Official Review: The Inn of Destiny by Gene P. Abel

Please use this subforum to discuss romance or erotic books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Official Review: The Inn of Destiny by Gene P. Abel

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Inn of Destiny" by Gene P. Abel.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Do you believe that dreams come true? Before you answer that, check out Jackie's experience.

Jackie is a woman who's not scared of trying out things that arouse her passion. This is one of the things that endeared her to Jerry. She can do anything to spark up electrifying and passionate moments with her husband. To add more spice to her marriage, she arranged a weekend getaway at an inn designed for couples. On the night of their arrival, they both had dreams. How will these dreams affect their future?

The Inn of Destiny by Gene P. Abel is an intensely romantic novel that shows how far a woman can go to satisfy her romantic desires. Though it's a generally accepted fact that sex drive declines with age, there are a few exceptions. For a handful of women, they hit the climax of desire for intimacy between their late thirties and early forties. In this story, Jackie is one of such exceptions to the rule. The author did well to build her character around this concept. This speaks volumes about the author's unique approach to putting this book together. This uniqueness is not only seen in character development, but the writing style also had its fair share of it. I commend Gene for her thoughtfulness.

It's not surprising to see romantic novels give vivid descriptions of sexual intercourse. However, a few books give only titbits of the action and leave out deeper details. This is one such books. If you're looking for a romantic book that goes into deep details of sex scenes, you will be disappointed. Though there were so many of these sex scenes, the details were left o the reader's imagination.

What I liked most about the book was how the author projected the theme of dreams and their manifestations. Whilst she was doing that, the theme of romance was not sidelined. In my opinion, the concept of dreams and how they affect the dreamer was the primary focus of this story. A greater part of this book was dedicated to this. This did impress me. Most romance books I've read focus on the romantic theme. But this book's uniqueness is such that romance was a secondary theme.

I liked the way the characters were developed. Though there weren't many characters in the book, every character stood out for themselves. There were no redundant characters. Each character's role was distinct and clear. It was also easy to pick out the main character of this book from the lot.

I would have given this book a perfect rating. However, I found so many grammatical and typographic errors in it. Therefore, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys romance novels with minimal erotic descriptions.

The Inn of Destiny
View: on Bookshelves
Cynthia_Oluchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cynthia-oluchi.html
Latest Review: California: On the Edge of American History by Ronald Genini

Post by Cynthia_Oluchi »

Gene must have done a very good job. I appreciate that he was able to provoke the imagination of readers without being explicit. By the way, this is a good review.
Reitumetse2007
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4

Post by Reitumetse2007 »

This sounds like an interesting book to read. I should try it.The review makes it even more enticing. it is a fair review.
AJ_Drenda
Currently Reading: The Girl Who Drank the Moon
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aj-drenda.html
Latest Review: Land of Kings by Virginia Weldon
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by AJ_Drenda »

Thank you for your review.

I have a feeling that you might be confusing two genres here: romance and erotica (smut). Both have sex scenes in them. Smut is where the focus is mostly on sex scenes and the text is just brimming with it (think 50 Shades of Grey). Romance has a more classical approach to love and sex, and, although it is not devoid of sex scenes, it definitely focuses more on the emotional aspects of the characters and the story that makes 'the two become one'.
Sam Ibeh wrote: 18 Mar 2020, 15:51 For a handful of women, they hit the climax of desire for intimacy between their late thirties and early forties. In this story, Jackie is one of such exceptions to the rule.
Actually, this is normal for most women. It is not an exception or a rarity, it's a natural state of things. So, Abel exploring this theme is great, because it normalises it in fiction.

I look forward to reading the book!
Miraphery
Favorite Book: Worldlines
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miraphery.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Miraphery »

The author must have put in a lot of work into this book as it turned out great, with the exception of the grammatical errors of course. Thanks for the review
bookloverqq
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24

Post by bookloverqq »

Book of romance with not explicit sex is interesting to read.thanks for review
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

This is interesting! I have a thing for romance novels especially those with minimal erotic descriptions. Thanks for the review.
Uzo_Reviews
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uzo-reviews.html
Latest Review: Snow Country Lane by Sarah Vail

Post by Uzo_Reviews »

Romance novels are always my best pick. And this book is already showing prospects of that. This review was wonderful.
GNerd
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnerd.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by GNerd »

Great books shouldn't be sidelined by errors. I hope the author works on getting the book professionally edited. Great review

Return to “Romance and Erotic Books”