Official Review: Wished For Me by Kathleen Barragan

Please use this sub-forum to discuss both middle-grade and younger children's books, including picture books, easy readers, and children's chapter books. Topics for books aimed at children 12 and under go in this forum.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Annelore Trujillo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Strong Heart
Bookshelf Size: 170
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annelore-trujillo.html
Latest Review: The Siberians by Simon J. Carey

Official Review: Wished For Me by Kathleen Barragan

Post by Annelore Trujillo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Wished For Me" by Kathleen Barragan.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Wished for Me by Kathleen Barragan is a children’s picture book about a family of giraffes. It takes the reader through the activities that the mom, dad, and child enjoy doing together. They like to read books, go to the beach on sunny days, and make forts to hang out in. What other activities does this family enjoy doing? You will have to read the book to find out.

The rhyming pattern in this book is good and consistent. Rhyming makes books fun for children, but many books fall short on this aspect. I am happy to say that this book meets my expectations for a fun rhyming pattern. Every sentence ends in the same sound throughout the entire book. I am impressed that the author was able to find and use so many words that rhyme. This pattern gives the book a great flow, and it is easy to read out loud.

The illustrations are unique and fun to look at. The illustrator, Jeff Rueckel, is very talented. Each page has a vibrant picture that sets the scene and matches what the text says. Children look at pictures when parents are reading, so the pictures must be entertaining. These illustrations are colorful and captivating, and they will be enjoyed by the intended audience.

The book is very simply written and easy for a young audience to understand. The structure is also perfect for this young audience. It doesn’t have a defined plot, but it does follow a consistent pattern that a child can easily follow. Every page is about what the family does, and readers can relate to this. This layout is good for the young audience.

The editing in this book is flawless. There is not a single error. Every time I write a review for a children’s book I say that proper editing in children’s books imperative. I love that the author kept this book free from errors. It shows that the author put time, effort, and pride into the final product.

I give this book 4 out of 4 stars. It deserves nothing less. I didn’t find anything in this book that would make me even consider taking away a star. I would recommend it for children between the ages of two and five. The structure, style, and pictures are all perfect for this age group. It is a great book for parents to read out loud to their children.

Wished For Me
View: on Bookshelves
missfrombliss
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-missfrombliss.html
Latest Review: Korian by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by missfrombliss »

What a great picture book for a quality family time! Judging from the cover, it doesn't say much but from the review it sounds more promising.
spluficvictory
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 206
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-spluficvictory.html
Latest Review: Demon Heart by David Crane

Post by spluficvictory »

A book about family timeout and favorite events is definitely a good read. I appreciate that the book is flawlessly edited and entertaining for kids. Awesome review 👍
“Reading is escape, and the opposite of escape; it's a way to make contact with reality after a day of making things up, and it's a way of making contact with someone else's imagination after a day that's all too real.” :techie-studyingbrown:
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

This sounds like a lovely story. I like the theme of family and how important it is! It’s great for children to learn about that early. Thanks for this great review!
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:

Return to “Children's Books”