Ebook or paper book?

Use this forum to talk about ebooks and ebook readers. Whether you have an ebook reader, are considering getting one or never plan on getting one and want to talk about why you think traditional books are better, use this forum for anything to do with ebooks or ereaders.
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Re: Ebook or paper book?

Post by Charlie19 »

I would pick hard copy books because they are more classy
mzmaldita1376
Currently Reading: Exposed The Secret Life of Jodi Arias
Bookshelf Size: 28

Post by mzmaldita1376 »

Paper book ..the smell of a new book is the greatest smell. :techie-studyinggray:
zetawhitmer
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by zetawhitmer »

Paperback all the way!! Using an eReader or iPad will never have the same feeling as holding a paper book in your hand. Also, that “booky” smell you get when you first get a brand new book and open it.
Etiquette1
Currently Reading: Knight of the Black Rose (Ravenloft Books)
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-etiquette1.html
Latest Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane
Reading Device: B00BWYQ9YE

Post by Etiquette1 »

I personally love both. I love paper books. I love the smell of the pages and seeing them all lined up on a shelf. I also love having thousands upon thousands of new books available to me at any time. I can see the merit of both and advocate both paper books and digital. Both are excellent in my opinion.
leiabutler
Currently Reading: I Will Make of Thee a Great Nation
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leiabutler.html
Latest Review: Britain Loves Baking - The Bakers Annual 2020 by Greg Wixted

Post by leiabutler »

I think E-books are good in this day and age when we are trying to be more environmentally friendly
'At his lips' touch she blossomed for him like a flower and the incarnation was complete'
The Great Gatsby
Rivergold

Post by Rivergold »

I like both, it just depends, most times paper books are better, until night because it's very hard to read and hold a flash light or use a lamp and not get caught.
cdhundley
Currently Reading: The Book of Man
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cdhundley.html
Latest Review: Sundown by Carl H. Mitchell

Post by cdhundley »

Paper book. I am all for positive environmental impact and saving space in my apartment, but when you spend a large part of your day scanning news clipping, editing the work of your colleagues, and updating online content, coming home to an e-book feels like I have not left the office.
Kansas City Teacher
Review Team Admin
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kansas-city-teacher.html
Latest Review: Project: 211 by Sammy Maida

Post by Kansas City Teacher »

Seems like a lot of people here prefer the paper books. When I read the e-books, I actually feel more tired more easily. And it's hard to curl up with a ........computer or Kindle... You curl up with a book!
firemom31

Post by firemom31 »

I have always loved the feel of a book in my hands, and enjoyed full bookshelves in my home for many years. It was once my dream to have my spare room converted to a library with custom built shelves and a comfortable reading nook. I say "once" because I now have health conditions that make it impossible to hold a book for more than a few minutes, and difficult to see the print. Ebooks have allowed me to continue my love love of reading in spite of my health issues. For that, I love them.
alostlibrary
Currently Reading: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Post by alostlibrary »

I love everything about physical copies of books! The way they feel, how they look on a shelf, the ability to see how many pages I am away from finishing! Although, I do love e-Books just as much, I think that is because my library offers the option to borrow e-Books. It makes it a whole lot easier to look for a book on the site and borrow if you don't have the time to go out. I've read so many books this way.
Kookielt63

Post by Kookielt63 »

I love going to a book store and looking for book. I could spend all day there. I do have a E reader and read books that I have chosen. I buy traditional paper books for my grandchildren. I also like to buy cooking books.
clumsy_secret
Favorite Book: My Trip To Adele
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clumsy-secret.html
Latest Review: Dolphins Don’t Run Marathons by Sam Brand

Post by clumsy_secret »

I prefer e-books rather than paper books because they are portable, paper-less and there`s no question of forgetting carrying an e-book because I tend to forget a lot of things other than taking my phone with me lol
Gift25
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift25.html
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi

Post by Gift25 »

When I first encountered ebooks, I didn't like them. Being from a generation of people who went to libraries, visited used book stores, and used the Dewey Decimal system; they felt foreign to me.

It seemed like I retained information better and enjoyed reading from left to right, rather than down a single page.

I now appreciate ebooks for their mobility. I can also have 1000's of ebooks on a single device, and not have to ship or pack 1000's of books when moving.

With that being said, I still enjoy reading paper books from time to time. :D
Latest Review: The Orb by Tara Basi
MusicalFetty
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-musicalfetty.html
Latest Review: Worldlines by Adam Guest

Post by MusicalFetty »

I have always preferred traditional paper book. It just feels so good. That is unlike e-books which if lighting is not adjusted properly you end up hurting your eyes. Also having a shelf of books definitely is better than having a hundred e-books. Anyways it's just my opinion.
ashtonf
Currently Reading: The Young Elites
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by ashtonf »

Paper book. I feel accomplished after turning a page.

Return to “E-Books and E-Readers”