Official Review: Maximum Joy by Bonnie and Rich Vannucci

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Maximum Joy by Bonnie and Rich Vannucci

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Maximum Joy" by Bonnie and Rich Vannucci.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Maximum Joy, by Bonnie and Rich Vannucci, is a fictional book about Nic and his humanitarian journey. Nic aspired to be a preacher, but his strong desire to minister to the poor, the sick, and the neglected made him choose another path. Actually, he was weary of second-hand theology and wanted to serve people in need.

One morning, while on a humanitarian mission in India, Nic was visited by an archangel. The archangel informed him that he was gifted and the Creator wanted to use him to rekindle the spirit of sharing in humankind. Thereafter, Nic became immersed in his charitable cause, and eventually, he started a global relief agency.

Though written from a Christian perspective, this book encourages helping humanity, no matter their race or religions. Having a solid plot and good pace, it’s quite interesting and inspirational. Also, it has vivid description, and it's comprehensible. Written in the third-person point of view, it consists of some interesting and amusing conversations. I appreciate the author’s simple narrative style. I enjoyed reading the book, though it reads like a young-adult novel. I guess that the authors want to get their message across in a childlike manner.

Set in the United States, India, and Kenya, this novel is a fictionalized account of the authors’ charitable experiences, especially Rich’s, over the years. It’s one of their means of spreading the spirit of sharing across the world. Consisting 235 pages, it explores the themes of love, faith, generosity, hope, and courage. Again, it tells about social sustainability and the belief in the spirit and ministry of Santa Claus.

The characters are lifelike and relatable. Most of them are quite intriguing and inspiring, particularly Mother Teresa (one of the supporting characters). The protagonist is humble and resilient. He is a man of generous spirit, and I admire that attribute. In addition, the book features the protagonist’s encounters with several celestial beings. Therefore, if you don’t like books involving angels and visions, you may want to steer clear of this one.

Altogether, I rate Maximum Joy 4 out of 4 stars. I didn’t rate it lower because it’s engaging and inspiring. It promotes charitable giving and shows how one can find hope in hopelessness. In addition, it reveals how one can actually bring more joy into their life. Moreover, it was exceptionally well edited; I didn’t see any grammar errors or typos. I recommend it to anyone who has the dream of reaching out to the needy around them.

Maximum Joy
View: on Bookshelves
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

This sounds like a really great, inspiring read! It's the perfect time for a book like this before the Holidays come. Thanks for this excellent review!
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Meg98 wrote: 14 Nov 2019, 10:43 This sounds like a really great, inspiring read! It's the perfect time for a book like this before the Holidays come. Thanks for this excellent review!
You're right, Meg98. Thanks. :tiphat:
Clovonet
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Clovonet »

I thought it was pretty decently written. :tiphat:
Elizavernon
Currently Reading: The Memory Painter
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elizavernon.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Elizavernon »

Thanks for the review. It sounds like an interesting book. I like that fact that it is fictional, but about a spiritual/religious topic.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I actually believed that it was a true life story until I read 'fictionalized account.' 🙈I forgot that I read the word 'novel' on the cover.😅 Great review!
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

The cover of the book is quite enticing. It led me directly to your review. I am into Christianity books and I love that it is written in a simple language. I bet you learned a few things about generosity and humility. Great review!
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Wamakima wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 03:26 The cover of the book is quite enticing. It led me directly to your review. I am into Christianity books and I love that it is written in a simple language. I bet you learned a few things about generosity and humility. Great review!
Yeah, I did. Thanks. :tiphat:
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator

Magnify3 wrote: 15 Nov 2019, 02:25 I actually believed that it was a true life story until I read 'fictionalized account.' 🙈I forgot that I read the word 'novel' on the cover.😅 Great review!
Yeah, 😀. I also felt that way when i was reading the book. Novels based on true stories mostly feel that way. Thanks.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

Sounds like a very inspirational and heartwarming tale. I wouldn't mind trying this one; thanks for the great review!
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

It seems as though the author was able to successfully portray the main message of his book: finding joy by giving joy. Thanks for the recommendation.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”