What are you reading right now ?

Use this forum for book and reading discussion that doesn't fall into another category. Talk about books, genres, reading issues, general literature, and any other topic of particular interest to readers. If you want to start a thread about a specific book or a specific series, please do that in the section below this one.
Aisha_123
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-123.html
Latest Review: At Day's End, I'll Always Be Me by Jerry A. Greenberg

Re: What are you reading right now ?

Post by Aisha_123 »

I am currently reading 3 books at the same time.
Silence is Golden and Storm of Bells by Robert Thier and Dance with me by Luanne Rice.
earprick
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-earprick.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by earprick »

Wings of Fire: The Poison Jungle. :D
LaurelDiane
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by LaurelDiane »

Currently, I started re-reading the Drizzt Do'Urden series by R.A. Salvatore. I'm halfway through Homeland and it's only been a few hours. I love R.A. Salvatore. This series is my favorite, but anything written by him is a gem in my opinion. One of the few I will pick up and read more than once.
Gonetothesea
Currently Reading:

Post by Gonetothesea »

Just started reading 'Watching You' by Lisa Jewell!
Elizabeth14
Currently Reading:

Post by Elizabeth14 »

Hello! I just finished "The Librarian of Auschwitz" which was an eye opening read and I recommend it if this kind of history interests you. Currently, I am reading "The Butterfly Garden" and I am not very far in, but I hope this book is good.
Ellie6us

Post by Ellie6us »

Right now I’m listening to An Affair of Poisons by Addie Thorley. And I’ve just picked up a paperback copy of Echoes by Maeve Binchy.
vermontelf
Currently Reading: The faerie wand
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vermontelf.html
Latest Review: The Follower by L. Hillis

Post by vermontelf »

i]The Crystilleries of Echoland[/i] by Dew Pellucid Is what I am currently reading. It is a quick YA read.
KPryor7
Currently Reading:

Post by KPryor7 »

I recently began reading the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. So far I have devoured the first 4 books in the series and have just started on the 5th. I absolutely love Sarah’s writing style. She is amazing at character building and pacing her stories. I can’t wait to see where the story goes.
Ciellabella_22

Post by Ciellabella_22 »

At the moment, "Ten Days In A Mad-House" by Nellie Bly. So far, I am quite intrigued. I know I can just watch the various docudrama's of it, but I'd rather read it so I can truly sympathize with Nellie herself. It makes her experience more personal that way. I am really enjoying it.
KatiesReading
Currently Reading: Strange the Dreamer
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by KatiesReading »

Welcome to Hell by Colin Martin, not my normal type of book AT ALL, but it really drew me in!
Emma Fecteau
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Emma Fecteau »

Just finished reading "A Thousand Endings and Beginnings", a collection of short stories based on Asian folklore. Will be started "Descendant of the Crane" by Joan He as soon as possible!
lennycamacho2019

Post by lennycamacho2019 »

jenniwhittaker wrote: 19 May 2009, 00:06 I am always interested in what people are reading right now.... I always read something for fun and something to learn from.

Just finished 'The Great Gatsby' for fun, and 'The Little Book Of Thrift' to learn from.

Both were under $20 and both were fab reads.
I'm currently reading Black like me by John Howard Griffin.

Outstanding journey of a man who literally walked a mile on others' shoes. Black like me addresses racism under a complete different light, and I'm looking for enlightenment on the topic. I read in the captions of a post in the gram that Mr. John H. Griffin had to move to Mexico for many years in fear for his life. We'll see where this amazing book takes me.
Hd_whales
Currently Reading: The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna
Bookshelf Size: 51

Post by Hd_whales »

Currently, I am reading The Seven or Eight Deaths of Stella Fortuna by Juliet Grames. I’m not even halfway through but I am hooked. I highly recommend it!!
Anna1512
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anna1512.html
Latest Review: That Guy What Kill Topsy by Peter Wood Cotterill

Post by Anna1512 »

I'm reading "The Hound of the Baskervilles" by Conan Doyle :)
girly girl
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-girly-girl.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by girly girl »

I just finished reading The infernal devices series, which, to be honest, doesn't really seem like something most of the population would be reading. Series is set in the same universe as The mortal instruments series-which, in case you are interested, I recommend reading first.

Return to “General Book & Reading Discussion”