Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Use this forum to discuss the Amazon's Kindle. This is the forum for you if you are deciding whether or not to buy a Kindle, deciding which Kindle to buy, or you already have a Kindle and need help doing something on it, need support or otherwise just want to talk about Kindles.
gali
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice in Space
Bookshelf Size: 2288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gali.html
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
Publishing Contest Votes: 0
fav_author_id: 2484

Re: Problem: Kindle App won't open .mobi file (Solved)

Post by gali »

mytkreadingreview wrote: 11 Jun 2019, 22:34 I recheked score and I found that it still remaining in -58 even if I earned some points in the competition paeticipation and facebook post.
You score should explain about that. This is off-topic.
A retired Admin/Mod

Pronouns: She/Her

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
Chipochashe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chipochashe.html
Latest Review: Body in the Woods by Behcet Kaya

Post by Chipochashe »

The link and gift code are not working. I could not find the appropriate error report link.
:D Only God gives the strength to smile in the face of death.
Sturgis
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Sturgis »

I have downloaded a book the first time ever to an electronic device. I can not open it or figure out how to move it to the kindle on my Samsung tablet. A major part of the problem is my age of 67 yrs. I downloaded a file manager but am clueless on how to utilize it. I connected the tablet to a desktop, and I see the file of the book I downloaded, but I have no idea on how to move it to kindle. I'm sure this must be simple, but not the first time for somebody of my age and inexperience in this sort of situation. I need some help to move any further.
gali

Post by gali »

Sturgis wrote: 16 Jun 2019, 16:16 I have downloaded a book the first time ever to an electronic device. I can not open it or figure out how to move it to the kindle on my Samsung tablet. A major part of the problem is my age of 67 yrs. I downloaded a file manager but am clueless on how to utilize it. I connected the tablet to a desktop, and I see the file of the book I downloaded, but I have no idea on how to move it to kindle. I'm sure this must be simple, but not the first time for somebody of my age and inexperience in this sort of situation. I need some help to move any further.
Please answer all the questions on the first post to get help.
A retired Admin/Mod

"In the case of good books, the point is not to see how many of them you can get through, but rather how many can get through to you." (Mortimer J. Adler)
1Goatgoyl

Post by 1Goatgoyl »

I couldn't open on Samsung 7 yesterday but some of the above suggestions make me think I should try everything in the thread before bugging you. Thank you for all the concise suggestions!!

Working on it but leave for job soon....more time tonite.
franthig

Post by franthig »

Hi, the problem is not that the kindle app won't open.mobi file it is that amazon says my book was delivered to frances' kindle and it is not on my kindle. Can you fix this or Is there a way I can download this to my computer in pdf?
gali

Post by gali »

franthig wrote: 04 Jul 2019, 14:13 Hi, the problem is not that the kindle app won't open.mobi file it is that amazon says my book was delivered to frances' kindle and it is not on my kindle. Can you fix this or Is there a way I can download this to my computer in pdf?
Once chosen, you can't pick another format.

You should have given your Amazon account when getting the book.

You can try to contact Amazon and ask them to move it to your Amazon account or read it from frances' kindle.
A retired Admin/Mod

Alison Alissa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alison-alissa.html
Latest Review: The Touch by Robert Flynn III

Post by Alison Alissa »

Unfortunately,I don`t have a smart phone to access books via kindle unlimited.I thought I could access books for review via kindle cloud reader.I wonder how I would be able to do so.
gali

Post by gali »

Alison Alissa wrote: 20 Jul 2019, 10:31 Unfortunately,I don`t have a smart phone to access books via kindle unlimited.I thought I could access books for review via kindle cloud reader.I wonder how I would be able to do so.
You can try to do it via your PC. If you can't, you will have to quit the book via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

rwood
Currently Reading:

Post by rwood »

I used option 1, thank you.
Mariahbenson6
Currently Reading: Wuthering Heights
Bookshelf Size: 371
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariahbenson6.html
Latest Review: Geraldine by Edmund M Aristone
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Mariahbenson6 »

I opted to review Man Mission and recieved it via a mobi file. I was unable to open it, so reached out to this forum with the following message:

"1) Option 1 2) no error message. The books app opens but nothing is in there or downloading 3) using kindel on my android 4) if books you download from amazon are mobi, then yes. Otherwise, all i have opened on the kindle app are books i have downloaded from amazon. 5) the download in file manager is "Man-Mission...rrupt.corrupt" im guessing corrupt is the issue? Thanks."

The forum responded that kindel does not open mobi files. Upon downloading multiple apps that should be compatible with the mobi file (Ereader: Prestigio and Readera) and it still will not open. The message I get follows:

"Man-Mission.mobi.corrupt.corrupt.corrupt
Unable to perform request, unrecognized file format. Supported formats: EPUB, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, DJVU, FB2, MOBI, and CHM"

The multiple apps I have downloaded all give me a variation of this message. I am not sure what else there is to do at this point?
gali

Post by gali »

Mariahbenson6 wrote: 14 Aug 2019, 13:16 I opted to review Man Mission and recieved it via a mobi file. I was unable to open it, so reached out to this forum with the following message:

"1) Option 1 2) no error message. The books app opens but nothing is in there or downloading 3) using kindel on my android 4) if books you download from amazon are mobi, then yes. Otherwise, all i have opened on the kindle app are books i have downloaded from amazon. 5) the download in file manager is "Man-Mission...rrupt.corrupt" im guessing corrupt is the issue? Thanks."

The forum responded that kindel does not open mobi files. Upon downloading multiple apps that should be compatible with the mobi file (Ereader: Prestigio and Readera) and it still will not open. The message I get follows:

"Man-Mission.mobi.corrupt.corrupt.corrupt
Unable to perform request, unrecognized file format. Supported formats: EPUB, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, TXT, DJVU, FB2, MOBI, and CHM"

The multiple apps I have downloaded all give me a variation of this message. I am not sure what else there is to do at this point?
It seems the file is corrupted, so you should submit an error report about it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Jiya bothara
Favorite Book: Anne of Green Gables
Currently Reading: Man Mission
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Jiya bothara »

1.option 1
2.can't open file
3.mobile
4.no
Cleoliane1
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reading Device: B07Q6ZNJNT

Post by Cleoliane1 »

I am having issues with the file not opening. I downloaded kindle and it wont allow me to transfer the file from the download folder to the app. I tried so far from the computer and when i open the file of my phone it is completely empty. it shows nothing at all. i am trying the 3rd option now. I am using a android UMX from assurance wireless.
gali

Post by gali »

Cleoliane1 wrote: 19 Sep 2019, 00:07 I am having issues with the file not opening. I downloaded kindle and it wont allow me to transfer the file from the download folder to the app. I tried so far from the computer and when i open the file of my phone it is completely empty. it shows nothing at all. i am trying the 3rd option now. I am using a android UMX from assurance wireless.
What is the format of the file? If it is mobi, you need to report it via your Update tab.
A retired Admin/Mod

Return to “Kindle Discussion and Support”