Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Use this forum to discuss the April 2019 Book of the month, "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon
Niv123
Favorite Book: The Barnyard Buddies Meet a Newcomer
Currently Reading: Ironbark Hill
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nivi-gideon.html
Latest Review: Returning fire by Linda rhoutsong

Re: Overall rating and opinion of "drift" by Charlie Sheldon

Post by Niv123 »

It's nice that the narration involved both the sea and land as well. I was unaware that this was part of a series and I'm looking forward to reading the other book.
Saffron
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Saffron »

This book was better than I expected it to be, and I felt like it lived up to my expectations. It was a good story, and it isn't a story I would normally read, but I enjoyed it. I will note that the characters all sounded the same, and this made the story semi-flat. There were multiple POV's which also made it hard to keep track of who is who, and the characters mostly sounded the same With this being said, it was still a wonderful read with few errors and a gripping plot. If you're into sailor stories and Indian tribes, this one is for you and I recommend it.
a-b-c-
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-a-b-c.html
Latest Review: Project Tau by Jude Austin

Post by a-b-c- »

I like the book it was something that could happen to people that sail the sea. I also liked the stories of the others in the book. yes, I think other readers will enjoy this book.
Wambui-nj
Favorite Book: Half of a Yellow Sun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wambui-nj.html
Latest Review: The Chauvinist's Guide to Modern Romance by Morris Rollins

Post by Wambui-nj »

I loved the book and would rate it 4 out of 4. As much as i know very little about the sea world, it was an enjoyable read and thrilling.
jadriscoll
Currently Reading: Prostate Cancer: Sheep or Wolf?
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jadriscoll.html
Latest Review: Arsenic and Old Men by Glenn Ickler
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by jadriscoll »

Adrift is 3 out of 4 stars book. I liked characters to describe this sea adventure and how the story balanced each side of the battle between keeping nature pure verses the ability of a company to bring jobs to the community. I disliked the detailed operations of maneuvering that it took to hook Seattle Express to tow it back to land. This book would appeal to people that enjoy sea fare adventures and to naturalists that want to protect the natural environment.
skindrukas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 284
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-skindrukas.html
Latest Review: Sigfried’s Smelly Socks! by Len Foley
Reading Device: B004DLPXAO

Post by skindrukas »

I like adventure stories, they appeal to me as a traveler. I've never traveled much on the sea though but I love the topic as well.
The temple bell stops but I still hear the sound coming out of the flowers. --- Matsuo Basho
Leyla
Currently Reading: Banished Threads
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leyla.html
Latest Review: Soul Seeker by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Leyla »

I thoroughly enjoyed this book from beginning to end! The suspense, excitement, culture, drama. There was no room for boredom. Powerful women! This plot was properly thought out. I definitely was happy reading this book.
cornelia_SD
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cornelia-sd.html
Latest Review: The Mindset by Ace Bowers

Post by cornelia_SD »

This is one of those books that is very engaging. If only I have the time to read it on one sitting, I would've done it. I like the story, suspenseful and makes you symphatize with the characters.
Life is a journey. Do not take for granted the people you are with for tomorrow they may turn to a different road. :techie-studyingbrown:
Artizi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-artizi.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Artizi »

I found this book engaging and thrilling. I had a hard time putting it down, and was intrigued by the plot and the characters. It's definitely a suspenseful book, and I love how the author managed to make me empathize with his characters.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies
Midnight3
Currently Reading: Grace Revealed
Bookshelf Size: 18

Post by Midnight3 »

I loved reading the book it was interesting I was on edge of my seat.I loved the flow how it was written.Exciting story always something happening in story loved it rate it 4/4
vivalatianne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vivalatianne.html
Latest Review: The Thundering Herd by John E. Peltier

Post by vivalatianne »

The genre was so obvious from the get-go yet the pace was slow but once it gets good, I couldn't stop reading.
Mouricia Allen
Currently Reading: Covet (Fallen Angels Series #1)
Bookshelf Size: 79
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mouricia25.html
Latest Review: The Life Inside Maggie Pincus by David I. Billingham
Reading Device: B01N3UC27N

Post by Mouricia Allen »

I haven't gotten far into it, but so far I am impressed. I like seeing courage exhibited and people relying on their faith to get them through tough times. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a weekend read.
N_R
Favorite Author: James Mace
Currently Reading: Happy Healing
Bookshelf Size: 193
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-n-r.html
Latest Review: Kiwi Jacks by Hairy Jack
fav_author_id: 21042

Post by N_R »

This sounds like a great read for people who enjoy the sea. There is a bit of drama and so this helps to develop the storyline and keep readers interested. I will put this on my 'to read' list.
Annastacia Douglas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2

Post by Annastacia Douglas »

first of all i love the way he give a brief understanding of what the book is a about , and a good Arthur always gives the reader a picture of what he is talking making them see everything in their minds whiles reading and i would say this book has those qualities and i would love to read more of his stories in future :o :D
Charlie19
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charlie19.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Charlie19 »

I loved how strong the characters are especially the women in the story.. I liked how brave they are that they are able to face the wildness of the sea..I loved it so I rate it 4 stars.

Return to “Discuss "Adrift" by Charlie Sheldon”