Eleanor And Park - Rainbow Rowell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
kimarya
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Eleanor And Park - Rainbow Rowell

Post by kimarya »

This book is so cute, and I would have enjoyed it if not for the racism.
Abbyoverstrom

Post by Abbyoverstrom »

I was really excited to start reading this after it was recommended to me by a friend, but I honestly didn't love the book at all!
lnygaard
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lnygaard.html
Latest Review: "SCRUMstudy-SBOK-Guide-2013" by Scrumstudy

Post by lnygaard »

The reason why I read this book:

"Disintegrated. Like something had gone wrong beaming her onto the Starship Enterprise. If you've ever wondered what that feels like, it's a lot like melting--but more violent. Even in a million different pieces, Eleanor could still feel Park holding her hand. Could still feel his thumb exploring her palm. She sat completely still because she didn't have any other option. She tried to remember what kind of animals paralyzed their prey before they ate them... Maybe Park had paralyzed her with his ninja magic, his Vulcan handhold, and now he was going to eat her.
That would be awesome." -pg 72

I don't know where I saw this passage, but as soon as I did I knew I had to read this book. It was necessary and it was just a question of when (particularly since the request list from the library was so long).

That being said, I did not love it. I liked it, but did not love it. It was pretty well written, just a little heavy in some areas......
Latest Review: "SCRUMstudy-SBOK-Guide-2013" by Scrumstudy
book whale
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-book-whale.html

Post by book whale »

Eleanor and Park is one of my top books read this year so far and I'm sure that it will be on my favorites list for a very long time. The characters are soo realistic and everything that happens in this book I could see happening in real life. I would gladly be rereading this book time after time after time. :D
mana1o1
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mana1o1.html

Post by mana1o1 »

I read the other novel "Fangirl" by Rainbow Rowell and it was a nice read. I didn't have any idea to read Eleanor and Park until a friend suggested me and I gave it a try...

I must say it blew my mind. It was a whole new idea.

When I first read it I kept thinking to myself about how the beauty outside really mattered. Eleanor wasn't pretty compared to the other girls out there. You can totally imagine it. She didn't have the perfect figure that a guy would want or anything. On the other hand, Park was sorta cute and girls would want to be with him and all but he wasn't really interested.

The way the author connected both of them just made me so happy. She sort of showed that the outer appearance didn't mattered, all that mattered was connection and bond that they could form. Just started as a stranger sitting together in bus and ended up being in a relationship that bloomed beautifully. Eleanor leaving her shell and forming guts to go against whatever was holding her back. Although, it leaded to trouble she never gave up. At last, she had to leave but it was for the best and the reason she had to leave just broke my heart.

While reading the novel, I thought that she got bullied by her schoolmates not by her _____(read the novel to know).

Well, while many didn't like the ending I thought it was a great way to end the novel and totally different. The last three words, I think people could guess it easily and people could also feel that Eleanor really meant it. I must say that the ending really made me smile.
mandersonxoxo
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mandersonxoxo.html

Post by mandersonxoxo »

I need to pick this book up!:D
DlVERGENT
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dlvergent.html
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes

Post by DlVERGENT »

I loved Eleanor & Park, it was cute, funny & heartbreaking. A lot of people did not like the book because of the ending, but honestly I think that's what makes it so good, if a book can make me cry then I like it.
Latest Review: "The Banned Book about Love" by Scott Hughes
littlebook
Favorite Author: J.K Rowling
Favorite Book: Will Grayson Will Grayson
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-littlebook.html
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case

Post by littlebook »

Recently, I bought Landline by Rainbow Rowell. It was spectacular and I really cant wait to get my hands on Eleanor and Park.
Latest Review: "River of Fire" by Darrell Case
lisasbookadventures
Currently Reading: This Book Needs A Title
Bookshelf Size: 470
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisasbookadventures.html

Post by lisasbookadventures »

I liked this book a lot because it deals with 2 absolutely normal teenagers and not the preppy perfects ones people tend to write about.
The ending that most people don't like is a bit shocking at first, I went like ' what ? WHATTT ? no no no this can't end like this !!'
But when you think about it long enough you know what she wrote and then I found peace with this book.
It's a darn good book and I'm glad I got around to reading it.
BookFever
Favorite Book: I could not possibly choose.
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bookfever.html
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier

Post by BookFever »

I hadn't heard about this book before I saw your forum. It sounds like a great story so I am definitely going to put in on my to-read list. Thanks for posting!!
Latest Review: "You, in Your Green Shirt" by Barbara Monier
amullins516
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amullins516.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by amullins516 »

This is the first Rainbow Rowell novel I've read. When I first finished it, I didn't like it. But the more I think on it, the more it grows on me. The main thing that captured me was the reality of the characters. They aren't perfect people falling in instalove, they're real people with real struggles. I'm definitely going to have to give this a reread and delve into some more Rainbow Rowell books.
Court-27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-court-27.html

Post by Court-27 »

I loved this book. I fell in love with the characters and mourned with them throughout their love story.
rida
Favorite Author: A lot
Favorite Book: More than favorite authors
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rida.html
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy

Post by rida »

I read Fangirl first and then E&P but to be honest I loved this more. I finished it in eight straight hours. The way chemistry between these two grew was so sweet. Strangers at one point and within a few days head over heals in love. But the ending is still hurting me. I am not one of those people who demand happily ever after but the ending of this book was so mysterious that I still can't stop thinking about it.
Latest Review: "Skive" by Paul Adam Levy
lilly thiele
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lilly-thiele.html

Post by lilly thiele »

This book just twisted my heart sort of like one of those toys where you squeeze them and a part of the toy expands heaps (apt explanation? No idea). The whole reading comic books together and mix tapes and making out on the couch and how cool Eleanor and Park both are makes a very enjoyable novel. I'd like to elaborate on the whole 'cool' part of Eleanor and Park, I mean they were just so cool I have to. One sarcastic and chubby main character and one other main character who wears dark jeans and listens to punk in one book just sort of kisses my soul like not many other character combos can.
dulciescott
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dulciescott.html

Post by dulciescott »

I really enjoyed this book. I really cared about the characters, so it made me excited for when I could next read it! I feel like Rainbow Rowell didn't end it well - I am really hoping she will write a sequel!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”