The Online Book Club Pub

Discuss whatever your heart desires, just be civil. Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
StephenKingman
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

The Online Book Club Pub

Post by StephenKingman »

So many of us have been here a while now and have gotten to know the characters here, so what would you visualize the pub for our meet-up (which MUST happen someday!) would be like and how the night would go? Ok ill go first, and this is purely based on my impressions of people here, so apologies if im wrong its only meant to be fun....

So, i arrive first too early as usual and get a few drinks ready and pick a nice quiet table. In comes Fran, all sensible and proper with great manners and a penchant for red wine. After the introductions and chat, we are joined by Laci, who enters wearing leather jacket and blue mascara and orders a wacky drink like Jeigermesiter and joins Fran and myself for a chat about how great it is to finally meet and how its, like, SO cool to be on the forum. No awkward moments or silences as we have many things in common and know what books the other likes.

After a while, Coldfire comes in wearing a tweed jacket and a smile meant only for Laci, whom he asks to join him in a private part of the pub after only a few minutes. Meanwhile, a DJ has started to play some dance music and, a few ciders the worse off, i drag Fran to the dance floor to show off my unique dance moves whilst she politely plays along. In the middle of all this, Tip the Bottle, Heidi, Bookworm, Ducky, Tigeropig, Mairin etc etc all come along to see one mod making a fool of himself on the dance floor and the other mod fending off many gropes!

So, we all come together and get chatting about each other and books and everything else and the atmosphere is good until i suddenly say aloud "I wonder where-" but i cant finish my sentence as a huge crash is heard as if a breeze block was hurled through the window, everyone stops dead and there is dead silence. this 'block' looks up and smiles, then speaks "Hi, im Stinkin Fascist, the door was too boring i decided to take the window, HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!". She rushes over to hug Laci and elbows her in the process. I pass her a drink and she drops it on the floor, but my second drink (soft drink) stays afloat!

With that we all decide to end the evening with a mass dance to Lady Gagas Just Dance, i throw some funky shapes in front of everyone in the room, the drink is flowing and many, many books are recommended and swapped.....

Ladies and gentlemen, how was it for you?
You only live once.....so live!
Fran
Favorite Author: David Mitchell
Favorite Book: Anna Karenina
Currently Reading: Hide and Seek
Bookshelf Size: 1208
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fran.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 3104

Post by Fran »

Wow ... that was some night, I'm not the better of it yet!

Anyone got any Solphadine?
Stinkin' Fascist
Currently Reading: Game of Thrones

Post by Stinkin' Fascist »

Cripes!

Hahaha, I was all into it waiting for me to come in, and then I got all jealous when I still hadn't come in when about 5 others did!
Then I see the "I wonder where-" and I get all excited!

Hahaha, I could not stop laughing my butt off! It was hard to breath haha.

That was fantastic, and so very probable and possible.

Though I must say I wouldn't drink, I'm just not one, maybe one and that's it. Buy me a Mountain Dew!!!

I love the elbow thrown into the mix, absolutely correct! You have most of it down pat.
( ̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅ ♥ ̲̅]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅ )
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

Sounds like a blast to me, but I'd have to have a few drinks on board before I go dancing in front of the others!!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
StephenKingman
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephenkingman.html

Post by StephenKingman »

Mairin wrote:Sounds like a blast to me, but I'd have to have a few drinks on board before I go dancing in front of the others!!
Me too, but the alcohol helps! I have been known to dance with absolutely everyone around me at wedding afters, theres a John Travolta circa 1978 just screaming to get out after a few drinks! :lol:
You only live once.....so live!
Mairin

Post by Mairin »

StephenKingman wrote:
Mairin wrote:Sounds like a blast to me, but I'd have to have a few drinks on board before I go dancing in front of the others!!
Me too, but the alcohol helps! I have been known to dance with absolutely everyone around me at wedding afters, theres a John Travolta circa 1978 just screaming to get out after a few drinks! :lol:
HAHA! I think I'd pay to see that!!
~I'm so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I'm saying.~ Oscar Wilde
laci_baby
Favorite Author: Oscar Wilde
Favorite Book: Wuthering Heights
fav_author_id: 2475

Post by laci_baby »

[quote="StephenKingman"].... we are joined by Laci, who enters wearing leather jacket and blue mascara [quote]
and four inch heels..

How could you forget the best part??

" all come along to see one mod making a fool of himself on the dance floor and the other mod fending off many gropes!"

Oh haha... your so funny...

Yay!
I 'm just happy my name was mentioned more than anyone else's!
Hee! :D

Your a genius StephenKingman... Thank you for the laugh of the day!
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

StephenKingman wrote:...
Ladies and gentlemen, how was it for you?
As you might have guessed, what SKM is really asking is, "What happened... I seem to have forgotten?" Drink does have that effect on some people.

