The Darkness

Use this forum to post poetry that you have written. This is for getting comments and constructive feedback. This is for original, creative works. You must post the actual text, no links. Only one poem per topic please.
brookee21
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58

The Darkness

Post by brookee21 »

Sometimes, I am so sad that my heart sinks into the shadows of my chest...where it closes the doors and locks away the vulnerabilities wishing to escape and find a kindred spirit. Sometimes, it does escape, but finds a spirit which commences with an itemized list of all the things they now believe to be true. They put my heart into a box, for it to be locked again and they call it simply darkness not looking again to check that is all that is there. But, there is the light and it is visible only to those looking to see it. It battles the darkness and sometimes it wins. Sometimes, it conquers the darkness and I believe the shadows will never come back and I thoroughly enjoy the days I believe this to be true. As the light is my savior, the darkness is my teacher and I must find thanksgiving for both combined. But, I am not yet ready to face the teacher and express any sort of hope; for, I fear this will lead to the darkness wishing to conquer above all else. Or, if the darkness leaves and I forget how to grow...the idea threatens to consume me, convincing my unwillingness to let go to remain stubborn against the light. Don't let it show and it won't be taken away. Don't let it grow and it can't be diminished. Don't let it shine and it won't be put out. Don't let the darkness be overcome as the letting go may dim the light. Nonsensical, nonsensical, yes I know. But, still it rests in the shadows, waiting for the one who may come to find it until I remember the one to do so must be me.
Triple Threat
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6

Post by Triple Threat »

This is very deep and amazing. It's hard to let go of the darkness when you're afraid it will take away from your light and what makes you you. You're afraid to shine your light because you are open to the possibility that it could be put out. That's where fear and confusion enters, both connected to darkness.
Deran16
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Deran16 »

This is like a complement that tell people not to give up and stop onless you actually can't move it's a good book to read to keep you going.

Return to “Creative Original Works: Poetry”