My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak *spoilers*

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Justareader34
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justareader34.html

My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak *spoilers*

Post by Justareader34 »

My Life with the Walter Boys by Ali Novak recounts the final months of Jackie Howard's sophomore year. Suddenly thrown into a chaotic and eventful household of a family of fourteen after the death of her own family, Jackie struggles to fit in. Since this book obviously has many characters, do you think Novak effectively gave each one of them a distinct personality?
Readerkait

Post by Readerkait »

I understand that with so many characters it was probably difficult for Ali Novak to properly develop each of them, but I still feel that we should have gotten a least a few more details about some of the other brothers. They just seemed so flat to me, though is did still enjoy reading this book. It was cute and a fairly quick read. Though I'm not sure how I feel about the ending...

Readerkait
Justareader34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justareader34.html

Post by Justareader34 »

I completely agree. With so many characters I felt like I wasn't getting enough information about them even though the plot was interesting. The ending I kind of expected, however I think it could have been embellished more.
sara01ag

Post by sara01ag »

My life with the Walter boys By Ali Novak is A story about how Jackie Howard’s life changes completely after her family died in a car accident. Due to this she is forced to leave her home, New York, to go live to colorando. Where her new life is waiting for her, a new life in which se will leave under the same roof as all the 12 Walter boys. I felt like Ali Novak did a great job with each and every personality all the characters have. But you can really expect what would the end be, since it was kind of predictable but emotional at the same time.
claudiawuollet
Currently Reading: Betsy and Catherine
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by claudiawuollet »

Although you didn't get to know a lot of the characters in My Life with the Walter Boys, the ones that were the most important are very clearly described. It is a good book and I would recommend to anyone that loves YA books. It is a fun read and you get lost in it quickly.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”