsoever, the whole universe would be a dull place.
Vallen Kale
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vallen-kale.html
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch

Post by Vallen Kale »

I do believe in destiny. But for me, it is not something preordained. We forge our own destiny. It happens because we make it happen by choosing our own path and making our own choices.

It is actually quite funny for my case because I'm not sure what my destiny is. I have been living a life of making the decisions for the things that are right in front of me and I haven't been looking far ahead into the future much. I'm not sure what my choices will lead me to though.
Latest Review: "Keys to Tetouan" by Mois Benarroch
living
Currently Reading: King's Warrior
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by living »

very well, Destiny i believe can not be created by man it is a divine gift from our creator so we could use it to help our selves and to solve the world problems....but severally have we failed to discover ours but study other persons destiny there by not being perfect because it's not yours and the inspiration is not there to help.. and that is why there is unemployment every where...if we wake up to boldness we can make it..
ritah
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 03345">The Darziods' Stone</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 184
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ritah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by ritah »

No, I do not believe in destiny. life just happens. Is what I think. We have control on somethings but not others. Life therefore is what you make of it.
Abfaniki
Currently Reading: Arturo Riojas
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abfaniki.html
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole

Post by Abfaniki »

I believe in destiny. but i also believe their is a limit to destiny. i said this because simply we are God in our on right.

-- 16 Jul 2017, 07:40 --

yes i do believe in destiny. but i also believe that their is an exception to any rule. so while other my have their destiny written for them, other have to write theirs. :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown: :techie-studyingbrown:

-- 16 Jul 2017, 07:43 --
ritah wrote:No, I do not believe in destiny. life just happens. Is what I think. We have control on somethings but not others. Life therefore is what you make of it.
almost there.
Latest Review: "Raven's Peak" by Lincoln Cole
DDunstock
Currently Reading: Casimir Bridge
Bookshelf Size: 281
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ddunstock.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by DDunstock »

So cool to read all of these responses. This question reminds me of the movie Only You with Marissa Tomei and Robert Downey Jr. If you haven't seen it - you should.

Anyhow, yes - I do believe in destiny. I switch in and out of believing in destiny/free will, but always go back to the somewhat soothing idea that everything is planner and I'm just on a pre-determined path. I find it comforting.

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”