Official Review: The Unbearable Machine by Megan Voysey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ginnamassa19.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Re: Official Review: The Unbearable Machine by Megan Voysey

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Cecilia_L wrote: 07 Aug 2018, 23:20 This sounds like a beautifully written story about dealing with loss. I enjoyed your excellent review.
It is a wonderful (if painful) story! Thank you for reading and commenting! :D (And I'm sorry for the late reply, I took a hiatus from this website for a while!)
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Ruba Abu Ali wrote: 09 Aug 2018, 12:58 I could use an enjoyable read that tackles important issues, like dealing with loss. Thanks for the beautiful review.
Thank you for reading! If you do pick it up, let me know what you think! :D
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Fuzaila wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 04:45 I enjoyed reading your indepth review. I see the book does dwelve on the dark side with a few deaths. Your first sentence captured my attention well enough that I won't pass by without adding this book. Thank you!
Thank you :D I'm glad my review caught your attention! Yes, there are a few deaths--this book is definitely not for anyone looking for a light read, but it is very rewarding. If you do pick it up, let me know what you think! :)
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

teacherjh wrote: 24 Aug 2018, 22:34 Honestly this sounds a little confusing to me. I think I'll skip this one.
Ahahah, I do agree that its meandering style and the way the characters are referred to make it a little confusing at times, but it is a good read XD Thanks for reading my review though! (And I'm sorry for the late reply, I took a hiatus from this website for a while!)
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Caylie_Cat wrote: 28 Nov 2018, 02:25 You have written a lovely review about a sensitive subject that can easily become controversial. Apart from the review, I love your profile picture which is not that dissimilar to my own. Cat people unite!
Thank you! :D For both your comment on the review and our profile pictures XD *high-fives you* *Your* cat is beautiful!

(While I wish he was my cat, he belongs to the shelter I volunteered at for a while *cries*)

Sorry for the late reply, I was on hiatus from this site for a while!
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Cotwani wrote: 16 Dec 2018, 01:26 The book seems to be juggling very many intense issues. I think I will pass.I have enjoyed reading your review all the same.
The book is definitely not a light read! Thank you for reading my review, though ^^ I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Jagiine wrote: 19 Dec 2018, 18:55 I find it rather enjoyable when I come across a book that reads with a both realistic and poetic tone. I appreciate your comparisons to poetry, as it makes the book more appealing. Thank you overall for a lovely review!
In that case, I think you'll enjoy this book! It is wonderfully written and really does read like poetry :D

Thank *you* for reading my review, I'm glad you enjoyed it! :)
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Bluebird03 wrote: 18 May 2019, 23:10 It certainly sounds as though the author's style of writing was engaging- with the flow of the writing, the resemblance of poetry and the double spacing. I enjoyed reading your very thoughtful and informative review!
The writing definitely was engaging, and the format was very much like poetry! Thank you for your kind comments, I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my review :D
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 00:38 Great review! This does seem like a great book for those who are interested, but I don't think it's one for me.
Thank you! :D Yes, this book is probably not for everyone--it's not at all lighthearted, and I think the writing style is really subjective! I enjoyed it, but it might be less of a plus point for others :P
Ginnamassa19
Currently Reading:

Post by Ginnamassa19 »

Nisha Ward wrote: 13 Jun 2019, 02:28 Ah, this sounds like a much darker book than I'd expect for one dealing with the grief of loss, but it also sounds a bit confused as to what it wants to be. I'm on the fence for this one because on the one hand, LGBTQ representation isn't easy to find, but on the other, I'm not sure I can deal with a confused plot that can't decide what to prioritise.
Ahh, I completely understand (especially about the LGBTQ rep thing)! I'd say read it for the poetry-ness and for the -experience-, but yep, the plot was a little confused, there's no denying that :P

Thank you for reading and commenting! :)

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”