Francine Rivers

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
Simworm
Favorite Author: Francine Rivers
Favorite Book: Harry Potter
Currently Reading: White Noise - Don DeLillo
Bookshelf Size: 0
fav_author_id: 6456

Francine Rivers

Post by Simworm »

I'm half way through Francine River's "A Voice in the Wind" - the first in the Mark of the Lion series, and so far enjoying it. She writes historical fiction, mostly dating back to Biblical times. Has anyone else here any of her books? If you have, what were thoughts after reading them?
"Oh, tis love that makes the world go round" - Lewis Carroll
kj1919

Post by kj1919 »

Omg. I love Francine rivers. I've read the mark of lion series and it was unbelievable. My favorite. Book by het would have to be redeeming love. It is such a powerful book. :D
Cali
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cali.html

Post by Cali »

Loved this series ... I know this is a late reply but I hope there is more to come from her soon
"Life is what we call that period of time that interrupts our reading" - unknown

“When I have a little money, I buy books; and if I have any left, I buy food and clothes.” - Erasmus
Paliden
Currently Reading: White Cargo
Bookshelf Size: 1028
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paliden.html
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne

Post by Paliden »

Yes, love the Mark of the Lion series but Redeeming Love is my favorite too! Atonement Child was amazing! Her Women of Grace (I think its called that, maybe Lineage of Grace) series is really good too. A lot of people like The Last Sin-Eater but it wasn't one of my favorites. The Sons of Encouragement series was really good too. Leota's Garden is good.
Latest Review: "Justified Anger" by Jennifer Colne
prican11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prican11.html

Post by prican11 »

I love Francine Rivers! As everyone else has said her Mark of the Lion series is my favorite as well as Redeeming Love. I just read The Last Sinner eater and I didn't really enjoy it though. I don't think it was one of her better novels. Also, I find that her more recent stuff seems to be so much related to childbirth and motherhood that I can't really relate.
Brandi Noelle
Currently Reading: The Invention of Murder
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brandi-noelle.html
Latest Review: Marrying a Playboy Billionaire by H M Irwing

Post by Brandi Noelle »

"Redeeming Love" is the first Francine Rivers book that I read and I absolutely loved it! I don't typically read a lot of Christian fiction - I find some of it a little too cheesy for me - but I did not feel this way at all when reading this book.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I have not yet read the her Mark of the lion series. I have read : The Atonement Child, Redeeming Love, The Shofar Blew and The Scarlet Thread .
carleecane
Currently Reading: Two Weeks
Bookshelf Size: 17

Post by carleecane »

I absolutely love A Voice In The Wind, the whole series! She did amazing with it!
Ebets
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62

Post by Ebets »

I have read that series and really enjoyed it. I have recently read her new book Lady's Mine. The one I read after that was The Bridget to Haven. After that one I needed a break. It was a bit too much and didn't feel like the style of her writing I was used to. I will continue to read her books, but just needed a break from her books.

Return to “Discuss Authors”