Official Review: Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your ...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
T_stone
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 122
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-stone.html
Latest Review: Marketing on Fleek by Kobi Ben Meir
Reading Device: 1400697484

Official Review: Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your ...

Post by T_stone »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your Desire for Writing Forever" by Katina Buchanan.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your Desire for Writing Forever, written by Katina Buchanan, covers a wide range of essential steps to increase one's skills in professional writing. Do you know that eating habits affect the effectiveness of a professional writer? Do you also know that you can earn a lot of money from professional writing? Find out in this book, which was written to boost an upcoming writer's confidence with the fourteen different articles in it. Newman Springs Publishing published it in 2018.

These well-structured articles are there to build one's self-esteem and increase one's knowledge when it comes to writing professionally. In this book, the author talks about different job opportunities that one can take advantage of by being a professional writer — for example, creating your website to drive traffic and networking potential for your valuable writing collections through sites like Microsoft Enterprise and Google Business Suites. According to Katina, one can excel as a professional writer through journalism, editorial and publishing jobs for newspapers and magazines. She also talked about the importance of having a writing mentor for a writer to maximize their earnings. Being a professional writer in the writing business needs the acquisition of mastery of writing styles. It is always best to then get a mentor to upgrade your professional writing skills, someone whose objective is to develop you and teach you the four types of writing style. They include expository writing, persuasive writing, descriptive writing, and narrative writing.

Before picking this book up for review, I didn't know professional writing could be as broad as I eventually discovered. The most exciting part of this material for me was that it covered many aspects of writing: essay writing, freelance writing, bestselling book writing, poetry, and publishing. It also talked about marketing and networking skills and how they can help further your career in the writing profession. This book is widely informative. Katina also hinted lightly at the importance of joining book clubs to improve one's writing skills.

Article 5 (An Apple a Day: A Healthy Living Style Will Create Better Writing Habits) was my favorite article because of the information it contains. However, she didn't talk much about professional editing, which includes error-free writing. For a book meant to help increase interest in writing, the errors in the book didn't do much good for it. There are missing punctuations in some of the titles.

Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your Desire for Writing Forever is a book that serves as a motivation for potential professional writers; I, therefore, recommend it to them. I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because of the errors I noticed.

Fourteen Articles that Will Change Your Desire for Writing Forever
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes | on Smashwords
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: Believarexic
Bookshelf Size: 486
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

I'm definitely curious as to what all creative writing encompasses and how it can be even more profitable. Still, I'll not sure I would try to make a living this way. The book seems like a valuable resource, but I don't think it's for me. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
Ngozi Onyibor
Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Sugar & Spice
Currently Reading: The Wizard of Fire
Bookshelf Size: 174
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ngozi-onyibor.html
Latest Review: Devine Enquiries by Martin Hull

Post by Ngozi Onyibor »

I would expect an error free book too, judging by the subject matter. But I'm interested in reading her musings on diet and its effects on a writer's success. Thanks for sharing.
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

I am interested in the subject of eating habits. I would have expected that the book would be error free too. Thanks for the great review!
Brendan Donaghy
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Small Great Things
Bookshelf Size: 141
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-brendan-donaghy.html
Latest Review: Teetering On A Tightrope by Steven W Wilson

Post by Brendan Donaghy »

'For a book meant to help increase interest in writing, the errors in the book didn't do much good for it.'
I agree 100%. If you're writing a how-to-make-money-from-writing type of book, that's a major flaw.
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

It's really embarrassing for a book on writing to have errors like that. Thanks for the review though!
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

I'm very interested in this book and think it would really benefit me, so I'm going to check it out. It is a bit ironic that there were editing errors though... Thanks for this great review! Cheers:)
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 685
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

"You are what you eat," so they say. It's no wonder then that diet affects your writing. That claim about "forever" is challenging. The author has spunk, indeed.
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

Ironic errors indeed! More like, 'do as I say, not as I do'. Your review of the book sounds interesting and it seems like an informative book too. I will add it to my shelf. Great review, thanks.
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

T_stone wrote: 22 Sep 2019, 16:21 Do you know that eating habits affect the effectiveness of a professional writer? Do you also know that you can earn a lot of money from professional writing?
Despite it being ironic that this book, of all books, has errors, the above has me interested. I think I'll humor the author and pick this one up soon. Great review!
Chrystal Oaks
Favorite Book: The Favor
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 1193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-oaks.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chrystal Oaks »

Interesting that the author suggests joining book clubs to improve writing skills. From experience, I can see some truth in that advice. It has also been said that the more you read then the words flow easier when writing. I enjoyed reading your informative review. Thanks!
We do not simply live in this universe. The universe lives within us.

- Neil deGrasse Tyson
SHALLU RAWAL
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shallu-rawal.html
Latest Review: A Portrait of Mommy by JL Coston

Post by SHALLU RAWAL »

I was looking for this type of book for a long time. I am glad that I come across your review. You explain every expects of the book that I need. Thanks for the review. I'll definitely check this one out. Thanks again. :D
Ekta Swarnkar
Favorite Book: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition)
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekta-swarnkar.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Ekta Swarnkar »

Oh, this book is a must-read!
More likely, I want to know what type of eating habits are responsible for the cause. Haha!
Thanks for the insightful review!
You live your dreams in the characters of the books you read. :techie-studyingbrown:
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

Ekta Swarnkar wrote: 23 Nov 2019, 22:46 Oh, this book is a must-read!
More likely, I want to know what type of eating habits are responsible for the cause. Haha!
Thanks for the insightful review!
You'll be amazed. :D
Thanks for stopping by
Feeling upset sometimes may be unavoidable, but acting distressed is always optional.

Rob White
T_stone
Currently Reading:

Post by T_stone »

SHALLU RAWAL wrote: 23 Nov 2019, 19:42 I was looking for this type of book for a long time. I am glad that I come across your review. You explain every expects of the book that I need. Thanks for the review. I'll definitely check this one out. Thanks again. :D
I do hope you've checked it out, yet. I'm glad I could help. Thanks for stopping by.

Rob White

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”