Who has Read Me Before You from Jojo Moyes?

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dreamer9
Bookshelf Size: 0

Who has Read Me Before You from Jojo Moyes?

Post by dreamer9 »

I just finish it, and im in shock, im still crying, but it made some how think about my life and want something more than just stick in to a place, isn't the perfect book to give us another perspective of life?
GGW

Post by GGW »

I totally agree, this is a fantastic book, i could not put it down.
I felt so involved in the story i cried the whole way through.
Although the book had a sad storyline i also came away feeling totally compelled to follow Will's rules and live my life as fully as possible.
I just finished this book today and want to read it again!
BookFever
Favorite Book: I could not possibly choose.
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfever.html
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier

Post by BookFever »

So I'm definitely a little late to the party but my aunt suggested I read this after I noticed her crying while reading it. I am not exactly an emotional person but this book almost did me in. I have never read a book that made me feel so many feelings and to such a strong degree. I really grappled with Will's decision and how he talked to Lou about it. I found myself angry at times but then also understanding. It was also really interesting to have it brought to light how strongly and differently it affects family members and those close to one who wants to make the choice that Will did.
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier
jovanovi
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jovanovi.html

Post by jovanovi »

I loved this story! Great characters with their own sufferings that you could understand. The main characters had a love story without fully realizing it. The controversial topic was interesting and not one I knew too much about. This story was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time. It stayed with me for a few days after I read it.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

I have read it as well and loved it! A heartwarming and heartbreaking story indeed.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
beachbookbum

Post by beachbookbum »

I usually only give 5 stars to books I can see myself rereading. Not that I wouldn't consider it, but only if I was in the mood for a good cry. But this book was worth 5 stars or more. stayed up until 1am finishing this amazing book, and spent the better part of the last 100 or so pages crying my eyes out. I actually teared up thinking about the book this morning while walking my dog.

At first I didn't like how the story was told from certain character's POVs for a only a chapter or 2, but soon came to appreciate the insight. There was no need for them to have a full voice, but without them there the story wouldn't be what it was. I really enjoyed Louisa as the protagonist, I could kind of see myself in her.

No spoilers, but all I have to say is it made me think a lot. It is thought provoking in many ways. I feel like I need to do more to make my life worth while after reading this.
Sunjay
Favorite Author: steinbeck
Favorite Book: All of them
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sunjay.html
fav_author_id: 9851

Post by Sunjay »

Yes, I had read this heartbreaking novel! I truly love this story so beautiful. I was at the library when a nice elderly woman recommended me the book while I was looking at the recommended section. Hopefully one day I will meet her again to thank her. I love how the story develops a friendship to romance. I wish I was the girl just to be with him. Until this day I cannot get that novel out of my head. Its extremely emotional. Sadly its not a happy ending, however I cannot wait to read other novels by the same author...
"Our love broke my heart, and stopped yours." Lemony Snicket
Hans08
Currently Reading: Onyx
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hans08.html
Latest Review: "Ghost Girl" by Stephen Hazlett

Post by Hans08 »

It is absolutely impossible to read this book without feeling anything and getting attached to the characters. A beautifully written book I could not put down. Finishing it has made me feel as if I lost a great love along the way. it's one of my favorite books.
Latest Review: "Ghost Girl" by Stephen Hazlett
RetiredReader
Bookshelf Size: 8

Post by RetiredReader »

I just recently finished this one and loved it! I continue to be amazed at how each of us impact one another as we make our way thru this life. And yes, I include books and fictional characters in this statement! Truly wonderful story with such real characters. I admit, I was a tears mess at the end, but so worth it.
Jojowrites4All
Favorite Author: L.A. Banks
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... =2847">The Great Gatsby</a>
Currently Reading: Hidden in Plain Sight: Revelation of the Sons of Yah
Bookshelf Size: 514
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jojowrites4all.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 8337

Post by Jojowrites4All »

Ok, you guys have just moved this book up on my list. Thanks much!
~ A Lack of Preparation on Your Part - Doesn't Constitute an Emergency on My Part~
Burzotta_86
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burzotta-86.html
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo

Post by Burzotta_86 »

This book had me bawling at the end. Such a lovely read and quite the eye opener. Jojo Moyes took the traditional love story novel and gave it an entirely new meaning.
Latest Review: "Like Raindrops on Water" by Jann DiPaolo
hannahbm13
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 920">Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone</a>
Currently Reading: Doctor Who: Winner Takes All
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hannahbm13.html
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz

Post by hannahbm13 »

I absolutely loved this book! I read it in two days and cried after! I am so very excited to see the movie.
Latest Review: "The Last City of America" by Matthew Tysz
cdoudz

Post by cdoudz »

I just finished this book as well and spent around an hour hysterically crying. Then I stopped, watched the trailer again, and started crying all over again. What a beautiful book. Has anyone read the sequel yet? Is it worth reading?
cogarae
Currently Reading: Mary
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cogarae.html
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG

Post by cogarae »

I just got the audible for this book and I'm loving it so far!
Sarah_Khan
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 3700">Gone With the Wind</a>
Currently Reading: Circe
Bookshelf Size: 336
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-khan.html
Latest Review: The Formidable King by Alyssa J. Montgomery

Post by Sarah_Khan »

I guess I have an unpopular opinion of this book. I thought this book was boring and unbearably predictable. The author's way of writing was mediocre, the only thing I enjoyed is some of the characters. Overall I find that this book is extremely overrated. :P

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”