City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any young adult books.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
jesscat304
Favorite Book: The Subtle Art Of Not Giving A f*ck
Currently Reading: It Ends with Us
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesscat304.html
Latest Review: Heartaches by H.M. Irwing

Re: City Of Bones - Cassandra Clare

Post by jesscat304 »

Cassandra Claire is an amazing author and this is an amazing series. I have not read anything like it since and I love it so much and I would recommend it to anyone who likes strong and caring characters with a supernatural aspect.
Annika Naramreddy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annika-naramreddy.html
Latest Review: How to Define Yourself by Chuck Clifton

Post by Annika Naramreddy »

I recently finished reading City of Bones and I felt the exact same way. When I first read the description of the book I was doubtful about whether I would like it or not but after reading the first few books I fell in love with the Shadowhunter world and was fascinated by the book. It always left me wanting more and I couldn't put the book down :techie-studyingbrown: .
Monet_va
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-monet-va.html
Latest Review: Cowboys Don't Fly by John Steed

Post by Monet_va »

I enjoyed this book a lot but lost interest in the later books of the series. The first book was fun and exciting, but later on, I no longer found the story exciting...
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

jlg wrote: 30 Jun 2013, 20:08 I tried, I really did, to like this book. I don't know if I'm just too old for young adult literature now or what, but I found it predictable and I kept putting it down and not going back to it for months at a time. It was so formulaic. Girl meets boy she instantly dislikes although he's devastatingly handsome. Girl gets pulled into a world she never imagined could exist and finds out she was actually born into it/meant to be there. Girl and boy gradually fall in love. Meh. Maybe I'll like the movie, but I had to give the book to my little sister because I was over it halfway through. I'm looking for something a little more original and surprising.
I completely agree with you. I found this book to be extremely immature and as you said, predictable.
~Roxie~
RoxieReads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roxiereads.html
Latest Review: Code Name Lily by Julien Ayotte

Post by RoxieReads »

I have read the first two books in this series, and they were okay. I wasn’t crazy about them, but I’m not particularly interested in them either. Maybe I will try to read the third one.
~Roxie~
dorebri2020
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dorebri2020.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by dorebri2020 »

This series is honestly one of my favorite series of all time. I love all of the characters and the relationships that are displayed. It is slightly predictable, but the writing style is so fun, and I love all of Cassandra Clare's work so far.
"Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light."- J.K. Rowling. :D
girly girl
Currently Reading: The Employee Millionaire
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-girly-girl.html
Latest Review: Demon Freaks by J.R.R.R. (Jim) Hardison

Post by girly girl »

I honestly discovered this book by watching TV show based on the books (called Shadowhunters for anyone interested) and I instantly fell in love with it. It's predictable, which I like in this genre. Girl meets a boy, she hates him - or maybe not? - and so on and so on. Right now I'm not sure, but either in this book or the next one, there's unexpected twist, which I surprisingly liked. Of course, I'm not going to spoil it to anyone who hasn't read the book/s yet. :D
UnicornKnight
Favorite Author: Nora Sakavic
Currently Reading: Shadow and Bone (Shadow and Bone Trilogy #1)
Bookshelf Size: 287
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unicornknight.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU
fav_author_id: 58836

Post by UnicornKnight »

Funnily enough, I picked up this book because I share a name with the author. However when I finally did get around to reading it, I found the first book a little boring and predictable. I actually ended up not continuing the series. A part of me is considering picking up her companion series since a lot of people are saying her world was built amazingly. I also have a lot of friends who DID enjoy the series so maybe it was just not my personal cup of tea. I would still recommend giving at least the first book a try.
Adalind
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Adalind »

Definitely pick up the infernal devices. I cried , laughed and developed heart eyes for the characters. As to city of bones (the 1st book in the mortal instruments) i actually did like. It was predictable and hard to continue but i definitely loved the books following after it.
ladyofsith
Favorite Book: The dark artifices
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29

Post by ladyofsith »

I've read all Cassandra Clare books so I can precisely say that City Of Bones is her the least good book. I think when she started the Shadowhunter universe, she started with City Of Bones. Because of that the book has its own mistakes. But in spite of every mistake, the book made me love Cassandra Clare and her books. For me that was the first step of whole universe. So I don't really care what has been missing in the book or what should've Cassandra made cahnges with characters.
smcclung462
Favorite Book: City of Bones
Currently Reading:

Post by smcclung462 »

I have read this book again and again throughout the years and I love it more every time. Cassandra Clare has a way of pulling the reader in by making these supernatural experiences so easy for anyone to relate to. One of the ways she does this is by creating these secret locations within places we actually can travel to in the real world! I have always adored the way she writes and links every experience and person together throughout her several different series taking place in this world.
Kaitlyn2020
Currently Reading: Three Dark Crowns
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Kaitlyn2020 »

This series and author is amazing. I will read anything Cassandra Clare writes. I have only read the entire Mortal Instruments series and the first 2 books of the Dark Artifices series. Once Cassandra is nearly finished completing the books in the Shadowhunters Chronicles, I will be binge reading these books. They are so addictive!
Anna2002

Post by Anna2002 »

I loved this book from front to back. I found it completely addictive. I found it so good I read it in a hour.
Ursala46
Reading Device: 1400698987

Post by Ursala46 »

The whole series is AMAZING. I would recommend reading the clockwork series first. It’s based in the 1800’s, leading up to where City of Bones starts.
Mandy M Miller

Post by Mandy M Miller »

I loved this series. My older sister introduced me to it and i fell in love. The story line and the characters were both very well thought of.

Return to “Young Adult Fiction Books”