If you could bring back an author from the dead

This forum is for discussion about authors. You can discuss specific authors, types of authors, groups of authors, or any other topics related to authors.

Related Special Forums: Author Articles | Author Interviews

If you are an author or writer looking to discuss writing and author-related issues, please use our writing forums instead.
cadelfavreau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cadelfavreau.html
Latest Review: The Sojourners by T. L. Hughes

Re: If you could bring back an author from the dead

Post by cadelfavreau »

Franz kafka! I’d like to know his thoughts on the American immigration system (or lack thereof)
flaming_quills
Currently Reading: Americanah
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flaming-quills.html
Latest Review: Advent Of Silver by Atilla K. Zengin

Post by flaming_quills »

This may seem cliche but I would definitely bring Shakespeare back. I'd love to see how his works would seem in modern day. Also, J.R.R.Tolkien. We need to have a serious conversation about the utter depth of his writing. And by depth I mean depth.
Nikki41
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nikki41 »

Agatha Christie without hesitation, she is my all time favourite author. She is the reason that i adore reading. I would love to bring her back and in turn she can bring back the legendary Hercules Poirot, my absolute favourite detective of all time, and then she could write lots of new books. I would also love to meet her and spend time talking to such an amazing lady. It would also be extremely interesting to see how she would deal with such an advance in forensics since she was alive.
Nym182
Currently Reading: Harley Quinn
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nym182.html
Latest Review: Homecoming: The Unari Experiment Book 1 by Brian L. Harad

Post by Nym182 »

I would love to read what Hunter S Thompson would have to say about what is going on in the world of politics today. I don't know how viable the theory is that he killed himself because of Bush becoming president (along with other reasons) but I would have to imagine a similar reaction to him finding out a reality TV star is now president... Also about the decriminalization of Shrooms and Pot becoming legal...
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” HST
Giselle abg
Currently Reading: City of Heavenly Fire
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giselle-abg.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Giselle abg »

I would bring Agatha Christie. I am sure that we would have a lot to talk about!
FionaSongbird
Currently Reading: The Killer Angels
Bookshelf Size: 25

Post by FionaSongbird »

Hands down - Terry Pratchett. I want more Discworld! There are many other great authors, but no one else makes me both laugh and think as much as Pratchett.
Rwill0988
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 499
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rwill0988.html
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg

Post by Rwill0988 »

If I could bring back a writer of poetry and prose I would raise John Keats. I’ve always been swept away by his work. Would love if he had more time and more work.

If only novel writers are allowed I would raise Stieg Larson. He is the author of the Millenium series. I hadn’t expected to likeThe Girl with the Dragon Tattoo but found myself eagerly reading the next two books. He had several more books plotted and the fourth book all but finished when he passed away. Unfortunately, the author who his family allowed to continue the series botched it (in my opinion). I would love for Larson to have been able to finish his work.
“Give me a man or woman who has read a thousand books and you give me an interesting companion. Give me a man or woman who has read perhaps three and you give me a very dangerous enemy indeed.” ~ The Witching Hour by Anne Rice
Latest Review: Julu by Jan Anderegg
LeDiplomatique
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 144
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lediplomatique.html
Latest Review: Basket of Brazilian Tales by Manfred u. Osterroht

Post by LeDiplomatique »

Chinua Achebe, his writing was top notch. He was part of my foundational reading.

Return to “Discuss Authors”