Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
ea42afton
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 0

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by ea42afton »

I personally enjoy books. However, I am sick so ebooks are wonderful because I can access them from home and not get anyone else infected. :)
AstridZ08
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astridz08.html
Latest Review: Fearless Thinking, Stress-Free Living, Guaranteed (Almost) by Purandar A. Amin

Post by AstridZ08 »

I like both haha, but I often read at late of the night, so for me, it's better an ebook
Eclipse12
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eclipse12.html
Latest Review: The Hand Bringer by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Eclipse12 »

I’m one of those who love paper books and have a large collection of those and growing. I still browse the store for them, there’s just something about the feel of a paper book in hands and physically turning the pages. I can, however, appreciate an e-reader or program that allows me to read on my desktop and mobile. I can reach texts I otherwise would not have access to.
Eyrova89
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eyrova89.html
Latest Review: The Neighbour At Number 18 (Reload) by Hawa Crickmore
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Eyrova89 »

I confess that I used to read books only if I could smell and feel them. But times change, the rhythm of life, etc. For a while now pdf, ebook, kindle, have been my most loyal friends.
KariD3
Currently Reading: The Crystilleries of Echoland
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-karid3.html
Latest Review: Apollo's Raven by Linnea Tanner

Post by KariD3 »

I love paper books, and I do love curling up and reading them and I have more books than bookshelf space, but when I'm on the go or traveling and visiting friends or relatives, its just so convenient to have my nook or iPad with me. Even when Im laying down in bed, its easier to read on my phone sometimes. Its just one of those things, each one has a pro and con.
MsH2k
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

It took me a while, but now I appreciate ebooks, especially when I’m reading library books. I still have paper books that I like to get for my personal library.
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
sschatzberg
Favorite Book: Before the Storm
Currently Reading: Twisted But True
Bookshelf Size: 46

Post by sschatzberg »

Definitely paper. I love the feel of the pages as I read. It's also easier (For me at least) to find my place in a book.
glendia0603

Post by glendia0603 »

I love a good book. I do have a nook but I much prefer good old paper.
nana7613
Favorite Book: The Cat in the Hat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nana7613.html
Latest Review: A Life Naive by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by nana7613 »

I used to think that the idea of digital reading was ridiculous. But it has become so much more convenient. So..ebook!
Sarbodaya_Jena

Post by Sarbodaya_Jena »

From my point of view Ebooks will be more preferable because it's saves our lot of money and we can read any types books according to our choices...Google is also having so many different apps where we can get number of books .Now comes the main part here now the user interface of the apps is so much
friendly we can handle the brightness of the book and it will not affect our eyes also...can give the example of kindle.
M Deedee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 54
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-m-deedee.html
Latest Review: Rescued by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by M Deedee »

Ebook or Paper book

I used to prefer paper book because I can feel and touch them and I don't have to stare so long at a screen. But when I think of the burden in moving books around when relocating or traveling or if ones books get stolen or lost, what then happens?
So presently, I prefer E-books.
blakejack1123
Currently Reading: Blood Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blakejack1123.html
Latest Review: "Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga book 1)" by Janet McNulty

Post by blakejack1123 »

I definitely love real paper books. Ebooks are just not comparable. It’s the feel, the smell, and being able to physically touch them. That being said I love the convenience of ebooks as in if I find a book I want to read I can read it right away no waiting for shipping or driving to the bookstore. That has its advantages in certain situations. I love to go into physical book stores and shop and look at all of the beautiful covers. As a book lover on a budget though ebooks also are nice because the price is usually low. I’m still Team Books though!
Goodlu_1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Goodlu_1 »

I love paper books, it's easier to read than ebooks and I don't have to worry about my battery
blakejack1123
Currently Reading: Blood Bonds
Bookshelf Size: 217
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blakejack1123.html

Post by blakejack1123 »

KariD3 wrote: 27 Sep 2019, 11:03 I love paper books, and I do love curling up and reading them and I have more books than bookshelf space, but when I'm on the go or traveling and visiting friends or relatives, its just so convenient to have my nook or iPad with me. Even when Im laying down in bed, its easier to read on my phone sometimes. Its just one of those things, each one has a pro and con.
Totally agree!
CliffordPhillips

Post by CliffordPhillips »

I think Ebook is the best. it certainly makes life a lot easier when I'm traveling.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”