What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
leareiler
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leareiler.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by leareiler »

I'm actually reading two books right now, She by H Rider Haggard and The Dark Web Murders. I'm almost done with She, and then after that I'm going to be reading Emma by Jane Austen so that I can watch the new movie. I have it all planned out, thanks to this quarantine :)
Sunnycnn
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sunnycnn »

Hello, I’m currently reading “ L'Homme qui rit” by Victor Hugo. It takes me quite much time to finish. The ones written two centuries ago are never easy to read ^^
siusantos
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 182
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-siusantos.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer
Reading Device: B01FJT7N4W

Post by siusantos »

I just started on The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne. Sometimes, I like to read classic books just for variety. I like to read different literature to broaden my knowledge.
White_Nights
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Came for Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by White_Nights »

Hi, everyone. I am in the middle of The cat who came for Christmas by Cleveland Amory. It is cute story about a new catowner and i can relate to many of the things happening because i also have a cat. Love it!
Reina275
Currently Reading: Mixed Blessings
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reina275.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Reina275 »

Just finished reading “The Mindset” by Ace Bowers, and it changed my perception en effort and success. I really recommend it.❤️
kayethomas802

Post by kayethomas802 »

I'm currently reading Bangkok 8, a mystery novel that follows a Thai cop. I used to live in SE Asia, and I was missing the feel of the region, so even though it doesn't always paint Bangkok in the best light, it does capture the spiritual feel of the nation.
Snappy

Post by Snappy »

I'm rereading "The Stand" by Stephen King, thought it was fitting with the current circumstances in the world. I've also been listening to the audiobook of "All Your Twisted Secrets" by Diana Urban.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Snappy wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 16:51 I'm rereading "The Stand" by Stephen King, thought it was fitting with the current circumstances in the world. I've also been listening to the audiobook of "All Your Twisted Secrets" by Diana Urban.
Yes, pandemic fiction has become very popular with everything that's going on.

May I suggest Mira Grant's 'Newsflesh' trilogy?
It's zombies, but not the way you normally see them, and includes a culture that has embraced social distancing due to the virus (and PTSD).
(The author did an amazing amount of research into virology, so most of the science, while set against a fictional virus that causes zombieism, is accurate to viruses as a whole.)
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
Redlegs
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Lord of the Rings
Bookshelf Size: 300
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-redlegs.html

Post by Redlegs »

I am about to start The Dressmaker by Rosalie Ham. Let's hope it's better than the movie!
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

The Great Gatsby, F Scott Fitzgerald
Snappy

Post by Snappy »

Gravy wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 22:15
Snappy wrote: 24 Mar 2020, 16:51 I'm rereading "The Stand" by Stephen King, thought it was fitting with the current circumstances in the world. I've also been listening to the audiobook of "All Your Twisted Secrets" by Diana Urban.
Yes, pandemic fiction has become very popular with everything that's going on.

May I suggest Mira Grant's 'Newsflesh' trilogy?
It's zombies, but not the way you normally see them, and includes a culture that has embraced social distancing due to the virus (and PTSD).
(The author did an amazing amount of research into virology, so most of the science, while set against a fictional virus that causes zombieism, is accurate to viruses as a whole.)
Oh, I read that one a long time ago. Can't really remember anything about it except that I didn't like it. Thanks for suggesting, though.
wendilou49
Favorite Book: Code Name Lily
Currently Reading: So Into Her
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wendilou49.html
Latest Review: Blossom ~ The Wild Ambassador of Tewksbury by Anna Carner
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by wendilou49 »

That's a good question. I just finished a book, "No Dark Clouds" by RW Nelson and can't decide what to read next. I have several books on my to-read shelf, but nothing is calling my name. Perhaps a good romance, "The Piano Man" by C Ray Frigard. The first book in this series was great. A little romance never hurt anyone!
Shruti_D
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shruti-d.html
Latest Review: The Prize by Geoffrey M Cooper

Post by Shruti_D »

About to start The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington.
ellie_rue
Currently Reading: Gilead
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellie-rue.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by ellie_rue »

Hello! I'm reading "Gilead" by Marilynne Robinson at the moment, but recently finished "The Subterraneans" by Jack Kerouac and would highly recommend it. :D
intelligentsiagirl
Currently Reading:

Post by intelligentsiagirl »

Reading ...

HIROHITO
AND THE MAKING OF MODERN JAPAN
Herbert P Bix
HarperCollins Publishers, copyright 2000
Ideologies evolve to become oxymoron's, because they are stress tested as Occam's razors: for the manipulation of the ill-educated commoners -- so they can embrace an ideology in vogue - 1 January 2020
aliceeya
Favorite Book: A Little Life
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by aliceeya »

Hello! I'm currently reading "The Shining" by Stephen King. I have not seen the movie so I'm going in blind. I'm also reading a Spanish book called "La ira de Mexcico" which translated to "The rage of Mexico" so far it's pretty interesting :)

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”