What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Welcome to Films and Books Forum, the place to chat about movies, post movie reviews, compare a book to its film adaptation, discuss what makes a good book-to-film adaptation, and suggest books which you think would make a great movie adaption.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Re: What is the last movie you saw, and rating?

Post by LinaMueller »

The last movie I watched (on Netflix streaming) was Fury (2014) with Brad Pitt and Shia LaBeouf. It's a nice movie, but i can't go to the cinema anymore because most of the time all movies are garbage.
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Bighuey
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Return to the Dirt
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Bighuey »

I agree. They havent made decent movies since the 90's IMO. Its like one critic said, nowdays 90 percent of movies are crap, 5 percent are fair and 5 percent are good. I can believe it. I mostly watch foreign movies and older movies on Youtube and Internet Archive. Asian movies are especially good, they havent been influenced so much by the American big business studios.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
rssllue
Favorite Author: Ted Dekker
Favorite Book: The Bible
Currently Reading: A Year with C. S. Lewis
Bookshelf Size: 602
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rssllue.html
Latest Review: My Personal Desert Storm by Marcus Johnson
fav_author_id: 2881

Post by rssllue »

Risen. Easily a 10 out of 10! Great movie about Christ's resurrection.
~ occupare fati suffocavit

I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for Thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. ~ Psalms 4:8
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

Black Panther...would rate it 5/5.
moomawpw
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moomawpw.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by moomawpw »

I keep seeing promos for movies, and tell myself I gotta see that one, but then I get wrapped up in another book, so often another trashy thriller like the ones I write, and never make it to the movie. Sigh...
Astrid Galactic
Currently Reading: The Great Blue Hills of God
Bookshelf Size: 2049
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Astrid Galactic »

Last movie I saw was Patrick, on Netflix. I'll give it a 3/5 for it being an okay time filler. Nothing special. A girl and her inherited dog. Very predictable. :?
Manogna Thumukunta
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manogna-thumukunta.html
Latest Review: Voice of the Elders by Greg Ripley

Post by Manogna Thumukunta »

The last movie I saw was 'The Dark Phoenix'. Must say honestly, that I was kind of disappointed in the film. My rating would be a 3/5 ,considering that i am a huge Marvel fan, that's a pretty low rating in my opinion.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

I watched an old favorite last night, Beast From 20,000 Fathoms from 1954. Great old movie with great FX by Ray Harryhausen. If it has the Harryhausen name on it you know its going to be good. Lee Van Cleef had a small part at the ending. I saw it when it first came out in 54. I think I went back to see it half a dozen times. Its held up well over the years, a true classic.
"I planted some birdseed. A bird came up. Now I dont know what to feed it." Ramblings of a retired senile mind.
Annika Naramreddy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annika-naramreddy.html
Latest Review: How to Define Yourself by Chuck Clifton

Post by Annika Naramreddy »

The last movie I saw was The Last Summer. The movie was about teenagers who had just graduated from high school and want their last summer before college to be the best summer of their lives and the events of the summer are portrayed in the movie.

I watched this movie with my friends and that was the only reason I was able to sit through the movie. The lack of a plotline drove me crazy it felt like nothing was happening on the screen, however, some may like such movies hence I rate the movie 2 out of 4.
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

I watched Pet Sematary with a friend a couple of days ago and my rating was 2.
Because the movie kinda got boring for the last thirty minutes or so ... you just knew what was going to happen (I haven't read the book, no).
Have you watched the movie yet?
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
NIRUPAMA JHA
Currently Reading: McCoy before the fued
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nirupama-jha.html
Latest Review: The McCoys Before The Feud by Thomas McCoy
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by NIRUPAMA JHA »

I recently saw Inside Out. It is an animation movie by Disney. I liked the concept of the movie a lot. It is about a girl and her different kinds of emotions. I loved it. :) :) I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars.
Bighuey

Post by Bighuey »

Ive been watching some of these oldies that were around when I was a kid in high school. Last night I watched It Came From Outer Space with Richard Carlson. I saw it originally in 3-D in around 1955. It was pretty scary, in fact the girl I was with was having fits, she wanted to leave it scared her so bad. we didnt and stayed for the whole picture. Great movie with an awesome soundtrack score by Henri Mancini and Albert Glasser which enhanced the suspense and horror of the film. Even in this day and age its still pretty scary. One of the best back when they made good movies.
Cybbie_09
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cybbie-09.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Cybbie_09 »

Wow this thread is from quite a while back. My most recent movie was the new Men in Black with Chris Hemsworth and I must say I was disappointed. Not because of the actor change or anything like that, but simply because it felt jumpy...like the story was disconnected and just jumped from one point to the other without smooth transitions. I also felt like the script was forced and a bit tacky.
Noosh
Favorite Author: T J KLune
Currently Reading: Wise Blood
Bookshelf Size: 262
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noosh.html
Latest Review: The Narrow Gate by John Servant
fav_author_id: 17951

Post by Noosh »

NIRUPAMA JHA wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 11:16 I recently saw Inside Out. It is an animation movie by Disney. I liked the concept of the movie a lot. It is about a girl and her different kinds of emotions. I loved it. :) :) I will rate it 4 out of 4 stars.

Oh, my! Inside Out is amazing! I loved "Fear", he was the coolest :)
“Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them.”
Lemony Snicket
MWCarden712
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by MWCarden712 »

I recently saw the movie Us, by Jordan Peele director of "Get Out". There is a little bit of confusion because of the relationship between the main character, Adelaide(played by Lupita Nyong'o) and a mysterious woman, whose name is Red, who appears out of Adelaide's past, the two characters are both played by Lupita Nyong'o in which she displayed an incredible dual performance.

If you saw the film then you will notice that there is quite a coincidence between the two women than merely stalking. This is what helps enrich the who symbolism between Adelaide and Red's of the connection.

Return to “Films and Books”