Christine Freehan

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
shdelp
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shdelp.html
Reading Device: 1400699169

Christine Freehan

Post by shdelp »

I like her series regarding the Dark Series. I have read all of them a couple of times. They are different with the Carpathians and the adventures that they have and lets don't forget about the sex. She also writes regarding women that have supernatural powers and how they work together to control their powers and do good for the town they live in.
nagathachristie
Favorite Author: Linda Howard
Bookshelf Size: 8
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nagathachristie.html
Latest Review: "Overcome Anxiety" by Elisabetta Reist
fav_author_id: 8729

Post by nagathachristie »

I've never read Christine Feehan's Dark series books. I'm not a big fan of paranormal romance for most of the parts. Don't get me wrong, I love wolves, but I dunno it just doesn't gel with me. The Carpathians either.

But I do have to admit she's a really good writer. I finished her Drake sisters series (all 7 of them) a few years back, before she picked up Sea Haven again and made more books about another group of magical sisters. I washed my hands of it because I just didn't want something very similar all over again (like Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series). It's been a few years now.

She does write some saucy things though *wink wink*
Latest Review: "Overcome Anxiety" by Elisabetta Reist
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I have the complete Dark Series. I loved every minute of reading them. You find yourself feeling what the characters are feeling. Jacques was my favorite character. He went through so much and admits that he cannot make it without his life mate. Who is your favorite character?
Leahhamblen
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leahhamblen.html

Post by Leahhamblen »

Jacques, hands down! My spine is broken and pages falling out...Jacques story is not a good choice to start the series with. Every book will stand alone but you really, really, really have to understand the Carpathian race to not be, almost, repulsed by what appears to be violence against his life mate. As a young girl, I dreamed of being loved as deeply as these Carpathian males love their mates.
ashley2100
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ashley2100.html

Post by ashley2100 »

I don't like the Carpathian series that much. While I absolutely love the leopard and game series
jeromysangel6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeromysangel6.html

Post by jeromysangel6 »

I love all of her books I've read almost all of the dark series. Some of the seahaven series and most of the special ops series. She is awesome!!
legendary_mama
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-legendary-mama.html

Post by legendary_mama »

I read the first six or seven in the Dark series. I loved the way the story pulls you in, and I ended up rooting for the poor Carpathian male who couldn't find his lifemate. However, after the first two or three books, I just felt like I was reading the same story over and over with different characters. The storyline is great, but I struggled with the monotony and repetative 'carpathian male searches desparately for lifemate, she rebels..' I did not finish the series because it became too much of the same story.
mydavilar
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mydavilar.html

Post by mydavilar »

I love Christine Feehan! A friend of mine let me borrow ALL her books. My favorite would have to be either Dominic or Manolito from the jaguar series.
Summom11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-summom11.html

Post by Summom11 »

I agree that her carpathian series is repetitive but her other series are not. My favorite series is tied between ghost walkers and the drake sisters.
dhomespot
Currently Reading: Blind Black Sheep
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dhomespot.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by dhomespot »

I have not had the chance to read her other series yet. That is one of those "get 'round to it" things.
"Maybe ever’body in the whole damn world is scared of each other."- John Steinbeck
arobinson214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arobinson214.html

Post by arobinson214 »

My favorite book by Feehan was Burning Wild. Steam rose from the pages in that one and the romance had you on the edge of your seat!
vfreeman
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vfreeman.html
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta

Post by vfreeman »

I love Christine Feehan! But I also fall into the camp of 'some of her books but not all." I love the Dark series, the Drake Sisters, and some of the Leopard Series. I really tried to love the Game series but it didn't stick for long. I lucked into picking up Dark Prince right when it came out, and it just hit the spot :-)
Latest Review: "Cities of Kings" by Atreyee Gupta
stiller444
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stiller444.html

Post by stiller444 »

I read this book and I wasn't that impressed by the story or the characters. I may have to try and re read this one you all have have such high regards for it. I may have missed it. I am going to try again!! Hopefully it will be better the second time.
Caz1+
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-caz1.html

Post by Caz1+ »

I love the dark series and have read them all several times
Shellby85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shellby85.html

Post by Shellby85 »

Jacques has to be one of my favourite characters also
To admit you can't live without someone the way he does is so heart warming but having said that I do love all of the books

I didn't find myself getting too bored by them as you tend to do with series that are very long. I didn't feel it repeated itself too much

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”