Review by Helene_2008 -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book O...

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Helene_2008
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helene-2008.html
Latest Review: Like A Mousetrap by Brandon Ellrich

Review by Helene_2008 -- Lost and Love: Thailand (Book O...

Post by Helene_2008 »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)" by Stella Knights.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Savannah, it's only one night." These are the words her husband says to reassure her for what they are about to do. She wants to believe them, but Savannah knows better. Yet she may just do it anyway.

Savannah currently feels like she is in a rut or her life is missing something. She and her husband, Johnny, live in Melbourne, Australia. Savannah works in a call center for insurance claims. For her, the job is just a way to pay the bills and she finds little fulfillment from it. Johnny is a real estate agent and can be quite involved in his job, often working long hours and spending time distracted on his phone. While there was a time when their marriage was full of love, kind gestures, and passion, now it seems to be lackluster and monotonous.

While at work, Savannah sees a poster for a competition to win a trip to Thailand. Knowing she is only a mediocre employee, Savannah does not join the competition but does use it as inspiration for a possible vacation with her husband. Johnny agrees to the trip and Savannah starts to plan the romantic getaway for the two of them. Hopefully away from work and family, they can reignite their passion. Savannah even has some ideas to spice things up. But there are some lines that should not be crossed in love, and once you do, even if only for one night, you can't go back.

The author, Stella Knight, has a natural ability for story-telling that I really enjoyed. The story flowed well and I never felt like it was boring or dragging on. The description of the book was intriguing and I decided to give it a chance, knowing there would probably be some sexual content in the book. Unfortunately for me, I think this book would be better labeled erotica instead of romance. There definitely was a romantic element to the book but the sexual content was too graphic for my taste.

I give Lost and Love: Thailand a 3 out of 4 rating. I really enjoyed the author's writing style and I liked that at the end of the book she included recommendations for hotel and food when traveling to Thailand. The book seemed professionally edited as I found no mistakes. I didn't give a 4 because I think the sexual content was too lurid for my reading preference. Also I was frustrated with Savannah's character after her vacation. She doesn't seem to take any responsibility for what happened and says that the rules changed or she wasn't clear on them. Yet when she and her husband are sitting on the beach discussing the situation beforehand, I think the rules are clearly discussed. Especially the one she breaks! Therefore, whether it be a character flaw or plot flaw, I found that frustrating.

I would recommend this book to those who like romance and erotica. Readers that liked the Fifty Shades series would like this book. This novel is appropriate for adults only due to language and sexual content. This book is the first in the Lost and Love series, therefore the ending is a cliff-hanger. I thought that the ending was good because it wrapped some things up but also entices the reader to continue reading the series to find out what happened. I'm torn on whether I will read the next novel myself. I would like to know what Savannah ends up deciding but again some of the content was too much for me and I'm not sure I can disregard that.

Lost and Love: Thailand (Book One of the Lost and Love Series)
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Meg98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meg98.html
Latest Review: Finding A Job in Tough Times by Dr. Tim Johnson

Post by Meg98 »

This is a great review! I had a similar view on the book with the erotic content. It was a bit much for me and I agree with you that it was too graphic. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! Cheers:)
Oh love, never be afraid to fly :wink2:
Nkoo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkoo.html
Latest Review: 50 Fabulous Women by Janiece McCarthy

Post by Nkoo »

Thank you for an honest review. I agree with you, the book will definitely best fit adults due to its overly sexual content. Not for me either. Great review!
Corina Elena
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 59
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-corinaelena.html
Latest Review: Guilt by David Taylor Black

Post by Corina Elena »

I had the same feeling about this book. It promises erotica, it delivers, but it wasn't for me. Great review!
Anon_Reviewer
Favorite Book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 146
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anon-reviewer.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Anon_Reviewer »

Seems like the author got carried away with the make-out scenes and vulgar. I doubt I'd enjoy this book as I usually steer clear of erotica. Thanks for the honest review!
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

I'm not really into erotica either, so I doubt that I would enjoy this book very much. In addition, I prefer that my books not end on a cliffhanger. I enjoyed reading your review, though. Thanks!
Mallory Whitaker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mallory-whitaker.html
Latest Review: Color Me American by Silvia Sama-Lambiv

Post by Mallory Whitaker »

I like a good ol' erotic romance every once in a while. However, I've read a couple recently so I'm a little burned out on them. I also prefer them to be heavier on the romance than the erotica. So, I think I'm going to give this one a pass for now. Thank you for the great review!
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Thailand and erotica sound like two interesting elements which I would enjoy. I don't mind graphic scenes, as long as they are classy, but I guess it is a thin line that separates erotic from rough vulgarity, and that's quite subjective. Thank you for your honest review!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
ValerijaJ
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valerijaj.html
Latest Review: Call Me Pomeroy by James Hanna

Post by ValerijaJ »

Sounds like a good read for those who like this genre. Lovely and detailed review. :)
Opie2019
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Opie2019 »

It's nothing wrong with a little romance and erotic sense sounds interesting to me I would love to read this book
Daniel_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 226
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Daniel_ »

I don't like reading books from this genre; I guess I'll pass.
Thanks for the review.
nana7613
Favorite Book: The Cat in the Hat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nana7613.html
Latest Review: A Life Naive by Oliver Phipps
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by nana7613 »

The erotic content would not bother me. I'm more concerned about the characters. To be honest, they don't seem very likeable.
Thanks for your review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”