Blocked from Bookshelf

So that we can provide faster and better support, this forum (the "Public Suggestion Box") has been retired. Instead, please send any suggestions you have to us using the official website contact form.

This allows us to streamline our support system so that we can get to your message much faster. Instead of our support staff having to check three different places (support forum, suggestion box, and contact form messages), they know can respond to all message through one method, with that one method being the official website contact form.

Moderator: Official Reviewer Representatives

crisjohnson
Currently Reading: Demon Freaks
Bookshelf Size: 4

Blocked from Bookshelf

Post by crisjohnson »

Hi,
I'm new to this "club" and found a book I was interested in reading well getting more information on. Now I'm "blocked" from accessing my bookshelf and can't do anything as far as adding books or even to select a book from my bookshelf to review. How do I remedy? Also why is this even permitted in the first place. Authors, publishers or whomever should not be permitted to place any incomplete items for review as well as one should not be "blocked" from accessing their bookshelf.

I would still like to participate in this "club" but this is really making me have second thoughts about participating further.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

crisjohnson wrote: 16 Sep 2019, 20:05 Hi,
I'm new to this "club" and found a book I was interested in reading well getting more information on. Now I'm "blocked" from accessing my bookshelf and can't do anything as far as adding books or even to select a book from my bookshelf to review. How do I remedy? Also why is this even permitted in the first place. Authors, publishers or whomever should not be permitted to place any incomplete items for review as well as one should not be "blocked" from accessing their bookshelf.

I would still like to participate in this "club" but this is really making me have second thoughts about participating further.
That book is there for a reason, and it only counts against your account if you rate it (meaning you are rating a book you have not (could not have) read. Also, it has a blurb that makes it very clear what will happen if you do.

The notice you received about this should provide information about how to appeal this, and is the only way to do so. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.
September1982
Currently Reading: World Railway Accidents 1811-1880
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by September1982 »

I'm blocked to from the bookshelf cause of a book I wanted to read I did I know that the book wasn't a book after all and said I put a fake author's title on it. I want my bookshelf back so I can fishing read my book in my shelf and I will not read that book.
Gravy
Gravymaster of Bookshelves
Favorite Author: Seanan McGuire
Favorite Book: As many as there are stars in the sky
Currently Reading: The Ghost Tree
Bookshelf Size: 1027
fav_author_id: 3249

Post by Gravy »

September1982 wrote: 09 Nov 2019, 21:40 I'm blocked to from the bookshelf cause of a book I wanted to read I did I know that the book wasn't a book after all and said I put a fake author's title on it. I want my bookshelf back so I can fishing read my book in my shelf and I will not read that book.
That book is there for a reason, and it only counts against your account if you rate it (meaning you are rating a book you have not (could not have) read. Also, it has a blurb that makes it very clear what will happen if you do.

The notice you received about this should provide information about how to appeal this, and is the only way to do so. :tiphat:
Pronouns: She/Her

What is grief, if not love persevering?

Grief is just love with no place to go.

Return to “Public Suggestion Box (Retired)”