Official Review: Death Has a Thousand Doors

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Petra1791
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-petra1791.html
Latest Review: Murdered by James Schannep

Re: Official Review: Death Has a Thousand Doors

Post by Petra1791 »

This book sounds like a real page-turner. I will read this story, since I enjoy a good thriller. Thank you for your thorough review!
"I am enough."
- The Uncompromised Life
Wamakima
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wamakima.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by Wamakima »

Thank you for your wonderful review. The fact that the scenes were so alive, that you had to pause while reading is amazing. I have read the sample and I am awed.
But the path I’ve chosen has always been the right one, and I wouldn’t have had it any other way. :)
briellejee
Currently Reading: Opaque
Bookshelf Size: 292
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-briellejee.html
Latest Review: The Watchmaker’s Doctor by G. M. T. Schuilling

Post by briellejee »

As you've said, having seen the cover, I didn't think the plot would be this suspenseful. Your review is persuasive and enlightening. Glad to know that the author was able to keep the suspense throughout. I really want to read the book. Thanks for your review!
"All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost"
Cristina Chifane
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Magic Mountain
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 898
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cristina-chifane.html
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Cristina Chifane »

Despite the potentially suspenseful adventures inside an unexplored cave, I don't think this is a book I'd enjoy because of the scenes of violence and rape and the use of profane language. Thanks for your review!
"The madness of writing is the antidote to true madness." (Hanif Kureishi)
Latest Review: The Fold by Dennis Lee
Amina Yusuf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amina-yusuf.html
Latest Review: Can I Be Frank? by Rob Wyatt
Reading Device: B07PQLY49F

Post by Amina Yusuf »

"Worland crafts such realistic descriptions of the tight spaces, all-encompassing darkness, and panic to survive, that I took breaks from reading to avoid feeling claustrophobic" Am feeling claustrophobic already. This is indeed an intense read, however I don't know if I can withstand the tension before I get to the end of the book. Thumbs up for the detailed review.
Quinto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 704
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-quinto.html
Latest Review: The Longfellah's Son: An Almost True Irish Story by Michael Cassidy

Post by Quinto »

Being trapped in a cave is scary enough. Adding to that the prospect of being hunted down for trespass is even scarier, enough to make someone have a panic attack. This book presents all that and more. I add it to my “to read” list. Nice review.
Dolor
Favorite Author: Craig R. Key
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12473
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dolor.html
Latest Review: The Center of Gravity by Patricia Brandon
Reading Device: 1400697484
fav_author_id: 115430

Post by Dolor »

Death Has a Thousand Doors by Peter B. Worland is a #Suspense #Thriller that revolves around the #Adventure of a group of college students who encountered #Disaster and #Murder in a deadly #Cave.

Thanks for the review.
Burnaard+42
Currently Reading: The Message?
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-burnaard-42.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Burnaard+42 »

When death is the ultimate challenge, the normal you disappears and only the worrior in you takes over,for survival becomes the only option and not by choice. Sounds so much my type of a book and i must admit that your insightful review has led the book straight into my ready-to-read shelf. Thank you!
Pree2018
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Pree2018 »

This novel is more of keen adventure being trapped in darkness is something and only to find out that some of your friends are murdered.This way will leave you in confused because you don't know whether you are next.The situation makes you feel claustrophic; which is more interesting and scary.However,putting Hal's love and sadness to the test as they unfold the horrific moments in chapter 3.This novel i would recommend not for the faint hearted.Congratulations for the BOTD.
Verna Coy
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 194
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-verna-coy.html
Latest Review: The Fate of AI Society by Kenneth Hamer-Hodges

Post by Verna Coy »

This sounds like a very realistic book. I could never go spelunking myself as claustrophobia would be a big problem for me, but I can appreciate the risk cave explorers take! Thanks for the descriptive review!
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Post by dragonet07 »

While I don't have many problems with heavy, dark reads, I'm not really up for it at this point in time. However, it's hard for me to pass up a suspenseful adventure narrative entirely, so I'll keep this on my "to read" list for when I am able to read it, if for no other reason than to see the psychological toll that trying to survive has on the characters. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
J_odoyo
Currently Reading: First Family
Bookshelf Size: 107
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-j-odoyo.html
Latest Review: Epicenter by Carrie Hannah

Post by J_odoyo »

A novel following the story of Hal and his friends during their adventurous weekend in hazardous cave is definitely an interesting book. I like it that the author consistently maintained a suspenseful plot. The exceptional editing is another plus for this book.However, I'm not a fan of this genre. Thanks for your informative review.
The more books you read the more choices you have
– Toni Morrison
Moddesser Elahi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: The Power of Now
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moddesser-elahi.html
Latest Review: Then Comes The Flood by John Payne

Post by Moddesser Elahi »

This seems to be a really interesting adventurous story (irrespective of the not so creative book-cover), which I would like to give a try. Thank you for the review!
Last edited by Moddesser Elahi on 16 Aug 2019, 04:15, edited 1 time in total.
PANACEA - Please do not overvalue your body and mind! Just be life! :dance:
Fabi_alves
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Fabi_alves »

The suspense seems to be something that you can really feel when you're reading, like you're one of the characters. I love that in books, the possibility to feel uncomfortable too.
Bahakae
Currently Reading: Th1rt3en
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Bahakae »

By explaining in detail what happened before the tragic incident they went through, the author gives an urge to read the rest of the book. So as to find out what happened that led to the death of some of the group members who went up to the cave. The author was invited by his girlfriend Mary to explore a cave. And that's when the rest of the story or confession unfolds.

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”