Official Review: The Champagne Tales by Michael Amon

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any crime, thriller, mystery or horror books or series.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
InStoree
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Official Review: The Champagne Tales by Michael Amon

Post by InStoree »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Champagne Tales" by Michael Amon.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Have you ever wondered what the story behind a bottle of Champagne is? Or what is the viticultural process of the bubbly until it reaches your flute? Michael Amon is a Certified Sommelier with the Guild of Master Sommeliers who dishes up an acidulous and frothy collection of stories, The Champagne Tales.

This fictional book is akin to a wine cellar in which the author has bottled ten plots with a completely different texture, colour, and flavour. With irresistible labels, such as The Rarest Bottle, Aurora Borealis Rising, or The Treasure of House LeClerc, I was ready to have a taste from these tale-bottles. With gentle moves, I applied the opening ritual that releases some tangy and fruity themes. From the nightlife of drug dealers to the events of the millionaire celebrities, I enjoyed the range of spicy, playful, and elegant aroma of these smooth tales. For those who have an aversion to the ghetto's language, the colourful slang could provoke dissension. Surrounded by some of the most exceptional Champagnes (Veuve Clicquot, Bollinger, or Dom Perignon), I was fascinated and amused by the wine pairings with the molecular gastronomy. I had to keep a food dictionary nearby, to translate all the posh menus, but this to-and-fro movement was more cultural than disconcerting.

Each tale has a unique scenario completed by effervescent and spectacular characters. The Riddle was another radiant design that captured my attention. Its composition familiarized me with the term of remuage which touched me with the feeling of affinity and appreciation. On the opposite end of the traditional winemaker, the modern fragrance of a social-media icon had me laughing loudly. The natural and realistic dialogue highlights the distinct personality of the involved figures, consequently generating intense scenes. The gay conversion therapy had such a powerful resonance that I had to cool myself a bit after reading the homosexual scene. For Christian readers, this section might not be the most ideal read. However, the all-embracing bouquet of stories was covered in mystery, leaving me a surprising aftertaste at the end of every story.

The substance of Michael Amon's writing style is limpid and fluid. His work seems professionally edited, as I only found two errors with an accidental aspect - a misspelling and a duplicate word. Therefore, I am pleased to rate The Champagne Tales with 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend the book to the mature audience who is passionate about the sparkling wine, but also to those who enjoy stories with original, erratic, and entertaining elements.

Warning: the consumption of this reading may cause laughter, contrasting emotions, or even a state of reflection.

The Champagne Tales
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Sushan Ekanayake
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Uplifting The Pain of Behavioral and Learning Styles Through Poetry Now
Bookshelf Size: 408
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sushan-ekanayake.html
Latest Review: Unsettled Disruption by Juana Catalina Rodriguez
Reading Device: B0794JC2K5

Post by Sushan Ekanayake »

A nice review covering almost all aspects of the book, and I must say that the review is written as interesting as the book seems to be. Thank you 👍👍
We all need people who will give us feedback. That’s how we improve.

- Bill Gates -

:lire4: $u$han €kanayak€ :text-feedback:
Tera_26
Favorite Author: Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks!
Bookshelf Size: 26
fav_author_id: 2366

Post by Tera_26 »

I find it very interesting to make some stories so different from one another with a common denominator,
the champagne, while telling the story of such delicate and sparkling pleasure.
Bianka Walter
Favorite Book: The Old Man and the Sea
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 368
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bianka-walter.html
Latest Review: Thir13en by Keegan Nielsen
Reading Device: B06XD5YCKX

Post by Bianka Walter »

I love this review! Super creative way of intertwining your writing with the champagne lingo.
This book sounds great, too :)
You can find magic wherever you look. Sit back and relax, all you need is a book.
- Dr. Seuss
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

It doesn't sound like this is the book for me, but I admire your creative review. I never would have thought of combining champagne with fictional stories. Thanks.
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
danielleamy
Favorite Book: The Handmaid's Tale
Currently Reading: OUT
Bookshelf Size: 114
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danielleamy.html
Latest Review: Nocturnal by Tim W BYrd
Reading Device: B00I15SB16

