First tablet - recommendations?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Ambient Noise
Favorite Book: Gringo
Currently Reading: Always Coming Home
Bookshelf Size: 9
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ambient-noise.html
Latest Review: The Engine Woman's Light by Laurel Anne Hill

First tablet - recommendations?

Post by Ambient Noise »

Currently I use a laptop read and do other things on the go. It's an old one (10+ years old IIRC) and starting to show its age. I was thinking of getting a new laptop, but considering a tablet now instead. Mostly for the ease of reading and doing reviews when I'm not at home. I'm on a budget, though, so I can't afford anything fancy. Any recommendations for a tablet for a first-time user?
Lhisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhisa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lhisa »

I'm in the same boat as you and would love a recommendation as well. Have thought about it for months as I love the idea of being able to do the reviews wherever I am without the chunky laptop which no matter the type, I heavy. Although, another possibility is one of the chrome books. They are more portable and are less expensive than a new laptop. Be warned though, it does not come with a lot of space but you can store everything online now so its still a good option for writers.
Ambient Noise

Post by Ambient Noise »

Lhisa wrote: 16 Apr 2019, 17:18 I'm in the same boat as you and would love a recommendation as well. Have thought about it for months as I love the idea of being able to do the reviews wherever I am without the chunky laptop which no matter the type, I heavy. Although, another possibility is one of the chrome books. They are more portable and are less expensive than a new laptop. Be warned though, it does not come with a lot of space but you can store everything online now so its still a good option for writers.
Do the chromebooks have any trouble with USB drives? I have several drives with writing and other things on them, and I like having another copy i can access even if I have no Internet connection.
Lhisa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lhisa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Lhisa »

They have no issues with usb drives, most come with at least one and others have two. Always check the description before buying, they will have a description of how many slots they have.
Ambient Noise

Post by Ambient Noise »

All right, good to know. Thanks!
Leyla Ann
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Favorite Book: Call Me by Your Name
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla-ann.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Leyla Ann »

Although I haven't used it myself due to some financial issues, but I think iPad would prove to be the best.
People who read are hiders. They hide who they are. People who hide don't always like who they are.
Giga51087
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giga51087.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Giga51087 »

So a tablet its a good asset in this workline. Il give you my thanks from the bottom of my heart.
Jokes asides I was tinking in a tablet to. And completely forgot of the crome books a very good and interesting options tank you my friend for the reminder.
aruntr2001
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aruntr2001.html
Latest Review: Theatre of Racial Conflict by Bunmi Popoola

Post by aruntr2001 »

The best tablet has lots of things to be looked upon. the price, technology, features and compatibility. SO it is hard to recommend as you should do your homework first before deciding the one to buy.
yapashley
Currently Reading: Crown of Crimson (The Afterlight Chronicles Book 1)
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yapashley.html
Latest Review: Oblivion Threshold by J.R. Mabry and B.J. West

Post by yapashley »

I use an iPad when I'm on the go and my laptop for when I'm in the office or at home. It depends on the price range, the technology, features, and compatibility that you are convenient with.
Malu_2020
Currently Reading: How to Generate and Earn Royalty Income
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malu-2020.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Malu_2020 »

iPad is best, Samsung tablets also are good due to their lighting adjustments and fairly low cost
readsbyarun
Favorite Book: Wilderness Cry
Currently Reading: Spirituality in the 21st Century
Bookshelf Size: 80
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-readsbyarun.html
Latest Review: Rescuing General Patton by Curtis Stephen Burdick

Post by readsbyarun »

There are many tablets available at the lesser rate. All you need is an app that you can download and start reading the books.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”