Official Review: Spirit Sword by Sam Ford

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Connie Otwani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cotwani.html
Latest Review: The Fisherman and his Foundlings by Phillip Leighton-Daly

Re: Official Review: Spirit Sword by Sam Ford

Post by Connie Otwani »

The book sounds riveting with your review doing it justice. Cale doesn't come off as a spoilt brat, or egoistical hero. Can't wait to pick up this one!

Thanks for this engaging, well-articulated review!
There is more treasure in books than in all the pirates’ loot on Treasure Island!
-Walt Disney
Salma_asa
Currently Reading: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salma-asa.html
Latest Review: Child of the Sun Complete Edition by Michael Van Cleve

Post by Salma_asa »

Kelyn wrote: 26 Mar 2020, 14:54
White_Nights wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 10:43 This is the kind of book I will definitely enjoy! I am interested in the growth of Cale in his journey to survive without his family.
praise+anyi wrote: 25 Mar 2020, 13:01 I wonder how Cale felt when he discovered that the people he admired took away his most treasured family. The book sounds thrilling with your detailed review. Kudos.
Cales's growth as a character was very well written by the author. // I imagine he was heartbroken to discover that the murderers were Rangers. He lost both his family and his heroes in the same horrible day. Thanks for the compliment and for stopping by and leaving a comment!
You are welcome!
Laurina Michael Olowoniran
Currently Reading: Be the Change: The Future is in Your Hands
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-laurina-olowo.html
Latest Review: Mister Pushkin Sees The Light by AC Michael

Post by Laurina Michael Olowoniran »

Wow, I literally felt like I was watching an action packed movie. Very immersive. I also guess it must have been challenging for Cake to come to terms with his new identity, was it? It must be a very interesting read. Wonderful review.
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Cotwani wrote: 27 Mar 2020, 06:26 The book sounds riveting with your review doing it justice. Cale doesn't come off as a spoilt brat, or egoistical hero. Can't wait to pick up this one!

Thanks for this engaging, well-articulated review!
I loved Cale's character. You're right; many times, the protagonists in this type of YA book come off as kind of bratty (not always, but sometimes). The author did a great job developing his character growth. Thanks for stopping in and commenting!
Laurina_Olowo wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 04:52 Wow, I literally felt like I was watching an action-packed movie. Very immersive. I also guess it must have been challenging for Cake to come to terms with his new identity, was it? It must be a very interesting read. Wonderful review.
Cale does have a bit of difficulty accepting that he's supposed to be some kind of hero. To himself, at that point, he's just the son of a pig farmer. He matures a lot in the book, and I'm sure that will continue in the next one! Thanks for dropping by and commenting!
bellajavier wrote: 28 Mar 2020, 16:39 This is an extremely well-crafted review. Definitely makes the reader want to read the book, I admire how you have captured the entire essence of the book so beautiful, in such little words.
Thanks for the lovely compliment and for stopping in and commenting!

Thanks so much to all of you for the compliments. I'm always happy to know that others enjoy my writing
:tiphat:
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

I love paranormal fantasy. Thanks for sharing 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Lisa A Rayburn

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Sushan wrote: 29 Mar 2020, 22:23 I love paranormal fantasy. Thanks for sharing 👍👍
I do, too, as you can probably tell from the types of books I review! :lol2: If you do read it, I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by and commenting!
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

This book has so many positive qualities. It seems like a good fantasy to get lost in for a few hours. Thanks for the amazing recommendation!
AvidBibliophile
Currently Reading: Gold Digger
Bookshelf Size: 480
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avidbibliophile.html
Latest Review: How I Became Santa Clause by Chris Kringle

Post by AvidBibliophile »

“The legions of the damned rise in the shadows...” Goodness gracious, this seeker of justice was in for a wild ride! Sounds like an awesome tale of excitement and intrigue.
Lisa A Rayburn

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

kdstrack wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 16:14 This book has so many positive qualities. It seems like a good fantasy to get lost in for a few hours. Thanks for the amazing recommendation!
AvidBibliophile wrote: 31 Mar 2020, 20:44 “The legions of the damned rise in the shadows...” Goodness gracious, this seeker of justice was in for a wild ride! Sounds like an awesome tale of excitement and intrigue.
It is a good read and was easily doable in just a few days. // Cale definitely had his high and low points; I think the real roller coaster ride is yet to come in the next book. I can’t wait! Thanks to you both for stopping by and commenting!
Adina Lutinger
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adina-lutinger.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Adina Lutinger »

This seems like a perfect book for me! Young-adult is one of my favourite genres, and the combination of fantasy with good character development and superb writing is everything I need. I'm even more impressed by the fact that this is the first published book of the author. Thank you very much for the great review!
Prisallen
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

This sounds like an amazing good vs. evil book. I love novels that have humor interspersed in them to lighten the mood. Great review, Kelyn! It certainly makes me want to read the novel!
Lisa A Rayburn

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

SomeoneInTheWorld wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 03:12 This seems like a perfect book for me! Young-adult is one of my favourite genres, and the combination of fantasy with good character development and superb writing is everything I need. I'm even more impressed by the fact that this is the first published book of the author. Thank you very much for the great review!
Prisallen wrote: 02 Apr 2020, 08:33 This sounds like an amazing good vs. evil book. I love novels that have humor interspersed in them to lighten the mood. Great review, Kelyn! It certainly makes me want to read the novel!
I'm fond of YA books as well. The author is certainly to be given kudos for his writing; it is smooth and has all the marks of an established author even though this is his first book. Thank you both for the compliments! And thanks for dropping in and commenting!
Shabram22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shabram22.html
Latest Review: Breaking the Chain by Patricia Rossi

Post by Shabram22 »

This kind of reminds me of King Arthur pulling out a sword. But this sword talks! I loved your review! This sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thank you for an amazing review!
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

This is exactly the type of book I like to read. And your review made me want to read it immediately. Great job!
Lisa A Rayburn

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

Shabram22 wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 13:45 This kind of reminds me of King Arthur pulling out a sword. But this sword talks! I loved your review! This sounds like a book I would enjoy. Thank you for an amazing review!
Thank you for the lovely compliment! I had similar thoughts toward the King Arthur legend when Cale first found the sword. I loved the banter back and forth between them! Thanks for dropping in and commenting!
Mbrooks2518 wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 17:30 This is exactly the type of book I like to read. And your review made me want to read it immediately. Great job!
I'm so glad you enjoyed the review. I love it when others appreciate my writing. I hope you enjoy the book as much as I did! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”