Post by danielleamy »

Haha I love your final warning - I'm happy to read a book that may cause laughter. I love your creative writing style of intertwining the champagne terms too. Thanks for a great review, I never would have looked at this one without it
All the reading she had done had given her a view of life that they had never seen - Matilda, Roald Dahl
InStoree
Currently Reading:

Post by InStoree »

Sushan wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 10:29 A nice review covering almost all aspects of the book, and I must say that the review is written as interesting as the book seems to be. Thank you 👍👍
Thank You, Sushan, 👍 for taking the time to read it and for your unique reaction!
Tera_26 wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 12:59 I find it very interesting to make some stories so different from one another with a common denominator,
the champagne, while telling the story of such delicate and sparkling pleasure.
It was, indeed, an insightful view of this beverage. I hope you'll give it a try if you haven't already. Thank you for your comment, Tera!
Bianka Walter wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 13:58 I love this review! Super creative way of intertwining your writing with the champagne lingo.
This book sounds great, too :)
Thanks, Bianka! I suppose there are the side effects of champagne. 🙂
kandscreeley wrote: 23 Jun 2019, 17:40 It doesn't sound like this is the book for me, but I admire your creative review. I never would have thought of combining champagne with fictional stories. Thanks.
The author did a wonderful job bringing the champagne in different situations. Although is a fictional work, the base is so natural that it can be easily related to real life. Thank you for your kind words, kandscreeley!
danielleamy wrote: 24 Jun 2019, 17:20 Haha I love your final warning - I'm happy to read a book that may cause laughter. I love your creative writing style of intertwining the champagne terms too. Thanks for a great review, I never would have looked at this one without it
I really appreciate all your encouraging words, Danielle. It means a lot. I'm glad that the warning sign reached its purpose 🙂 and that you consider the book now. It is a worthy read. I hope you enjoy it.
~Tayma Tameem
Cecilia_L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 436
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cecilia-l.html
Latest Review: No Rushing when Brushing by Humairah Shah

Post by Cecilia_L »

I enjoyed your fun and creative review. Cheers!
InStoree
Currently Reading:

Post by InStoree »

Cecilia_L wrote: 25 Jun 2019, 10:50 I enjoyed your fun and creative review. Cheers!
Thanks, Cecilia! Cheers!
~Tayma Tameem
kdstrack
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

The author has created a series of intriguing stories. I like the titles and the variety each one offers. Congratulations on a wonderful review!
InStoree
Currently Reading:

Post by InStoree »

kdstrack wrote: 29 Jun 2019, 18:28 The author has created a series of intriguing stories. I like the titles and the variety each one offers. Congratulations on a wonderful review!
Thank you, kdstrack! I hope you'll give it a try.
~Tayma Tameem
Ikigai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikigai.html
Latest Review: Health Tips, Myths, and Tricks by Morton E Tavel, MD

Post by Ikigai »

Your review is so creative. I love how you brought humour in it with the warning message. It made me laugh, and I will keep in mind when I'll taste this collection of stories. Thanks for a wonderful recommendation!
InStoree
Currently Reading:

Post by InStoree »

Ikigai wrote: 03 Jul 2019, 00:35 Your review is so creative. I love how you brought humour in it with the warning message. It made me laugh, and I will keep in mind when I'll taste this collection of stories. Thanks for a wonderful recommendation!
Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to read it!
~Tayma Tameem
Mbrooks2518
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 385
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbrooks2518.html
Latest Review: The Portal by Russell Cederberg

Post by Mbrooks2518 »

I'm not sure I'll read this book, but I definitely enjoyed your review.
InStoree
Currently Reading:

Post by InStoree »

Mbrooks2518 wrote: 14 Jul 2019, 22:53 I'm not sure I'll read this book, but I definitely enjoyed your review.
Thank you, Mbrooks! I hope you'll give it a try. A sip of The Champagne Tales could be entertaining, every now and then. 🥂
I appreciate you're taking the time to read my review. :tiphat:
~Tayma Tameem

Return to “Crime, Thrillers, Mystery and Horror Books”