Review by kay2002 -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kathleen Wolfe
Favorite Book: The Hour Game
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kathleen-wolfe.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Review by kay2002 -- Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Killing Abel" by Michael Tieman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

It feels weird now that I have finished the book, I was stuck in the world of the old for some time and now that it is over it feels unnatural. The book titled Killing Able by Michael Tieman is based on the biblical story of creation, extracted from the book of Genesis. Although the facts are slightly altered he managed to make quite an interesting version of the story. He begins his book with Eve's temptation and Adam's guilt in the garden of Eden, and ends it with the proceedings of the flood. Since there are not many details pertaining to what happened in the daily lives of the characters included, there is much room for imagination and speculation as to how they conducted themselves. Which is exactly what the author has done and executed rather fairly.I would recommend this book to any adult that was interested in the stories of old.

In the beginning, when God created Adam, he was considered perfect, sinless and free. But Adam, although residing in paradise was alone and without a partner. So God put Adam to sleep, extracted a rib from his body and fashioned Eve. So when Adam woke up he was no longer alone.Though they had the bodies of fully matured human beings their minds were still child like. And did not understand most things. Nor were they ashamed of their nudity. But all of that changed after they ate the forbidden fruit.They were no longer innocent. Tempted by Lucifer himself, Adam and Eve's defiance inevitably led to them being exiled from the garden of Eden. Guided out of Eden by a "fearful wind", Adam and Eve had to learn how to handle themselves. But God's unending love for man was blatantly seen when he made clothes for them out if the hides of the ewes. The act clearly showed they were not to be left alone,they would be protected.

Adam and Eve have grown now, in age and mindset. Adam was plagued by guilt ever since he left Eden, but found that sacrificing to God eased it. He taught it to his many children, many accepted and many rejected. One in specific was Cain, he did not see the need to sacrifice. But his younger brother Able was devoted and gave his best offerings, and often tried to cover up for Cain's lack of devotion. Able's love for his brother was as blatant as Cain's disobedience.

Many years later, long after Adam and Eve's deaths, the people on the earth were in dire straights. Evil spread faster than the wing beats of a humming bird.But there were a few that stood unaffected. A Sethite that came from a long line of men who were devoted to God, a man who did everything to protect his family from the evil that ran rampant around them. God had watched him all his life, was pleased with his actions and had a plan for him. He was Noah, the one who comforts. When God informed Noah of the coming floods, Noah's Grandfather Methusalah (also a preacher chosen by God) guided him.He was instructed to build a boat that would take 100 years to complete and that he was to take only his family of 8 and several pairs of animals. The boat's structure was enormous and had to be waterproof so they covered the it in pitch and caulking. So when the floods finally came God sealed the door to the ark and while the occupants of the ark were peacefully calm but the world outside the ark was grave.

I did not completely agree with some of the changes made to the original story but i admit i enjoyed it. I rate the book a 3 out of 4 stars . There were a few spelling mistakes and maybe 1 grammatical error but the creativity of the author was enough to keep me reading.

Killing Abel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on Smashwords

Like kay2002's review? Post a comment saying so!
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

Thank you for your review. I actually started to review this book but found the writing to be not to my liking, I bowed out gracefully.
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
Kathleen Wolfe
Currently Reading:

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

I was about to do the same.
Dragonsend
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonsend.html
Latest Review: House of Eire by June Gillam

Post by Dragonsend »

I am sure the author appreciates the feedback.👍
The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. 2 Peter 3:9 :angelic-grayflying:
rumik
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rumik.html
Latest Review: Agartha by Jaylee Austin

Post by rumik »

I doubt I'll be reading this book, but thanks for the great review!
Kathleen Wolfe
Currently Reading:

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

rumik wrote: 02 Sep 2019, 14:37 I doubt I'll be reading this book, but thanks for the great review!
Thank you for your kind words! :D
Falconcrest
Currently Reading: Brass Rail
Bookshelf Size: 200
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-falconcrest.html

Post by Falconcrest »

Great analysis, your writing skills are phenomenal and you managed to bring the books core to the surface. I love this the most ' Evil spread faster than the wing beats of a hummingbird." Thanks for the amazing review.
Kathleen Wolfe
Currently Reading:

Post by Kathleen Wolfe »

Falconcrest wrote: 06 Apr 2020, 22:45 Great analysis, your writing skills are phenomenal and you managed to bring the books core to the surface. I love this the most ' Evil spread faster than the wing beats of a hummingbird." Thanks for the amazing review.
I'm glad you liked it :D
Prisallen
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 233
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prisallen.html
Latest Review: Nirvatra by April Thomas

Post by Prisallen »

It sounds like this would be an interesting version of the story from the Bible. I would like to read it, just to see how the author interpreted it. Thanks for your wonderful review!
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

Sounds interesting, a story from the bible. I would love to see how the author fills in the everyday life of the characters. Thanks for the wonderful review
Jerry334
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry334.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Jerry334 »

Nice book to read. I love book based on the Bible particularly on the one about old testament. However there is no new information about this book because it only tell the story of Adam down to Noah which we already know about.
jimmy02
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy02.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by jimmy02 »

Despite some other comments mentioning the issue of amateurish writing, I'm still fascinated by the short description of the book that you've provided. Thanks for the review, Kathlene. :D
There is no friend as loyal as a book.
~ Ernst Hemingway

:techie-studyingbrown:

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”