The pub was a lovely traditional pub, with an obliging landlord. Just the place to enjoy the craic. Bit expensive, though, with a pint of Guinness costing 5.50 euros and Black Bush whiskey at 7.50.

The evening will always stay in my memory. It was the happiest day of my life. My dearest darling, and the love of my life, finally said, "Yes", to me. Laci and I announced our engagement, to the applause of our friends.

Champagne flowed freely as we celebrated. There was an animated discussion as to the best way to mix champagne and Guinness to make Black Velvet. Eleven recipes were suggested, so we decided to be scientific about it. We made up every recipe, and everybody had a pint of each.

We did indeed dance to Lady Gaga. SKM suggested her music, and remarked that he thought Lady Gaga was the loveliest singer going. I ventured to suggest that Lily Allen was even better looking. It was then that I discovered that my darling Laci is a little on the jealous side, and my nose accidentally collided with the daintiest and most adorable fist that any angel ever waved.

Dripping blood, I staggered over to SKM for a little masculine sympathy. "Is that real blood?" he asked, licking his lips as his eyes turned into red pin-points.

"No," I hastily prevaricated, "I've just had a Bloody Mary for a change."

"Pity about that." replied SKM gloomily.

But my darling Laci, bless her generous soul, soon forgave me. We sat handing hands and gazing into each other's eyes. "Don't hold my hand too tightly," my darling whispered, "I seem to have bruised my knuckles somehow."

It seemed that we had hardly started to enjoy ourselves, when the landlord announced that he was obliged by law to close. A handful of euros persuaded him to close the pub with us inside. The party continued.

About 3 a.m. in the morning, there was a loud and official knock on the door. "Open in the name of the law!" roared a powerful voice.

"It's the Garda!" exclaimed the landlord, "Sergeant Murphy is a merciless brute." The terrified landlord rushed to open the door.

In stalked the huge and grim-faced Sergeant Murphy with two junior Garda at his heels.

"You'se is all under arrest!" roared the furious Sergeant Murphy.

[to be continued...]
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)
Fran

Post by Fran »

11 concoctions of Guinness, Black Bush & Champers ...!

Small wonder I'm drawing a blank on the night

Who spiked the Sergeant Murphy's cuppa ... that's what I want to know?
Stinkin' Fascist

There's a problem with that though Coldfire, haha, Laci doesn't do marriage!

Quick! Someone knock Sergeant Murphy over the head with a beer bottle!
Oh... I'd do it, but with a chair leg haha.
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Yay! Im still number one! Love that my name keeps popping up....heehee....

Actually there's two things wrong with that... i dont do marriage and i cant hit worth a cracker...

Good job Fascist! Chair leg's always better.
I'll just sit back and scream "take that Sucka!" just because i've always wanted to...
Fairytales are more than true: not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -Neil Gaiman
Fran

Post by Fran »

Oh my, my Fascist ... chair leg & poor Sergeant Murphy ... that was harsh - sure he was the kissogram StephenKingman had organized for the happy couple.

But luckily our wily Moderator, recalling his days as a boy scout & the injunction to be 'ever ready', rushes in and taking Sergent Murphy by the arm dances him, Travolta style, in the direction of the barman. Several Black Velvet's later the Sergent's head much recovered he is standing on the bar insisting that all present raise their glasses and drink a toast to Arthur's Day.

Mairin demands accuracy & insists that a toast to Arthur's Day at 05:59am is invalid and does not meet the injunction to raise your glass at 17:59pm.
It is a well known fact that Arthur was not a 'morning person'.

Fascist proposes that as she is a seasoned traveller she can state categorically that it is definitely 17:59 somewhere .... possibly on the 3rd Rock from the Moon... and if pushed she can supply the You Tube link.

Fran wonders how on earth she got caught up in this virtual insanity ... and so to bed! :wink:
laci_baby

Post by laci_baby »

Great way to turn it all around Fran haha...Only StephenKingman's dance and booze could change that coppa's mind.
Stinkin' Fascist

Hahaha, I just pictured myself literally jumping from continent to continent covered in food seasoning...

This is just awesomer and awesomer.

Haha, that's right Tweedle Dum, you'd swim at Coldfire, not punch...

I couldn't help it! Chair legs just catch people off guard to begin with, so he'd just stare at me as I yanked it off the chair to knock him with... It was too late for him by then, haha.

It's cool, we're besties now, sharing fight stories and wacky drunk stories...
Someone break out the mashed potatoes to do the twist!
Hahaha.
C0ldf1re

Post by C0ldf1re »

None of you really remember, do you? The true truth is coming...
8) The hedgehogs have eaten the breakfast. The rose has wilted. And I've put my trousers on. 8) -------------------- (See Post #1501)

Return to “Community & Off-Topic”