Graceling Realm Series by Kristin Cashore

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
aclark02
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aclark02.html

Graceling Realm Series by Kristin Cashore

Post by aclark02 »

I'm curious as to if anyone else is a fan of the Graceling series! I absolutely love it. The series consists of three books thus far: Graceling, Fire, and Bitterblue. It is sort of a medieval times meets Beautiful Creatures kind of topic. Graceling is the first book of the series, and Fire and Bitterblue are companion books, and can be read in any order. Essentially the people in this medieval time coexist with gracelings, people who have two different colored eyes and are specifically amazing at one thing. I find the topic and story lines very refreshing, and the books could make great movies in the future. Has anyone else heard of the series?
rssllue
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

I have read the first two and am currently on Bitterblue to complete the series so far. I think that it is quite well written and a very engrossing story!
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Meg_Sage
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Meg_Sage »

I read these books a while back. They are quite different from books I normally read. Was kind of hard to get into at first but I ended up LOVING them!
therhinofam
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-therhinofam.html

Post by therhinofam »

I have read the first novel, Graceling, but I have not continued in the series. I did like the characters, especially Po. It was refreshing to see a strong heroine character that still had a compassionate side. I really appreciated that for the young women who would be reading the book.

After this post, I am thinking I may continue in the series. I am hoping that the next 2 books in the series don't disappoint!
“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
― Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre
Beloved2615
Favorite Book: Withering Heights

Post by Beloved2615 »

I have read all three books and I loved them. Not my typical read and I was very hesitant to read them but I am so glad I did. I loved the first one most.. it just flowed nicely. They are all three worth a read and such interesting images come to mind while reading them.
frandi_rancis
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-frandi-rancis.html

Post by frandi_rancis »

I read the books several years ago and they still remain some of my favorite by far. Fire in particular is one if my all time favorite reads, I found the concept and general story line extremely unique and lovely to read. Bitterblue was not that exceptional compared to the others, in my opinion, but overall still a decent book. I really hope she comes out with more books soon.
hpsecrets99
Favorite Author: J.K. Rowling
Favorite Book: Jurassic Park
Currently Reading: The Spectacular Now
Bookshelf Size: 1
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hpsecrets99.html
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
fav_author_id: 1778

Post by hpsecrets99 »

I love these books!! I think Bitterblue is my favorite. I love how it's not sequenced like a regular trilogy, and how each one can be read as a standalone book.
Latest Review: "Suppliant" by Laura Tree
alex-l
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alex-l_111501.html

Post by alex-l »

Has anyone read Graceling by Kristin Cashore? I absolutely loved the series. I am hearing it is similar to Sarah J Mass' Throne of Glass series. I think the Graceling series has more to come.
Tami216-
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tami216.html
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks

Post by Tami216- »

It's an amazing series. The writing is very smooth and the world building is so original. Bitterblue's plot is actually pretty slow but the end of the story is so stunning and shocking and it makes up for the sleepy beginning.
Latest Review: "Audiobooks.com Book of your Choice" by Audiobooks
Londera
Favorite Author: Lauren Oliver
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... elirium</a>
Currently Reading: World, Incorporated
Bookshelf Size: 391
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-londera.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2442

Post by Londera »

I love this series. Its one of the first YA series I actually completed. The books are underrated and the story is amazing. Each book is equally amazing and the writing is so vivid and descriptive I feel like Im in the book
valegrissom
Currently Reading: The Paper Magician
Bookshelf Size: 481
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by valegrissom »

I read the first two books in the series. They were amazing and I was really disappointed that the third book didn't continue with all the same characters. I never read Bitterblue for that reason.
Kikijanika
Currently Reading: War Storm
Bookshelf Size: 760
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kikijanika.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by Kikijanika »

I loved Graceling! I'm reading Fire right now and it's good but not as good as Graceling in my opinion. I just can't seem to get into it as well. Maybe that is because I've been traveling and have made quite slow progress.
Babyshamu98
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-babyshamu98.html
Latest Review: Blood Red Moon by Lee Roberts

Post by Babyshamu98 »

I have read the entire series and truly enjoyed it. To this day Graceling is one of my favorite books to read when I am tired of the constant streams of new books and the pressure of university.
My favorite of the trilogy is the first one. I was a bit disappointed in the second book, but found the third one to be a nice continuation. I also thought the third one rounded of the series nicely and tied up a lot of the loose ends.
I have recommended this book to a lot of my friends and they all ended up enjoying it a lot.
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

I read Graceling and Fire, I loved the world that the author built. I think I stopped reading after Fire because I wanted there to be more connection between the books. I wanted to see the characters from the first book play a more prominent role? But honestly as stand-alones in the same universe, they're great. This series is actually one of the very few that both my brother and I enjoyed, we usually don't have the same taste in books. Might consider picking up Bitterblue now.
unpocoraro
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unpocoraro.html
Latest Review: East Wind, 2nd edition by Jack Winnick

Post by unpocoraro »

One of the best YA series out there and I was disappointed Cashore didn't continue it. I check her page every once in awhile but she hasn't published anything else since, apart from a standalone in 2017.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”