2017 Reading Challenge

Looking for some exciting reading challenges? Look no further. Here will have all kind of fun challenges.
Jessica Samuelsen
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-samuelsen.html
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Re: 2017 Reading Challenge

Post by Jessica Samuelsen »

I'm going to set mine at 100. I was going to go much higher but I am not reading as much this year as I usually do.
Latest Review: "Raquel Says (Something Entirely Unexpected)" by Mois benarroch
Scerakor
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 315
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-scerakor.html
Latest Review: Gaslighting & Narcissistic Abuse Recovery: by Don Barlow

Post by Scerakor »

Over the last few years I have been aiming for 52: one book per week. Usually I end up going past this goal but I realise that setting a "book-number" goal tends to make me default to reading shorter books rather than some of the longer ones on my TBR list. How about a page-count challenge from now on?
alwaysdaddygirl
Currently Reading: The Alienation of Courtney Hoffman
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alwaysdaddygirl.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B01DAJTINW

Post by alwaysdaddygirl »

I am at 74/100. 74 are the books read. 100 is the goals of books to read for the year. This is information according to Goodreads.

?
"Death ends a life, not a relationship."
Mitch Albom
🦋
Cherlyn Lee
Currently Reading: The Diary Of An Immortal (1945-1959)
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Cherlyn Lee »

:) I want to read at least 500 books
matildajay
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =4056">The Glass Castle</a>
Currently Reading: The Tender Bar
Bookshelf Size: 295
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-matildajay.html
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by matildajay »

I set my reading goal at 99, however as having just joined the site has seemed to have updated all the books I have added to my Bookshelves as part of the goal completion. Not sure how to correct this as in actuality I have read closer to 20, however I still plan to keep track personally and by 2018 reach the 99 total. Who knows maybe I'll even throw in one more and make it an even 100.
Latest Review: "Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks" by Morton E Tavel, MD
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

matildajay wrote:I set my reading goal at 99, however as having just joined the site has seemed to have updated all the books I have added to my Bookshelves as part of the goal completion. Not sure how to correct this as in actuality I have read closer to 20, however I still plan to keep track personally and by 2018 reach the 99 total. Who knows maybe I'll even throw in one more and make it an even 100.
@matildajay
You can change the☺date read on whatever books you read prior to this year. At this point it has to be done one at a time, from the book's page.

Good luck on your goal! :good-luck-smiley:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Lincoln
Favorite Author: Stephen King
Currently Reading: The Very Loving Caterpillar
Bookshelf Size: 48
Publishing Contest Votes: 9
fav_author_id: 2376

Post by Lincoln »

gali wrote:New year, new goal. How many books do you intend to read this year?

Take our ultimate reading challenge and set up a new goal on your profile. At the end of the year, you can see if your goal was met. Good luck! :)
Not as many as I would like. Not enough reading time now.
Lincoln's book, Raven's Peak is the OnlineBookClub.org April 2017 Book of the Month.

View Raven's Peak on Lincoln's website.

View Raven's Peak on Bookshelves
Dh_
Favorite Author: Alex Flinn
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 714">Carry On</a>
Bookshelf Size: 113
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dh.html
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
fav_author_id: 4010

Post by Dh_ »

I would love to reach 100, but my schedule is going to be pretty tight this year. I'm hoping to read at least 50, but I hope I have time for more.
Latest Review: "Nobody Cares Who You Are - The Life and Times of Aceman, A Widespread Panic Roadie" by Larry Acquaviva
kc3po311
Currently Reading: Letters for Dad
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kc3po311.html
Latest Review: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by kc3po311 »

I'd like to read 50 or 100 but I just got started on my CPC certificate that takes up to 4 months to complete. lots of reading in the textbooks, so unless those count, My goal is only 25 this year :/
Clive Johnson

Post by Clive Johnson »

I have tried throughout my adult life to finish Kafka's "The Trial". I still haven't reached the end. The author got through to me, but I lost patience with him. Robert Robinson observed that Kafka's stories lacked oxygen. A friend of mine commented that the reason the air was thin was that the characters were buttoned up. I believe the characters weren't living and breathing, because the author didn't flesh them out.
mm1587
Currently Reading: White Trash
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mm1587.html

Post by mm1587 »

I realize I'm a little late to the party, although I did set a reading goal for myself in January, I hadn't yet discovered OnlineBookClub! I'm setting a conservative goal of 50 books for the year. I usually read more than that, but I've got a lot of other things in the works right now and I'd rather set a goal I know I can achieve (after a number of years of missing the mark by dozens.) When I was in middle school we had a program called "Read-Your-Way" where you had to read 25 books in the school year to go on a special field trip. There was an option to do the "50 Book Challenge" where you committed to reading twice as many books, but you didn't have to fill out the mini book report forms. I always reached my goal by halfway through the school year so hopefully now as an adult we can tap back into some of that youthful voracity.
Clive Johnson

Post by Clive Johnson »

I don't keep count, but I am sure I am way behind you. I was once asked during a heated discussion how many books I had read on the subject of debate. My opposer's figure capped mine yet his arguments revealed a limited understanding of the topic. That sounds arrogant, I am sure, but his assumption that breadth of reading guaranteed depth of understanding betrayed his unwillingness to examine alternative points of view.
Mavovo
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Mavovo »

i read so little last year so i'll set a realistic 50 books this year and if things go really well i might read a little more.
Gingerbo0ks
Currently Reading: All the Crooked Saints
Bookshelf Size: 168
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gingerbo0ks.html
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Gingerbo0ks »

My goal is to make time! Anything over last year's achievement which was something around 17.
Latest Review: "Strong Heart" by Charlie Sheldon
wroteyou
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by wroteyou »

last year i read 87 books! this year i might take it easy.

Return to “Reading Challenges”