Did your views on guns change?

Use this forum to discuss the March 2018 Book of the Month, "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher.
Atara Miles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atara-miles.html
Latest Review: Days of the Giants by RJ Petrella

Re: Did your views on guns change?

Post by Atara Miles »

My views remained the same. I still think that there's no way the ownership and use of guns is gonna be stopped any time in the next century, quite possibly until something more advanced and destructive comes along. I'm still of the opinion that certain changes need to be made to the licensing system and laws refined to keep up with these changes, and the selection process for those who are allowed to carry guns more thorough.
Namaste23
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-namaste23.html
Latest Review: Did you know by Ashok Bhaskaran

Post by Namaste23 »

My opinion on gun control didnt change but it did make it stronger. Reading stories of shootings, even though they were fictional, made me more aware of what people are capable of and how putting guns in their hands is probably not the best idea.
Erandi Ekanayake
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-erandi-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by Erandi Ekanayake »

Actually what I always believe is guns are harmful. So there was nothing left in my mind to be changed regarding the guns. I never dream to own a gun for myself and would like to ask the gun owners to use the guns just for the sake of self defence, but not to kill others.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

No. I believe wholeheartedly in our Second Amendment Rights and feel that the author was very negative about gun ownership. I am also in the belief that guns don't kill people, people kill people. The rules that apply for gun ownership are strict but that doesn't stop criminals from still getting them.
I personally own several guns and at no point have I ever considered murdering someone. If my life and my family's life is at risk I will not hesitate to defend myself with deadly force. The biggest issue I see is people pull the gun and wave it around like that is power over people. I was trained that if I pull my weapon to pull the trigger. I believe that guns should be used as a last resort for self-defense, hunting in the case of rifles, and firing range training.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

No. Even before I read the book, I was against laws allowing Americans to privately own guns. What this book did was to actually strengthen my resolve to oppose ownership of guns by every Dick, Tom and Harry.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Stephanie Runyon
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The White Coat Effect
Bookshelf Size: 1652
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Juris Ex Machina by John W. Maly
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

Not at all. I fully support the constitution. I also live in a state where I am legally able to open carry. Likewise, I have a concealed carry license. While there are people who obviously do not follow the law, they won't care if stiffer rules on gun purchase are enacted. In my opinion, the law-abiding citizens will be punished if the Second Amendment is repealed.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF
J Edwards
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: Global Business in the Age of Transformation
Bookshelf Size: 95
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-edwards.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by J Edwards »

No, my views on gun ownership remained the same. I didn't like guns before and I don't like them any better after reading this book. Infact, this book strengthened my resolve.
:character-bart:
“We don’t receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.”

French novelist Marcel Proust.
Amy Luman
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: All the Targets by Noah Bond
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

No, I still believe that guns are not the problem. The problem is that unstable people see the ability to use guns as the solution to all of their problems. They are usually quicker than other methods, and these people didn’t have extra time. The real thing to consider is access to guns, but that’s another topic.
Chimezie Agbata
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimezie-agbata.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Chimezie Agbata »

This book changed nothing about how i perceive guns. Gun can be a very deadly weapon in hands of the wrong person. I agree to most of the comments above me. I think the disadvantage associated with an innovation should be more considered than its advantage.
Chimezie Agbata
Currently Reading:
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

This book changed nothing about how i perceive guns. Gun can be a very deadly weapon in hands of the wrong person. I agree to most of the comments above me. I think the disadvantage associated with an innovation should be more considered than its advantage.
Chimezie Agbata
Currently Reading:

koffi Malay
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-koffi-malay.html
Latest Review: Mryyh for Mafia Men by C.R. Fulton

Post by koffi Malay »

My opinions won't likely alter. I think laws should be applied consistently, and I think gun ownership should be thoroughly investigated. I hadn't thought about the risk posed by senior citizens who are armed, particularly if they are aware that their lives are about to end.

Return to “Discuss "Final Notice" by Van Fleisher”