Perfect Night

Use this forum to post short stories that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links.
Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kate-but-not-kaitlyn.html
Latest Review: Letters to Sis by CW3 Cesare Giannetti, US Army (Ret)

Perfect Night

Post by Kate_But_Not_Kaitlyn »

The first thing I remember is just your arms wrapped tight around me. A squeeze in the airport, my face in your chest. I breathed in the smell of the cologne clinging to your black hoodie I knew I’d be stealing. It was only ten and I knew I was in for the best day of my life.
It felt so unreal, walking beside you. Looking at those eyes I’d only ever seen in pictures. Here you were with me, I wish I could keep you.
We made it to the rental, a sleek black two door. In one swift motion without a hint of struggle you lifted my suitcase into the trunk. With one hand on the door handle and resting gently on my lower back you ushered me into the passenger side.
Every moment of that drive I fell more for you. From hearing your laugh in person to you correctly guessing my favorite song, I knew I’d made the right choice. It was a risk to chase you, a lot of people I had to go through.
We made it to your hotel room. You opened the door and apologized profusely, your friends aren’t always this messy. I placed my hand on your shoulder, it was no big deal. I was so happy to see you. The setting didn’t matter.
We spent the day laughing. Playing games with your friends and telling ridiculous stories. We ate lunch at a local diner and bonded over tacos for dinner. When I asked what song reminded you of me you sat across from me and played it on your guitar.
I’d never lived such a warm and sincere night. Never had I been so thankful. I sat in that black hoodie just holding your hand while your friends asked me about my plans. Could I tell them stealing you or was it too soon.
We kissed just as the sun set on the horizon.
This kind of happiness it was saved for fairytales and movie scenes. How did I end up here? How did everything end up so perfect?
The sappy romance movie I had just picked out started as I curled up to your bare chest. I placed my ear to your heart just to hear its beat. Your warm arm wrapped around me, holding me close. You placed a soft kiss on the top of my head. I hoped you loved me because I sure as hell loved you.
This night was amazing. I looked once more into your soft hazel eyes. I could live it forever.
And like that I was awake, home again in my apartment.
mddodgen
Favorite Book: Skills of the Warramunga
Currently Reading: It Strikes Again
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mddodgen.html
Latest Review: The Spirit of Want by William H. Coles
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by mddodgen »

So descriptive. Your writing transported me into your story. I felt as if I was there with you every step of the way. Thank you for sharing a wistful and dreamy story.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Short Stories”