Welcome to the forums!

Hello new reader! Say hi to all the other readers here. Please put all "intro" and "hello" threads in this forum. Tell us a little about yourself. What's your favorite book? Posts made in this forum do not increase new members' post counts.
welly16
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Welcome to the forums!

Post by welly16 »

I am glad to be part of this great journey.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Suite Life
Bookshelf Size: 2287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by gali »

Please read this thread: Links and Info for New Members. :text-welcomewave:
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
astouten
Currently Reading:

Post by astouten »

Hi everyone!

My name is Anne Marie. I am a former New Yorker, living in PA for almost 14 years. I am married and have a 19 year old daughter who is a college sophomore.

Some people are chain smokers, but I have been a chain reader my whole life. I can't wait to open my book when I get on the train to and from work every day, and I cannot sleep without reading first.

Looking forward to being part of this group and reading some new books!
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Noveldon
Currently Reading:

Post by Noveldon »

Hello World!

I am a Geoscientist,and I am studying further in Planetary Science,and Cosmology. As you can imagine I read and research everything regarding Earth,and our Universe. Its important for a scientist like myself to have mental relationships with books.

You know,I believe I would even read a book by an alien if he wrote one. :)
Tworginthewoods1

Post by Tworginthewoods1 »

Hello,
I am excited to begin reviewing the books. I enjoy reading and have been in several book clubs.
Josh_V

Post by Josh_V »

Howdy howdy,

My name's Josh. I'm 34 years old, married with 2 kids and a third on the way. I've been a regular reader most of my life but drifted away from it a bit in my teens and early 20's for the typical distractions common with that age. I've since 'rediscovered' reading over the last several years, and have been enjoying literary classics, science fiction, and autobiography/memoirs.

I don't really have any friends or family with similar interests, so I come here hoping to find a group where I can discuss some of these books, hopefully in a read a long or book club format.

I plan on putting up some kind of a post in the 'Organize your own Read-A-Long' forum at some point here shortly but I'll probably just lurk around a bit for the first day or two as I get a feel for what all goes on around here.

Thanks!
artsbyff

Post by artsbyff »

Hello! I've been reading since I was a teen some years ago, a late bloomer compared to many readers. I'm kind of a slow reader, but I still enjoy it. I've read plenty of books, but they tend to be the lesser-known ones from indie publishers and self-published authors. However, I've read popular books such as Pretty Little Liars, Gossip Girl, The Selection, and even Stephen King's Thinner. I also read M/M romance, gay fiction, and mermaid fiction because it's predominantly what I write, and I've self-published several books of my own. Because I'm a writer, reading books is super important, and it helps me a lot. After all, I love my Kindle Paperwhite (2018 Edition). While I do appreciate physical books, I prefer the convenience of e-readers. I also prefer reading to watching TV and movies. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so with all that said, I hope to find some more books to check out. Happy Reading (and Writing to my fellow writers)! :techie-studyinggray:
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

Welcome! :text-welcomewave: :text-welcomeconfetti:

This thread is the best place to start. :reading-4:

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
n+876

Post by n+876 »

Hi! :D

I'm Natalia and I just joined the club. I'm an avid reader and love to participate in reading challenges. Each year I try to set a new record :lol:
I hope to meet you all! :techie-studyinggray:
misshanifad

Post by misshanifad »

Hi there!

I'm Hanifa! I've been thinking about joining a book club for a really long time but all the local ones meet at odd times of the day so I can't go because I am at work! I've only just started reading properly again over the past few months because prior to that I just wasn't making time for it though I absolutely love the fact that I can escape into a good book! I've got a varied interest so I am looking forward to seeing the different recommendations!

:)
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

rissae80

Post by rissae80 »

Hi. I am new here. I love books and happy to get started. :)
ABeigh

Post by ABeigh »

Hi Everyone,
I go by Bee, and I am new to forum groups. Typically I can be quite shy until I get to know someone, but once you get me going I can talk for hours! I love to read and write and am currently trying to accomplish NaNoWriMo which is a November challenge to write fifty thousand words during the month. It has been one of my dreams every since I was little and I decided to give it a start this year. I am currently working on my first story, but spend most of my free time reading other people books instead. My favorite genre is fantasy with a special love for fairy tale spin-offs. That being said, I love most fiction books but have a harder time reading non-fiction unless it is an autobiography. I look forward to getting to know people here, and excited to meet people who share the same love of reading that I have! :D :techie-studyinggray:
gali

Post by gali »

A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Introductions”