What do you think will happen in Superhighway 2?

Discuss the June 2017 Book of the Month, Superhighway by Alex Fayman. Superhighway is the first book in the Superhighway Trilogy, so feel free to use this forum to discuss not only the first book but also the other books in the series.

View Superhighway on Bookshelves
Amagine
Favorite Author: James Patterson
Bookshelf Size: 721
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amagine.html
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 3251

What do you think will happen in Superhighway 2?

Post by Amagine »

If you read the first book, there was kind of a cliffhanger and lots of unanswered questions about our main character, his ability and his biological family.

So whether you read or planning on reading the second book or not, I want your opinion. What do you think will happen in book 2? What do you want to see happen?
"Piglet noticed that even though he had a very small heart, it could hold a rather large amount of gratitude." -A.A Milne

"I am grateful for all the books that sparked my imagination." -Unknown
Latest Review: "Salome and Gogo visit Soweto" by Cora Groenewald
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html
Latest Review: "America, It Was Just An Idea" by Dr. Rayna M. Gangi

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I am not really sure but I want an ending of Superhighway 2 which is compelling so that I will be obliged to read the last book. I want to be engaged in new mysteries in this second book.
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I want to see what others have to say about this. I didn't even finish the first one, but I'm curious as to what else the author will try to include in the sequel.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Heidi M Simone
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

I think the gangsters will chase after Alex, but the CIA will intercept and capture Alex. Then, he will be forced to work for the CIA on certain projects in return for safety from the gangsters. They will probably end up studying Alex and how the whole traveling digitally works. Also, I bet Eva comes back into the picture somehow and learns the truth about Alex's abilities, but still will not go back with him because of what he did and the danger she will be in.
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
Donnavila Marie01
Currently Reading: the one
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-donnavila-marie01.html

Post by Donnavila Marie01 »

I would like an ending that reveals the findings of the scientists about the mystery of his brain because the book opens with Alex's narration that hundreds of scientists from all over the world are navigating his brain.
cherrykarl
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 39">Broken Prince</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 664
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cherrykarl.html

Post by cherrykarl »

This is such a roller coaster ride of emotions!
Peculiar. Unique. Extraordinairé | Philippians 4:13
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

hsimone wrote:I think the gangsters will chase after Alex, but the CIA will intercept and capture Alex. Then, he will be forced to work for the CIA on certain projects in return for safety from the gangsters. They will probably end up studying Alex and how the whole traveling digitally works. Also, I bet Eva comes back into the picture somehow and learns the truth about Alex's abilities, but still will not go back with him because of what he did and the danger she will be in.
Good answer! I think the same. :)
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Biodun
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Biodun »

I have not read the previous one in fact I have been battling with the site on how to read it after I had it to my shelf
MrsCatInTheHat
Favorite Book: Cry the Beloved Country
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 376
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mrscatinthehat.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by MrsCatInTheHat »

I think Alex will find that his father is not really dead. They never did find his body ;) It's going to take him a while to get in the right relationship. In the end, I think he will "win" over the bad guys.

-- 10 Jun 2017, 19:06 --
Life without a good book is something MrsCatInTheHat cannot imagine.
gali
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Biodun wrote:I have not read the previous one in fact I have been battling with the site on how to read it after I had it to my shelf
You can't read the books on the shelf, as they are just for show. You will have to buy the book or review it via the RT page in order to read it.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Heidi M Simone
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: Beyond the Wand
Bookshelf Size: 556
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-heidi-m-simone.html
Latest Review: Lugares Amables by Lidice Megla
Publishing Contest Votes: 27
fav_author_id: 0

Post by Heidi M Simone »

gali wrote:
hsimone wrote:I think the gangsters will chase after Alex, but the CIA will intercept and capture Alex. Then, he will be forced to work for the CIA on certain projects in return for safety from the gangsters. They will probably end up studying Alex and how the whole traveling digitally works. Also, I bet Eva comes back into the picture somehow and learns the truth about Alex's abilities, but still will not go back with him because of what he did and the danger she will be in.
Good answer! I think the same. :)
Thank you, gali! :)
Heidi

"There is nothing as powerful as a mother’s love, and nothing as healing as a child’s soul." – Unknown
binnaomi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by binnaomi »

fate is always destined to occur no matter what one can do to avoid
kfwilson6
Currently Reading: Lord of Chaos
Bookshelf Size: 298
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kfwilson6.html
Latest Review: The Stone Wall Crossing by Alice Schellhorn Magrane
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by kfwilson6 »

CatInTheHat wrote: 10 Jun 2017, 18:01 I think Alex will find that his father is not really dead. They never did find his body ;) It's going to take him a while to get in the right relationship. In the end, I think he will "win" over the bad guys.

-- 10 Jun 2017, 19:06 --
Fayman really left that possibility wide open when he said Mr. Knox's body was never found, so I completely agree about this. I think the CIA is going to catch Alex when he is traveling through the internet and Mr. Knox is going to have to save him.

I think he is going to develop a relationship with Nicky, as she is the only female who can relate to his ability and Fayman left that relationship open at the end when Alex found out Nicky wasn't as indifferent toward him as he originally thought.

I enjoyed the first book so I do intend to read the second and find out if any of my predictions are on point.
desantismt_17
Currently Reading: When Angels Play Poker
Bookshelf Size: 1313
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-desantismt-17.html
Latest Review: Sasquatch Did It! by Patricia Komar

Post by desantismt_17 »

I'd love to think Alex will do some growing up and get his life on track. Not sure if it will happen, but the situation on which book one ends might be motivation enough for him. I see some time going toward Alex tracking down whatever he can about his family. I also see a revenge plot, which rarely ends well.
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Mindy Conahye
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mindy-conahye.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Mindy Conahye »

I haven't read the second or third books, but I'm hoping there is suspense in them that makes me want to keep turning the page. I want to see Alex make better decisions in the second book and come out on top with everything he's done so far. I want the bad guys to lose and for Alex to be able to do a lot of good in what he started.
Mac :techie-reference:

Return to “Discuss "Superhighway" by Alex Fayman”