What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
hillisee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hillisee.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by hillisee »

The last move I watched was Miss Americana, a documentary on the life of Taylor Swift. Very interesting watch for those interested in pop culture
Julianna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julianna.html
Latest Review: The Land of Sunshine and Hell by Maxene Raices

Post by Julianna »

Ford vs Ferrari and it was awesome! I give it a 4 out of 4. The story was fantastic and the actors were great.
WardahEbrahim
Currently Reading: Little Women
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wardahebrahim.html
Latest Review: Winning the War on Cancer by Sylvie Beljanski

Post by WardahEbrahim »

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. We're trying to hook my sister onto the series.
I give it a 9/10. Only because Crimes of Grindelwald is a 10/10 :mrgreen2:
VitsyST
Favorite Book: Whispers at Moonrise
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vitsyst.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by VitsyST »

I watched Frozen 2 a couple of days ago. It was kind of disappointing. The first one was better. The characters and plot were okay, but not good so I give it a 2/4.
Julia JD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Julia JD »

If we talk movies, not tv series, then so far it's Ocean's 8, 6.2 IMDb.
White_Nights
Currently Reading: The Cat Who Came for Christmas
Bookshelf Size: 14

Post by White_Nights »

My last movie was Sonic and I have to say that it was excellent! I love everything about it, from the small jokes to the heartwarming moments. I know that it is strange but the character of Dr. Robotnik was brilliant and it is kind of my favorite (i just can't take him serious). I especially liked the last scene where he said "A lesser man will die here..., me? I will be back for Christmas." (i am sorry for the incorrect quotes)
Jenifer1420

Post by Jenifer1420 »

Let's see.. .last one I saw in an exceedingly theater was origin that was a very amazing motion-picture show. Last one I saw reception was Star Trek (the newest one) and amazingly I favorite it!
Snappy

Post by Snappy »

Watched Fargo (1996) the other day. Never knew what it was about, which I personally think is a good thing. Gave it 4/5 stars on letterboxd. So now I really wanna watch the tv series.
NatRose
Currently Reading: The Eye of the World
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natrose.html
Latest Review: Who Was That Masked Kid by Dan Neiser

Post by NatRose »

I think the last movie I saw was Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker. I love the Star Wars universe but I think I'd only give this movie a 6 or 7 out of 10. I really like the characters and the actors, and it had some great scenes. But I was disappointed by a large portion of the plot and the way the ending was handled.
cxsimpson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cxsimpson.html
Latest Review: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income by Marina Peters

Post by cxsimpson »

I saw Frozen 2 again recently and it remains one of my favorite Disney movies. It had a lot of applicable messages and I enjoyed it a lot.
xuanmaii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xuanmaii.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by xuanmaii »

Korean series Itaewon Class =)))). The first few episodes were a blast but I didn't like the end. Rate it 3/5 I guess
Jenifer1420

Post by Jenifer1420 »

Julianna wrote: 23 Mar 2020, 07:59 Ford vs Ferrari and it was awesome! I give it a 4 out of 4. The story was fantastic and the actors were great.
Thanks for shearing this info.
KimberlyS88
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kimberlys88.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by KimberlyS88 »

The last movie I saw in the theater was Frozen 2, and it was so much better than I thought it would be. I expected it to be great, but it was fantastic!
Carolreads30
Favorite Author: Adriana Trigiani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carolreads30.html
Latest Review: Strong Heart by Charlie Sheldon
fav_author_id: 8071

Post by Carolreads30 »

steigerd wrote: 19 Jan 2019, 13:30 The Shack I saw at the theater with my Bible Study Group. The group overall enjoyed the movie, however, I thought it was a simplified view of the Trinity or Triune God. Being what is considered a senior citizen I saw it as a modernization of the basic concept of Christianity. The horror of the child kidnapping and murder points to the degradation of humanity. The movie is filled with symbolism of Christianity ideology. I did not enjoy the movie as entertainment but a statement on the status of society. I, therefore, rated it a 3 out of 4.
I greatly enjoyed the book, but I did not feel that the movie was nearly as interesting as the book.
SarahTheReader
Currently Reading: Mansfield Park
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarahthereader.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by SarahTheReader »

The last movie I saw in the theatre was Frozen 2 and I really enjoyed it. However, the last movie I watched was Emma and I felt like it was a good adaptation of the movie. Granted it’s been a year or two since I’ve read the book but i would watch it again for sure.

Return to “Films and Books”